September 20, 2024, 12:22:08 AM

Author Topic: New Album: Sales Predictions?  (Read 39076 times)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Album: Sales Predictions?
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2010, 07:15:59 PM »
Actually your example is better. I should have used that.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2010, 07:24:25 PM »
Anyone who groups Velvet Revolver with Jonas Brothers really loses any ounce of credibility they ever had from me. Throwing matchbox 20 in the mix just takes things from bad to worse.
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »
Quote from: "Shannon"
Anyone who groups Velvet Revolver with Jonas Brothers really loses any ounce of credibility they ever had from me. Throwing matchbox 20 in the mix just takes things from bad to worse.

I think this was over a LOOOOOOOONG time ago.

- Ron Burgundy

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »
Quote from: "ShaneC"

I think this was over a LOOOOOOOONG time ago.

Also nobody, anywhere in this entire thread, said that Matchbox 20, Velvet Revolver or The Jonas Brothers sounded alike.

- Ron Burgundy

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
I dont know ShaneC.  WHen you say something that stupid youd have to expect the backlash, especially here.   And you earned it ;)

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »
It's just the nature of the music business today ... to further break it down for you, the 62K in sales accounts for both physical & digital album sales.  Of that 62K, only 43K was actual CD sales.
I got a picture of a photograph ...

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2010, 07:35:29 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
I dont know ShaneC.  WHen you say something that stupid youd have to expect the backlash, especially here.   And you earned it ;)

Exactly.

and to Shane: Ok? No one accused ANYONE of saying they sounded alike. Its just the mere grouping of them which completely voids anything else you said.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

Exactly.

and to Shane: Ok? No one accused ANYONE of saying they sounded alike. Its just the mere grouping of them which completely voids anything else you said.

This album in my opinion sounds like something of the bastard child between those 3 lame ass bands.

I also explained that this was my personal opinion, so that should take away any offence you may feel. I only said Jonas Brothers because it was the lamest band I could think of.

Trust me I really wanted to like this album. I was very excited about it. Now, I'm just sarcastic toward because i simply cannot believe it is the same band.

Don't take offence.

Just as a side note:

My favorite STP songs at the moment are: Pop's Love Suicide, Kitchen Ware & Candy Bars, Samba Nova, and Tumble in the rough. Plush is one of my least favorite.

- Ron Burgundy

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2010, 07:50:40 PM »
Saying you dont like the album is one thing, and you every right to say that or whatever you want.  But just becasue you dont like it there was no need for you to spew hate on the album itself or the band.

My fav STP tunes at the moment : Hickory Dicotomy, Fast As I Can, First Kiss on Mars, Take a Load Off

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2010, 07:52:05 PM »
Saying you dont like the album is one thing, and you every right to say that or whatever you want.  But just becasue you dont like it there was no need for you to spew hate on the album itself or the band.

My fav STP tunes at the moment : Hickory Dicotomy, Fast As I Can, First Kiss on Mars, Take a Load Off

When did I spew "HATE"? that's a pretty strong word.

- Ron Burgundy

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »
Quote from: "ShaneC"

When did I spew "HATE"? that's a pretty strong word.

I dont think he meant you used the actual word. I think he was using it more in the verb tense, as in "Hating on".

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »
This is getting silly.

I honestly think Shane started off just giving his opinion and then some people didn't like it or something and then people started insulting each other personally.  Come on guys you like it, you don't like it.  It is all a matter of opinion and everybody is entitled to one.  I love this place but nonsense like this is what makes good places bad.  But at the same time just hating on the album to hate on it is just as bad.

Personally, I love this album and I am grateful we were able to get an album from the guys.  Even if you hate the album doesn't mean there isn't someone that likes it more than the previous albums or vice-versa.

Ok so 62K the first week... I orginally said platinum status and I still think they will.  When they release the next single I think it will gain even more listeners and the album will get there, but it is going to take a little while.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
Canadian sales:

The merry month of June isn’t starting off so hot for those who continue to hope that sales of CDs will eventually go back to the levels of the Good Old Days.  Canadian sales drop 9% from last week (already known for its degree of suckage) and are 21% lower than they were this week last year.  Overall, sales are off 14% from 2009—and remember that Michael Jackson hadn’t rescued everything by dying.

The CD charts are all about Glee now, selling another 6,849 copies for a #1 finish (although note that this is the third-lowest total to ever vault an album to the top spot this year).  Those hoping that the Second Coming of the Stone Temple Pilots would be greeted with rapturous sales had their asses smote (is that a word) as only 5,985 Canadians bothered to buy what is, in fact, a very good record.

Beyond that, I got nothing:  Bieber, GaGa (x 2!) and Antebellum.

In America, it’s more Glee (62.947 copies; God, I HATE that show) followed by STP at 61,559 and the Biebster (50,319).

For kicks, let’s look at the very bottom of the Billboard Top 200 Album chart.  How many records would one have to sell in America (pop. c. 307,006,550) to make it onto that chart?  Two thousand, three hundred and forty-four.  In Canada, Hannah Montana scraped into the charted at #200 selling just 240 copies.  Sad, innit?

http://www.exploremusic.com/new-release ... les-Report
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

mmmm pork chops

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2010, 08:24:54 PM »
It took a year for number 4 to go platinum and that was 11 years ago when the industry wasn't so messed up.
I kinda think that i it doesn't go platinum it will be no bad thing, sorta like an undiscovered gem to the same extent Shangr la dee da was

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2010, 08:27:50 PM »
Quote from: "mmmm pork chops"
It took a year for number 4 to go platinum and that was 11 years ago when the industry wasn't so messed up.
I kinda think that i it doesn't go platinum it will be no bad thing, sorta like an undiscovered gem to the same extent Shangr la dee da was

True. I just really really really hope this album hits Gold. I would hate for it to be the only album not recognized by the RIAA.