September 20, 2024, 04:44:58 AM

Author Topic: Just got the new album!!! Australia rules!!!!  (Read 25006 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Just got the new album!!! Australia rules!!!!
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2010, 07:35:36 PM »
Im going to try with all my might to avoid the streams.  

Im going to spin this album first on my record player.  1st STP vinyl Ill have so Im going to keep my ears virgins until then ;)

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2010, 07:38:03 PM »
Quote from: "Slim Jim"
Most of the people that we know that have gotten the album are real STP fans and they either don't want to be the one's who first leak it (their conscience prevents them from doing it) or they just don't have the balls. Everyone else who could do it, and who isn't a real fan (and doesn't have the moral dilemma), simply doesn't care about STP or them releasing a new album. Therefore, the only people who care about it are fans and none of them want to be the one's who actually leak it.

If this was some other currently popular mainstream band with millions of teen girls making up 90% of it's fanbase then this album would have been leaked last week. There's no other excuse for a CD that's had physical copies sold and distributed. It hasn't leaked because no one that cares has taken the initiative.

Be happy with your shitty 92kBps stream on Wednesday. Even though it will be painful, I will just wait till the 25th. The reward will feel that much bigger.

It's funny... if I had the means to rip the audio, I may very well have shared this with people on the board, thus I guess leaking it. There would have really been some serious temptation.
Take it.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »
You still listening to it, or you bored of it yet?

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2010, 07:45:37 PM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"
Quote from: "Slim Jim"
Most of the people that we know that have gotten the album are real STP fans and they either don't want to be the one's who first leak it (their conscience prevents them from doing it) or they just don't have the balls. Everyone else who could do it, and who isn't a real fan (and doesn't have the moral dilemma), simply doesn't care about STP or them releasing a new album. Therefore, the only people who care about it are fans and none of them want to be the one's who actually leak it.

If this was some other currently popular mainstream band with millions of teen girls making up 90% of it's fanbase then this album would have been leaked last week. There's no other excuse for a CD that's had physical copies sold and distributed. It hasn't leaked because no one that cares has taken the initiative.

Be happy with your shitty 92kBps stream on Wednesday. Even though it will be painful, I will just wait till the 25th. The reward will feel that much bigger.

It's funny... if I had the means to rip the audio, I may very well have shared this with people on the board, thus I guess leaking it. There would have really been some serious temptation.

But you're talking about ripping some shitty stream. I guess that would suffice for most, but personally, I don't want to listen unless it's a high quality rip straight from the disc. I've ruined the "virgin experience" with albums in the past by listening to clips or shitty streams.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
You still listening to it, or you bored of it yet?

I have not given it a listen since Thursday. Like I said, not really any desire to do so.
Take it.

Lusher

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://hillbillymag2.wordpress.com/
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2010, 08:06:37 PM »
vapor,  i have a desire.  really i do.  i also have the ability to offer technical assistance to satiate said desire.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »
BURN IT TO A CD AND SNAIL MAIL IT TO ME! =)  LOL I am getting impatient  all we have is a week from tomorrow, I can't stand it LOL
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

facepollution

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2010, 08:16:45 PM »
Australian's are great big meanies!  Share the wealth people!

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2010, 08:19:41 PM »
Quote from: "Lusher"
vapor,  i have a desire.  really i do.  i also have the ability to offer technical assistance to satiate said desire.
oh snap!! someone's been called out!!! LoL....

ryutahellhound

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »
So...still nothing eh?
Favorite STP Song At The Moment- Where the River Goes

Only_dying

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »
Quote from: "ryutahellhound"
So...still nothing eh?

Not for us low class scum I'm afraid :P I'm constantly checking demonoid just incase.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2010, 08:56:03 PM »
I have been checking all morning, no luck except those links that keep linking you to other pages.  :(
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
Ive checked demonoid and limewire... no luck.  Pirate Bay is down for now.  im no computer/download whiz so those are the only torrent sites that I know of.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

ryutahellhound

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »
Well while we're waiting, what song do you figure Amazon will stream today?
Favorite STP Song At The Moment- Where the River Goes

Only_dying

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »
Quote from: "Purple"
Ive checked demonoid and limewire... no luck.  Pirate Bay is down for now.  im no computer/download whiz so those are the only torrent sites that I know of.

If they get upped, demonoid or TPB are the best places to look first. TPB are having trouble with legal threats atm but they'll probs be up real soon thankfully.

I really expected a leak by the time I got home this afternoon, It's amazing It hasnt already

@ryutahellhound

I personally hope "Fast As I Can"