September 25, 2024, 03:31:59 PM

Author Topic: STP Spin Magazine Cover!  (Read 18780 times)

sassydagger

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: STP Spin Magazine Cover!
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 06:27:53 AM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
Wow, just read the stuff about Scott and pills. Not really sure what to say except for what's obvious...I hope that somehow what Robert said was taken out of context or something...I don't know...damn it's so hard being an STP fan sometimes!
i know what you mean! its like they are trying to turn it into a band vs. frontman thing. such bull! i love them no matter what. i consider them like a family they worry about scott its just they can't be on top of his habits all the time. i worry bout him too.
\\\"Grab the hate and drown it out
Grab the beat and drum it out
It\\\'s all so confusing\\\"

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 01:10:15 PM »
The only way for Scott to probably stay clean for good is to leave the music industry or at least stop touring.  Way to many temptations with the ‘rock & roll’ lifestyle.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

sbuxreg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/sbuxreg
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 02:02:11 PM »
idk. after reading this article i'll be amazed if they can complete their full tour schedule that is supposed to last into 2011. and even if they do, im not so sure they will continue to stay together afterwords. i personally feel the reason they are back together is similar to the reason alot of bands from their era are getting back together, they are heading towards retirement, have families, spent quite a bit of money in their younger days, and now need to go make music/tour one last time in order to get that retirement nestegg built up.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 06:05:44 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
The only way for Scott to probably stay clean for good is to leave the music industry or at least stop touring.  Way to many temptations with the ‘rock & roll’ lifestyle.
Agree. But touring is the issue (the way I see it) SD webisodes show how good and healthy he looked when he was out of the road. No news that he doesn't enjoy touring.

Anyway, the pills "Robert is talking about" (if that quoted is proper) may be the painkillers we assumed Scott was on when he felt off of stage. Considering the article is from those shows, maybe the photoshoot too.

Still, this is talking about smoke, we don't actually know anything...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

artcrimestudios

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010, 07:39:41 AM »

I never saw him as succumbing to a "Rock & Roll Lifestyle" I think he just is a emotionally fragile person and this is his coping mechanism. That having been said the happiest he;s seemed was on his solo tour.
Sometimes I think that I can kill the world
If just for a day
but I\'d just be stuck with myself again
And I don\'t think I wanna be my only friend

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 08:05:28 AM »
That certainly did not work for Layne Staley.  The guy quit the music industry, and guess what he did?  Stayed home and shot dope for 5 years until he died.  I'm not saying that this for sure would happen with Scott he certainly a fighter but music/touring is something for him to do and keep him motivated, I don't see Scott as a guy who'd want to quit music.  I know he wants to tour less to spend more time with his kids, but I don't think he'd quit it all together.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2010, 01:19:37 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
That certainly did not work for Layne Staley.  The guy quit the music industry, and guess what he did?  Stayed home and shot dope for 5 years until he died.  I'm not saying that this for sure would happen with Scott he certainly a fighter but music/touring is something for him to do and keep him motivated, I don't see Scott as a guy who'd want to quit music.  I know he wants to tour less to spend more time with his kids, but I don't think he'd quit it all together.

Didn't mean to imply that 'quiting' the industry/touring would be a cure all.  I just think he has a better chance at staying sober if he is not around people who are constantly drinking/doing drugs.  Although if he had someone looking out for him, making sure the backstage area is clear of booze/drugs and keeping him on track all of this would be moot.  It seems like he doesn't believe his drinking/taking pills(?) is a problem and until he thinks otherwise he is playing a dangerous game with his life.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2010, 07:56:25 PM »
If there's still anyone interested in getting the mag, here it is (I cut off the rest of it, just STP related) PDF file
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G5QVMZLH
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
If there's still anyone interested in getting the mag, here it is (I cut off the rest of it, just STP related) PDF file

Thank you very much!  ;D

That is one hell of an interview though...
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

Silvergun

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"

cheers man, good read

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"

Didn't mean to imply that 'quiting' the industry/touring would be a cure all.  I just think he has a better chance at staying sober if he is not around people who are constantly drinking/doing drugs.  Although if he had someone looking out for him, making sure the backstage area is clear of booze/drugs and keeping him on track all of this would be moot.  It seems like he doesn't believe his drinking/taking pills(?) is a problem and until he thinks otherwise he is playing a dangerous game with his life.
there are PLENTY of musicians who are sober, stay sober and still are in the industry touring.
It's the person and how they handle their soberity not the surroundings. He doesn't need a babysitter (though "sober coaches" rarely work, and I believe Scott had one years ago who was as much off the wagon as he was) The biggest friend to a struggling musician was Bob Timmons. He was a "sponsor" to many and who would travel where ever a musician was to help. The list of musicians who owe him gratitude reads like band list for Lolla! Sadly he passed away a few years ago.
But Scott does have a lot good sober people around him. It all depends on Scott.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

david_magno

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
I got this magazine.
I got a free Spin subscription when i went to Lollapalooza 2 years back.
I read the STP article.  A bit sad.
too bad that touring isn't as much fun and is "just a job" now.
but I think that goes for a lot of musicians, especially at an older age.

david_magno

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2010, 05:02:32 PM »
I also liked the line when asked about how they got reunited.
Something like:  "Dean called and said, Do you want to make a million dollars."
That's how it goes.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2010, 01:46:16 AM »
Scott's looking good on that cover.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2010, 02:45:49 AM »
I thought that was a really good article.. very descriptive and well written...seemed to be the facts and what the writer witnessed!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫