September 19, 2024, 11:49:12 PM

Author Topic: New Album Favorites  (Read 29149 times)

facepollution

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: New Album Favorites
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 08:58:09 AM »
So many of these songs could be singles, Dare If You Dare is a no brainer, that song will likely be massive.  Fast As I Can, Take A Load Off, First Kiss On Mars, Hazy Daze, Cinnamon, Maver - would all make decent singles, very radio friendly stuff.

Gotta give it up for Scott's singing on Maver, he hits some really nice big notes in there.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 09:24:55 AM »
The thing I've always loved about STP is with each album you have no fucking clue what you are going to get.  Their sound is always evolving and it's never stale.  The new album definitely delivers.  I should probably add that this is the first STP album where I automatically digged each track, with SLDD and No.4 a few tracks had to grow on me.  I can see why Robert said this is the album he is most proud of.

I can't stop listening to Maver and Cinnamon.

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 10:31:56 AM »
I'm listening to it for the first time right now and i cant wipe the smile off my face!!!

S.I.N

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 10:43:46 AM »
I intend to post a review type thing later after more listens but after going through it about 3 times so far I have to agree with some; it is a bit of a bummer they are leaning towards an indie and pop rock mix more with this album. That's not to say that I believe they should be "rocking more" as they have always perfectly blended that and their many other styles in the past.

There are some parts I can absolutely not stand and some that remind me the magic of what we've been missing. It's almost as if they are reaching a bit to try and fit today's music and as most would agree that's not exactly a good thing. Not trying to down the album as there are some great tunes/parts that I've enjoyed substantially already. I'm sure it'll grow on me more as I continue to spin it.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2010, 11:03:31 AM »
http://www.snappoll.com/poll/330671.php

I made a poll to see what people think the next single should be. Vote.
Bleeda blooda

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »
Favorites:

Between The Lines
Take a load off
Fast as I can
First Kiss on Mars
Maver

Maver is my new favorite.  So beautiful.  Dean owns this record.
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

iamthewscott

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »
My Top Six in No Particular Order:

Take a Load Off
Dare If You Dare
Cinnamon
Hazy Daze
Fast As I Can
Maver

That said, the entire album is amazing.  The only part that disagrees with my ears is the Bagman thing and that is only to a small extent. Great Album.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2010, 04:23:52 PM »
I voted in your 1 time poll and it told me i could not vote repeatedly LOL

I LOVE fast as I can prob my fav, I still am diggin the ones we heard too huck and hick and BTL

I was really dissapointed with dare sounds too after school special to me, I am sure it will grow on me though
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 04:25:39 PM »
I have yet to listen to the album all the way through, in order.

This excites me, may even change an opinion or two.
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

DadaelusJones

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »
Love'm
Take a Load Off:: I already expounded upon this track in another thread but needless to say its up there with Folgiers and morning sex as the greatest parts of waking up.
Peacoat:: What I love about this song is that its so unpredictable, it just swings at you from every direction.
Cinnamon:: I've always been a sucker for the STP saccharine (TCQ is my fav off of SLDD).
First Kiss on Mars:: Another fanfuckingtastic pop tune. I'd love to know what Rob's bass rig was here. And a Super Magic Robot. I want one of those. Because they sound awesome.
Maver:: Just thinking about the song gives me a raging boner. Which is making life in the office very awkward.
Dare If You Dare:: "Sooooooooowing the seeds of love, seeds of love"....I kid. But that song was the first thing I thought of. And I LOVE Tears for Fears.

The Rest
Having heard Huckleberry Crumble in the context of the album, its definitely growing on me. But Bagman and HD.....if someone told me I had the option between listening to those songs on repeat for 20 minutes or being locked in a room with Pete Wentz.....I'd definitely have to think about it.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
So far, I'm loving:

Cinnamon
Peacoat
Hazy Daze

The rest are all solid except Dare If You Dare which I absolutely can't stand. Maybe it will grow on me, hope so.

Silvergun132

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2010, 05:33:35 PM »
I see it's out there.  Can someone please send me a PM?!  I'd be eternally grateful.  Thank you!

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »
I think that the entire album is a BLAST...except i am really having trouble with 'Bagman'. I honestly think they would have been better off throwing in another 'unreleased' track in it's place. I don't hate it...but, i tend to skip over it.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

facepollution

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2010, 06:22:27 PM »
First Kiss On Mars is wicked, surely this has got to be a single, plenty of cross-over potential.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2010, 06:51:18 PM »
Quote from: "SoftVinyl"
I think that the entire album is a BLAST...except i am really having trouble with 'Bagman'. I honestly think they would have been better off throwing in another 'unreleased' track in it's place. I don't hate it...but, i tend to skip over it.
I hate the bagamn chorus but I LOVE the rest of the song,  his vocals are sick
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫