September 29, 2024, 08:24:57 PM

Author Topic: Anyone else still waiting for the official release?  (Read 12367 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else still waiting for the official release?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »
I didn't even listen to those 30 second samples, I don't really see much point in that, it's like going to a strip club and leaving all horny with nowhere to go except home... I've said too much  :-
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Pruno315

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:16 PM »
Like saving yourself for marriage, I admire those who were able to wait.  However, come the wedding night (release date), you're going to be fumbling around not sure if your doing it right (deciding if you like Cinnamon), complaining about how some things kind of hurt (Bagman) while the rest of us will be pros - pleasing our loved ones (our ears in this case).

I apologize, this is the best metaphor I can come up with for "saving yourself."

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 11:01:07 PM »
Quote from: "ArnoldLayne"
Am I the only one here who wants to wait until the record is officially out? Anticipation is growing but I've only listened to "Between The Lines".

Just ordered the LP and will have my first proper listen of the songs from the vinyl!! Can't wait!!  ;D  ;D

I'm just like you! Between the lines and the previews (only twice) are all I've heard. No amazon streams, no radio or SPIN exclusive, no youtube live videos, nothing! This is an unique moment I won't spoil it like I did with HIG, not at all. I haven't even checked the booklet/artwork scans! And it's so hard considering I'm around here every day  :D Now is so close that I can easily wait, the problem is that I don't know how long  :- but it's around the corner.

PS: Of course, I downloaded the leak in case something happens... Twice as hard, it's in my computer and the temptation is huge :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 11:05:15 PM »
Quote from: "CagedTiger"
I didn't even listen to those 30 second samples, I don't really see much point in that, it's like going to a strip club and leaving all horny with nowhere to go except home... I've said too much  :-

Quote from: "Pruno315"
Like saving yourself for marriage, I admire those who were able to wait.  However, come the wedding night (release date), you're going to be fumbling around not sure if your doing it right (deciding if you like Cinnamon), complaining about how some things kind of hurt (Bagman) while the rest of us will be pros - pleasing our loved ones (our ears in this case).

I apologize, this is the best metaphor I can come up with for "saving yourself."

These two sex related analogies tell me STP is to us as good as sex ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 12:11:59 AM »
I'm just eager to get an ATRAC rip onto my PS3 and crank this album throughout my house, man.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 01:24:59 AM »
I've only heard the 4 songs on Amazon (& live twice).  But then again I also waited to find out the sex of my children til they were born too  ;D   Can't wait til Tuesday!!  Not sure how I'm going to make it through work before I buy the album.  

When do you think the pre-ordered albums will be mailed out?  I wonder if it'll be a cluster fuck like Happy was with Best Buy.

StpjcS

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 01:46:01 AM »
I'm waiting for the release. Waited this long, why not another week. I've only heard Between the Lines and the live versions of Hickory and Bagman.

I remember the days very vividly when Tiny Music, No. 4, and SLDD came out. Each one was their own memorable experience. I've taken Tuesday off from work, I'm going to be at Target at 8am, then I'm riding up the California coast and blasting the new album. I absolutely can't wait.

MadPieceOfPie

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 01:48:39 AM »
I broke down and have heard every song. But god damn this album is awesome!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 03:53:40 AM »
I dwnloaded it yesterday and Im trying to not listen to it.  Ive just heard whats streaming on Amazon, plus Take a Load off, and Samba Nova.

Waiting for the 25th to hear the rest.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 06:32:01 AM »
I find it funny how some of you guys are downloading the leak and not listening to it... what's the point of even downloading it then?  And if you've listened to the Amazon streaming songs, that's a fourth of the album - would you listen to the whole thing if Amazon streamed it?  If you're going to turn to the dark side, go all the way.

To the ones who have not listened to anything except BTL - that takes some insane discipline bordering on masochism.  Don't know how you can hold out for so long!

PhoenixFiles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 06:46:14 AM »
Quote from: "DumbLove"
I find it funny how some of you guys are downloading the leak and not listening to it... what's the point of even downloading it then?  And if you've listened to the Amazon streaming songs, that's a fourth of the album - would you listen to the whole thing if Amazon streamed it?  If you're going to turn to the dark side, go all the way.

To the ones who have not listened to anything except BTL - that takes some insane discipline bordering on masochism.  Don't know how you can hold out for so long!

Ditto!

I'm totally rockin' it 24/7 and I'm 100% buying the hard copy CD when it comes out.  Some would call it karma, some dumb luck, but I lost 30,000 tracks last year and since then, I've had a renewed appreciating for just buying music you LOVE.  I like the Rolling Stones, but there's no need for me to have their entire catalog on my iPod.  I've regained the spirit of enjoying an album played on it's own, in order, as well as enjoying the booklet.  There's no more standing in line at midnight like I did for Pearl Jam "Vs." and now I've heard the whole album, but for my favorite bands I buy the disk.
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 07:09:05 AM »
Quote from: "PhoenixFiles"
Ditto!

I'm totally rockin' it 24/7 and I'm 100% buying the hard copy CD when it comes out.  Some would call it karma, some dumb luck, but I lost 30,000 tracks last year and since then, I've had a renewed appreciating for just buying music you LOVE.  I like the Rolling Stones, but there's no need for me to have their entire catalog on my iPod.  I've regained the spirit of enjoying an album played on it's own, in order, as well as enjoying the booklet.  There's no more standing in line at midnight like I did for Pearl Jam "Vs." and now I've heard the whole album, but for my favorite bands I buy the disk.

Yeah, I agree with you 100% - nothing wrong with listening to something before it comes out, but I always buy a physical copy if it's something I really love.  Will probably end up with a vinyl copy of this album just to have as a collector's item if nothing else.  I have friends who would rather download everything and find me foolish for buying a lot of stuff still, but I like to support the artists.

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »
Nice to hear that there are others too still waiting for the official date ;D I almost checked the artwork link, but realized it's not worth it.

This is the only new album in the past 5 years or so that I don't wanna spoil by listening to leaks or previews. Just shows how much I appericate STP & their music. Wanna go old school with this, like in 1996!! Someone said wise words: I can still wait for few days after 9 years  ;D

And yes, it's great to read all the positive reviews.

But to whoever who has heard the complete album: from the reviews I've read I'm guessing it's wide variety of songs ala Tiny Music or SLDD, right? Not so much of a "grunge" album ala Core/Purple/N:o4...?
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 11:17:01 AM »
Quote from: "ArnoldLayne"
Nice to hear that there are others too still waiting for the official date ;D I almost checked the artwork link, but realized it's not worth it.

This is the only new album in the past 5 years or so that I don't wanna spoil by listening to leaks or previews. Just shows how much I appericate STP & their music. Wanna go old school with this, like in 1996!! Someone said wise words: I can still wait for few days after 9 years  ;D

And yes, it's great to read all the positive reviews.

But to whoever who has heard the complete album: from the reviews I've read I'm guessing it's wide variety of songs ala Tiny Music or SLDD, right? Not so much of a "grunge" album ala Core/Purple/N:o4...?

There's a variety of songs, but it's a very cohesive album and flows from one song into the next very well. It's not fragmented like Shangri-La Dee Da sounds. It still hasn't topped SLDD for me, but this very well might be my second favorite STP album.
Bleeda blooda

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 11:25:43 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
There's a variety of songs, but it's a very cohesive album and flows from one song into the next very well. It's not fragmented like Shangri-La Dee Da sounds. It still hasn't topped SLDD for me, but this very well might be my second favorite STP album.

Okay...I keep my fingers crossed. And the thing is, I never cared for SLDD (just personal opinion), that being my least favorite album so I'm also kinda "worried" about the new direction (after N:O4). But I'll see in a few days. BTL is killer though, so I assume the LP will be all good  ;D
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24