September 19, 2024, 08:23:15 AM

Author Topic: The Deleo's are just awesome ...  (Read 6651 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: The Deleo's are just awesome ...
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 06:27:33 PM »
Quote from: "Vasoline*Val"
Quote from: "bcledfoot"
It's great to hear about rock stars not being like a "rock star".

yea none of them are really like that at all.. this would be my second meeting with Dean and a true gentlemen everytime.. and last time all of them they were all very sweet ..  

i have my pix i should put 'em on here but im at work.. maybe when i get home tonight ! xo'

If you can't upload them, Val, just send them to me and I'll take care of it for you, bitch.  xo
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 08:28:21 PM »
Vasoline Val sent me her pictures, and I promised her that I would post them here for her.  These were taken 8/15/00.  Without further ado:

Val's cousin, Tina, with you-know-who and you-know-who:

Our boys and the lovely Miss Val:

Her autographed shirt:

Her backstage pass:

Poor Robert - I think he only had one shirt, plus that hat.  He was wearing the same thing 2 nights in a row when I met him in Cleveland - the same outfit he's pictured in above.   :D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Vasoline*Val

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/valvixin
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 04:37:51 PM »
Thank you for posting my pix on here to share with everyone on here.. im a busy girl thanks for helpig me out...when time is permitted i will send you the ones from this past july.. I wish i got a pic with scott when i LITERALLY walked in to him at a bar.. god how  embaressing.. !!!
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend, pick a flower hold your breath and drif

buddyboy101

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »
great story, great guys!  i could totally see them being in a movie.  they're so unforgettable.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 07:18:33 PM »
I love the title of this topic "The Deleo's are just awesome"

They really are, I mean yes they are two of the most amazing musician/song writers of all time, so yes I love em for that. But if you take all of that away, their still 2 of the most genuine, caring, down to earth people that I've ever met. And they have soul and thats more important than anything in this day and age. I wish the best for our boys and hope we have many more good times down the road! Thanks for posting the pics, looks like good times!

-ChaseR

Whazup

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 06:50:43 AM »
Quote from: "Vasoline*Val"
My friend and i were at the show on july 15th and we got to met Dean Deleo.. he was hanging out in their backstage area outside and my friend got all excited and called out " hey dean deleo .. " and Dean came over to us.. we were not expecting that maybe a waive if we were lucky .. he came right over to us shook hands and the 3 of us chatted away for like 5 minutes and we took pictures with him.. he was just so sweet.. and then after he went back to where he was Dean came back over and called to my friend Scott ( guess it was eaiser to remember a name like Scott then mine ha ha ) and he gave us these cool stp shirst that i have never seen before .. that was so cool .. no looking back on it we did not ask for autographs cuz we did not have anything on us to sign!...  i just think that it was awesome of dean to go out of his way to give us something .. we also got to see Roberts lil son.. dean was playing with this little boy and we asked if that was his son and he said no this is my nephew this is roberts son! awwwww how cool.... as for robert my friend scott and i were tlking about the show on the way to a bar i eneded up bumping into scott weiland at ( literally) and my friend scott was like " ya know Robert as not aged at all... he looks exactly the same.. he's a fucking machine!" 
 well thats all for my Deleo experience i guess.. xo's to all   i do have pix from the show but how do i get 'em on here ?

that is amazing!!!

did he have a nice presence, or was he intimidating??

Zotisbot

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thismachinekillshonkeys
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 07:01:00 AM »
HOLY FUCK!  Props to Scott on a SICK Jane's shirt!!!!!

bigvin22

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »
I was working security at the second STP show in Detroit last year (paid to see the first one).  I was in the pit and Rob came over and kissed  another one of the security guards on the fore head.  It was quite possibly the funniest thing because the other guy was a black guy and you could see him blushing because he was so embarassed.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 12:19:16 AM »
I was at that show but must've missed that LOL.  Was it Dustin, the dude with the huge fro O0 ?  He's my buddy.  He always takes care of me at the shows!

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 02:21:31 AM »
i met rob and dean on the army of anyone tour pretty down to earth but robert looked at me crossed eyed for some reason

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 04:39:37 AM »
That is so cool! God i wish that kind of stuff happened to me! But oh well. Does anyone have videos from the Stp Chili Peppers tour? And i love the Jane's shirt Scott is wearing. But yeah, can i just mention that Rob is one smooth guy on stage. He is so fun to watch! When i saw them in Cincinnati on July 8th i could not take my eye off of him hahaha. The way he held the  bass, the way he dressed, and his dancing.... He just looked very class.