September 19, 2024, 08:04:21 PM

Author Topic: New Album: Sales Predictions?  (Read 39064 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Album: Sales Predictions?
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2010, 01:50:49 AM »
Yeah, who is buying Jack Johnson cds, soccer moms?  I did see that album promo'd big time at HMVs

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2010, 06:10:27 PM »
Why all this hate for Jack Johnson? I mean, he writes his own material and actually plays his own instrument, so he can't be all that bad. Atleast he's not another bubblegum/created by the corporate musical machine act. He's been around for sometime now.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »
Why all this hate for Jack Johnson? I mean, he writes his own material and actually plays his own instrument, so he can't be all that bad. Atleast he's not another bubblegum/created by the corporate musical machine act. He's been around for sometime now.

He's definitely not the worst out there.  I still see him as kind of a novelty and a one-trick-pony, though.  I mean every song he writes basically sounds the same IMHO.  But he is actually a great surfer and a decent songwriter. 

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »

I have nothing against him, just not my bag ... but I think that its time of release has a lot to do with it ... it's one of those "roadtrip to the beach summertime CDs" IMO ...
I got a picture of a photograph ...

Pruno

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

With 54% reporting for the week, STP has sold 2,976 more copies.  So they will end up with around 6K for the week.  It's hanging around, only dropped one spot from 47 to 48.

Total is around 110k in the US I think

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

With 54% reporting for the week, STP has sold 2,976 more copies.  So they will end up with around 6K for the week.  It's hanging around, only dropped one spot from 47 to 48.

Total is around 110k in the US I think

110k in this day and age is pretty good no? How are we feeling about the sales overall? Maybe a little bit less than we hoped but not bad? Maybe Take a Load Off will give it a boost. Hopefully the 3rd single will blow it all out of the park!

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
Final numbers are in and STP has fallen off the top 50.   :(
That means they did less than 8,000 copies this week. 

I would guess this does not make anyone (the band, record company) happy.  Adding up all of the weeks so far and guessing this week at 6,500 units would give the band a cumulative total of 106,045 copies.  I am so happy with the album, just not with the sales.  I almost want to ask people "why aren't you listening to this album?"  Say what you want (I know you will) but this album is better than 106,000 copies after 5 weeks of release.  No other way to say it.  But having said all of that, I am so grateful we got an album at all.

timryanokane

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2010, 09:51:11 PM »
Final numbers are in and STP has fallen off the top 50.   :(
That means they did less than 8,000 copies this week. 

I would guess this does not make anyone (the band, record company) happy.  Adding up all of the weeks so far and guessing this week at 6,500 units would give the band a cumulative total of 106,045 copies.  I am so happy with the album, just not with the sales.  I almost want to ask people "why aren't you listening to this album?"  Say what you want (I know you will) but this album is better than 106,000 copies after 5 weeks of release.  No other way to say it.  But having said all of that, I am so grateful we got an album at all.

The superior 2nd VR album also did crap sales.  Who knows.  As I said in another thread - hopefully this wont discourage them from putting out more work in the future...

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2010, 10:26:51 PM »
Why are people jumping out of building already .. the album has been out what, a month now?  Theres still life in it, dont pull the plug yet 8)

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2010, 10:34:06 PM »
Why are people jumping out of building already .. the album has been out what, a month now?  Theres still life in it, dont pull the plug yet 8)

I agree.  Any band that can sell 100,000+ units, in this day and age,  is doing pretty good.   I bet once they tour The States again, a lot more people will go out and buy it. 

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2010, 11:45:46 PM »
They can get to 200,000 by the end of the year if they release cinnamon as a single...i kno, "hardcore" fans, and i put hardcore in quotes for a reason, won't like the move. but a. if they haven't bought the record yet, they're not ever going to, and b. they make up like 10% of the potential buyers. if cinnamon becomes a single with a video i think it can massively inflate album sales...however, i dont think they give a shit, which is fine. i don't either. i got the record i wanted but it wouldnt hurt for them to get some new fans in the process considering the pathetic reactions they've been getting from crowds across europe
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2010, 04:49:12 AM »
i got the record i wanted but it wouldnt hurt for them to get some new fans in the process considering the pathetic reactions they've been getting from crowds across europe
was it really that bad? from what i read i thought it was just one show where no one gave a shit about STP, and it was one where they weren't even headlining. from the small amount of photos and videos i've seen from their shows in europe, the crowd seems pretty into them....
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »
Hmmm.... Give it more time i guess.... Its been wat- a month now and Slash's new album's come to India as a New Release, dats how lame it is here... No STP yet... Still waiting........ :'(

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2010, 03:40:51 PM »
i got the record i wanted but it wouldnt hurt for them to get some new fans in the process considering the pathetic reactions they've been getting from crowds across europe
was it really that bad? from what i read i thought it was just one show where no one gave a shit about STP, and it was one where they weren't even headlining. from the small amount of photos and videos i've seen from their shows in europe, the crowd seems pretty into them....

Yeah, it was an Aerosmith show, and at Download the reponse was tepid too. When I saw them in London at their own gig the crowd was insane!

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2010, 04:20:28 AM »
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but come on...

I understand the reason why STP DID NOT put their name on the front of the new album.
But looking at the sales so far, I think the band and ATLANTIC might want to re-consider
this decision.  Just passing by a CD rack and seeing the front of this record -- 
how would you know it was STP unless you picked it up and examined the CD? 
For the average music buyer, wouldn't having the name of the band on the front of the
album perk sales somewhat?

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland