September 17, 2024, 09:00:55 PM

Author Topic: New Album: Sales Predictions?  (Read 38971 times)

Silverman Supergun

• Thetan level 7
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: New Album: Sales Predictions?
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2010, 09:08:36 PM »
STP has made a great album for their fans.  Fuck sales.  Ozzy has a few million fans.  His album sold like 80,000 its first week.  Where are his fans?  And these are way older fans who still buy albums.  You sell singles, music to TV and movies, and tour.  Thats rock business in 2010.   

Rock is dead.  It's lost all rebelliousness and intrigue. Been dead for a long time really.  They repackaged punk/heavy metal in the 90's and called it grunge.  It worked for a while until the business of music had to spin off to alternative for more cash.  Give us shit like Elastica and the Lemonheads.   Then nu-metal helped speed up rocks death.  To top it off, heavy metal became complete shit.  Screaming with fat guys on guitar.  Dead.

It needs to die.  Be reborn again for another generation.  Cyclical.

You want more sales?  Have Cinnamon be the new theme song for some show on ABC this fall.  Preferably a show about hot teenagers who have big problems and like to bang.  Those seem like the shows the young people like.  Maybe give some of the teenagers super-natural powers too.  Hit.
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes cause I walked too softly.  But in my defense, he was a Macho Pendejo.

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2010, 09:26:23 PM »
STP has made a great album for their fans.  Fuck sales.  Ozzy has a few million fans.  His album sold like 80,000 its first week.  Where are his fans?  And these are way older fans who still buy albums.  You sell singles, music to TV and movies, and tour.  Thats rock business in 2010.   

Rock is dead.  It's lost all rebelliousness and intrigue. Been dead for a long time really.  They repackaged punk/heavy metal in the 90's and called it grunge.  It worked for a while until the business of music had to spin off to alternative for more cash.  Give us shit like Elastica and the Lemonheads.   Then nu-metal helped speed up rocks death.  To top it off, heavy metal became complete shit.  Screaming with fat guys on guitar.  Dead.

You want more sales?  Have Cinnamon be the new theme song for some show on ABC this fall.  Preferably a show about hot teenagers who have big problems and like to bang.  Those seem like the shows the young people like.  Maybe give some of the teenagers super-natural powers too.  Hit.

classic

EDIT:
just wanted to mention that I went to the beach last week, (Ocean City, MD), and the local radio station 98.1 IRIE played Cinnamon. My friend was driving and the volume was low, but my ears always perk up like a dog when I hear STP's name mentioned. Then I hear Cinnamon. Wasn't too surprised though because that radio station is independently owned and plays a ton of randoms.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:34:48 PM by shapy »
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2010, 10:19:44 PM »
Unfortunately, I think this album has run it's course. I like it more than I did a month ago, but really not by much. I like Samba Nova and Take a Load off, but I think the rest have already fallen by the wayside for me. I'm not sure of the reasons but this album just isn't sticking to me like Tiny Music, or Purple. YEAH YEAH I know: they change styles and all that.

I do believe they could market Cinnamon, very successfully, to the 13 year old teen girl crowd. I'm not sure they will take that route, though.

Check out the new Tom Petty Disc!!! I'm pretty impressed so far.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »

Wow.  You're absolutely right man.  Fuck sales.  I've been talking to people about this new record, and how I think
it's an okay album.  But no one wants to get off their ass to go out and buy it.  What you said about OZZY is soooo
relevant.  STP made a good record, and their are people on this forum who are enjoying it.

That's pretty much it folks.

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2010, 02:06:50 AM »
I put this album just behind Tiny Music, and Purple.   STP is real good disc.  I cant comprehend ShaneC only liking 2 songs, one of them being Somba Nova, but hey everyone is entitled to be wrong ;)

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2010, 02:54:08 AM »
I don't listen to much of this album already =( Mostly just Maver, Hickory D and Dare if You Dare. I'm not saying it's a bad album but it definitely doesnt have as much staying power as their others. I rank it just above No. 4 and below the other four albums. I still think it deserves more in sales than it got though. Oh well.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2010, 03:01:55 PM »
Check out the new Tom Petty Disc!!! I'm pretty impressed so far.

Hell yeah dude! The new Petty album ROCKS. It's my album of the year so far.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2010, 07:44:15 PM »

This week's SoundScan has the album listed at #136, falling from #84 ... total sales are 108K, with 25% of those being digital album sales ...
I got a picture of a photograph ...

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2010, 05:03:38 AM »
I could care less if people like the album other than me. Most people nowadays are sheep when it comes to music. As far as I am concerned, I love this album and it's a shame this band is always doomed with horrible marketing.

The way I judge how I love an album is if I am able to listen through it entirely without skipping a single track on a consistent basis.