September 20, 2024, 03:53:45 AM

Author Topic: STP Merchandise Wish List  (Read 8206 times)

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
STP Merchandise Wish List
« on: May 23, 2010, 04:24:20 AM »
We all want live albums (Unplugged, Storytellers, etc,), DVDs and the SLDD behind-the-scenes stuff (Book & Documentary), but is there anything else you want that hasn't been produced?

I have two:

1. Simple t-shirts. I'm not a fan of the busy looking shirts.
 One for each album:
  Core - the original STP logo.
  Purple - the Asian character, possibly in purple ink.
  Tiny Music - no idea, this one's tough.
  No.4 - a black box with the white star on a white shirt. (Not a fan of black shirts)
  SLDD - the Fleuron (in reddish-orange or black).
  STP - the hand cover.

2. This one would be fun: a foam finger from the new album cover.
Example:

How freakin' cool would that be?

onecagedtiger

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: STP Merchandise Wish List
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:10:07 AM »
STP bobbleheads.  Except Kretz's would be bobble arms.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:20:57 PM »
Quote from: "onecagedtiger"
STP bobbleheads.  Except Kretz's would be bobble arms.

I'd buy Kretz's.

randallanddarcy

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:06:18 AM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
Simple t-shirts. I'm not a fan of the busy looking shirts.
 One for each album:
  Core - the original STP logo.
  Purple - the Asian character, possibly in purple ink.
  Tiny Music - no idea, this one's tough.
  No.4 - a black box with the white star on a white shirt. (Not a fan of black shirts)
  SLDD - the Fleuron (in reddish-orange or black).
  STP - the hand cover.
There are stores online, and probably where you live, too, that will make these for you. Just bring in the pictures and they'll do the rest. I don't think they're too expensive, either. Just do an online search and see.
STP: August 21 and 23 2001. June 14 and 16 2010.
VR: Jan 2005, June 2005, March 2008.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 03:21:42 AM »
Quote from: "randallanddarcy"
There are stores online, and probably where you live, too, that will make these for you. Just bring in the pictures and they'll do the rest. I don't think they're too expensive, either. Just do an online search and see.
Yeah, but places get picky about copyrighted stuff, even if it is just 1 for personal use.

I'd also like a set of STP action figures.
No, nothing like "Eric Kretz with missile launching drumkit!" (although that could be kinda cool); something more like the ones McFarlane used to make (Morrison, Cobain, Kiss, Hendrix, etc.), which were more like six inch plastic statues than toys.

randallanddarcy

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 03:57:22 AM »
Yeah, but places get picky about copyrighted stuff, even if it is just 1 for personal use.

Good point. I did not think of this. If you just printed the 'purple' symbol or the flower from 'shangri...' I doubt they'd realise it though. And your idea of the star is impossible to copyright-it's just a star in a box!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 04:21:54 AM »

Good point. I did not think of this. If you just printed the 'purple' symbol or the flower from 'shangri...' I doubt they'd realise it though. And your idea of the star is impossible to copyright-it's just a star in a box!

Good thing about living here, you don't have to worry about copyrighted stuff  :D
Before and after the shows they sell LOTS of "illegal" merchandise, and if you ask to some store to print this or that, it's everything aaalright  ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

randallanddarcy

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 04:50:52 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"

Good thing about living here, you don't have to worry about copyrighted stuff  :D
Before and after the shows they sell LOTS of "illegal" merchandise, and if you ask to some store to print this or that, it's everything aaalright  ;)
Italy is the same. I remember going to 5 Pearl Jam show in 5 different Italian cities in 2006 and the bootleggers had huge outdoor markets IN THE PARKING LOTS OF THE VENUES selling bootleg t-shirts. Most of them were better than the official merchandise, too!

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 07:23:27 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"

Italy is the same. I remember going to 5 Pearl Jam show in 5 different Italian cities in 2006 and the bootleggers had huge outdoor markets IN THE PARKING LOTS OF THE VENUES selling bootleg t-shirts. Most of them were better than the official merchandise, too!

That's the way it should be.  Nobody is getting rich off these t-shirts, it's just a cool way for fans to get unique shirts for the bands they follow.

I just entered 2 designs into this STP t-shirt contest for the band's next shirt.  I tried to make em simple, yet old school rock n' roll because those are the best band shirts IMO.  I looked at some classic rock shirts, and just wanted something like that for STP.

Please check em out, and I'd appreciate any support.  (Especially since it's looking like some fugly designs are currently in the lead.  ??? )

http://http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73775

http://http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73772
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »
action figures & multiple versions of each ... ya know, Scott from the "Core" era with the blonde hair & then Scott today.  Maybe a Rob with a Cowboy Hat ...  :)
I got a picture of a photograph ...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 02:28:16 PM »
I would like to see a zip up hoodie that is relevant!  Something other than the pyramid one, I never got that design at all!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 02:48:37 PM »
I've always wanted a Tiny Music shirt. I think an all-over print would be kind of cool. I've never really cared for any of the STP shirts I got. I've gotten rid of all of them. Hehe. Although, my buddy said he would give my No.4 shirt back.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

rustic

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »
I used to have an awesome shirt from the Tiny Music tour that had Stone Temple Pilots in sort of wavy letters over a pink background on the front, and the Tiny Music lady on the back with tour dates and such.  I wish I could get another one of those.  I wore the other one so often that it fell apart.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 03:42:42 PM »
Quote from: "rustic"
I used to have an awesome shirt from the Tiny Music tour that had Stone Temple Pilots in sort of wavy letters over a pink background on the front, and the Tiny Music lady on the back with tour dates and such.  I wish I could get another one of those.  I wore the other one so often that it fell apart.

Damn. I had shirts that I wore ALOT over the years, but I never had one fall apart. You have a picture of that shirt at all?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

stpfreak

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »
I'd love the foam finger.  or at least a decent signed glossy print of it.  something nice to hang in the house, ya know?