September 29, 2024, 08:28:49 PM

Author Topic: Anyone else still waiting for the official release?  (Read 12368 times)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else still waiting for the official release?
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 01:05:04 PM »
I've listened to everything except for First Kiss on Mars and Maver.  I'm saving those for Tuesday.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
The whole album is now available in Spotify (streaming audio service/program), but i'm still waiting for the mailman to bring my LP....
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

Silvergun132

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 01:59:13 PM »
For those of you who ordered the album off STP's official site, when do you think we'll receive our copy in the mail?  I have yet to receive a "shipment" confirmation and it would be sweet to have a proper version of it on release day....

goduffgo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 02:27:47 PM »
i waited and the only song iver herd is the single! just got the album this morning :) just at work booooo but im on my break at the mo so im uploading it to my ipodand have a listen...so far herd the 2nd track!....classic STP :) made me smile!

god im sooo excited!!! so worth the wait!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »
I'm waiting for the official release tomorrow. I have only sampled the four tracks off of Amazon. My buddy listened to it and was disappointed. He doesn't care for it at all. He found it boring actually. I think he prefers when they 'rock out' as opposed to being 'artsy fartsy.' I would REALLY like to sit down and listen to it at home, but I probably won't get a chance to do that till this weekend after my son's first birthday party. So, it will be a car ride listen for most of the week.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

stewdog1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 06:57:08 PM »
Still waiting here.  Will go out at lunch tomorrow to Target and bask in the STP goodness the rest of the day at work.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »
Mine was waiting for me when I got home.   8)

I can tell you there's absolutely nothing wrong with the production & mixing - the album sounds excellent & very groovy. Still a 7.5/10 for me but I'm happy with it.

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »
Well even though I had been waiting and had only heard "Between The Lines," I had another song spoiled for me thanks to VH1. So I've now also heard "Hickory Dichotomy." Definitely a different type of song, but I was loving the groove of it and can't wait to hear it again.

Tomorrow!
Curt

Chips will only grow one shoulder at a time.

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

OnlyDying73

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 08:08:25 PM »
downloaded the leak..didnt listen. something stopped me lol but im gettin it tomorrow
Bad Religion - 10/18/10

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »
I tried to wait. Too weak. Thank goodness though, because the album is much better overall than the first four songs we were privied to.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 08:27:23 PM »
I tried to wait too. I had to hear it.

I gave it 3 spins and now it's all deleted, except for Take A Load Off.

I just don't hear the STP I love, but it's good they are still doing what they love.

I'm not sure what I was expecting after a 9 year wait for new music, but it's definitely not this.

I wasn't a huge fan of the new AIC album either. Compared to this AIC's new album is a masterpiece.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
Should be getting mine in the mail sometime tommorow or Wednesday from Bestbuy.  Deluxe Edition baby!  By the way does anyone know what comes with the Bestbuy Deluxe Edition(I know that it's probably been asked before but I'm too lazy to search!)
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2010, 10:51:40 PM »
Mine came today from Play.com with the exclusive slipcase, just gave it it's first listen cos i've been in work until late and i've gotta say i'm not blown away but i'm sure some of these songs will take a few listens to really sink in. I was hoping for an 'Atlanta', 'Adhesive' or 'Hello it's Late' on there but alas no, the slower songs on there aren't in that league  :(  The rock songs sound like they could really grow on me though, gonna give it a few more listens before posting a review as it wouldn't be a fair judgement yet...
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2010, 11:12:22 PM »
Quote from: "RangerJim"
Should be getting mine in the mail sometime tommorow or Wednesday from Bestbuy.  Deluxe Edition baby!  By the way does anyone know what comes with the Bestbuy Deluxe Edition(I know that it's probably been asked before but I'm too lazy to search!)

Probably Samba Nova, and live versions of Vasoline, Hickory Dichotomy and Between The Lines.

I think the only version that's different is the bonus track version from STP's official site, it supposedly only has 2 bonus tracks.
Bleeda blooda

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "RangerJim"

Probably Samba Nova, and live versions of Vasoline, Hickory Dichotomy and Between The Lines.

I think the only version that's different is the bonus track version from STP's official site, it supposedly only has 2 bonus tracks.

Thanks man, I heard somewhere that all the deluxe editions come with a poster and a bigger booklet inside the digipak case?
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.