September 19, 2024, 07:31:59 PM

Author Topic: 2010-05-18 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre  (Read 35102 times)

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-05-18 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2010, 06:24:28 PM »
Dude I can't believe I missed that umbrella fight that must have been a riot. As far as the "vip" types getting in early it was all bullshit the people at the venue knew it as they saw Toys and I wait from one o'clock on as well as other from like 3 o'clock on, only to have these shmucks who apparently just need an excuse to booze and shoot up in nyc for the night. However the venue workers really did a bang up job considering the madness involved with the show. I know I and probaly like at least dozen people behind me were flipping out stopping just short of demanding to get right the F in. I also couldn't agree more that this was far and away the best STP has sounded since they got back together. By the way Holly and me were so pumped to see you got to make it Peebs! Same goes for the rest of the die hards who lucky out against the system and the odds.

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2010, 06:24:46 PM »
Quote from: "cotis"
Stone Temple Pilots - "Tumble in the Rough"
May 18, 2010
Gramercy Theatre
New York City, NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-oERuNYMrU

Might still be a little bit for it to process...

I got "This video is private"
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
nice setlist, but no songs from SLDD?  I guess with six albums now and with only playing around 17 songs a night some of the more 'unknown' songs will have to be cut.
On the "draft" set list I saw, hollywood bitch was originally on there.
Bagman wasn't.
So there was your "switch".
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2010, 06:25:28 PM »
Quote from: "cgg"
May 18, 2010
Gramercy Theatre
New York City, NY

I got "This video is private"

Whoops, try again!

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2010, 06:26:59 PM »
Quote from: "rockdude_unglued519"
. By the way Holly and me were so pumped to see you got to make it Peebs! Same goes for the rest of the die hards who lucky out against the system and the odds.
you saw me??  :o
I tried looking for Holly because I knew you guys were coming down early. And it's hard to miss Holly's mad-curly hair!! lol   ;)

I was telling Casper she was the "shy girl" from the VR NYE in NJ!! She ain't the quiet shy girl anymore!!!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »
May 18, 2010
Gramercy Theatre
New York City, NY

Scott leaning over Dean's shoulder and watching him solo= classic

Looks like this was the concert of the century, congradulation to all who went! I'm glad those who didn't will be able to see a song or to on Kimmel next week!

Hopefully they will keep this up for the rest of the tour and make this one for the ages.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2010, 06:33:11 PM »
No we didn't see you. We found out you made it there I believe this morning but we were so glad to hear it. As a matter of fact believe it or not we were looking for an extra ticket on friday half for one of our friends from home but half for you at the same time because we felt your pain and would have been so upset if we didn't luck into the tickets on friday. lol and I know I kinda think we bring out a controlled crazy in each other lol or maybe it's the magic of STP? ;)

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »
I'm heading out for a bit, but have the rest of my videos uploading, my YouTube name is congeroid89

They are all uploading, slowly but surely..
--Rob--

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
Quote from: "rockdude_unglued519"
No we didn't see you. We found out you made it there I believe this morning but we were so glad to hear it. As a matter of fact believe it or not we were looking for an extra ticket on friday half for one of our friends from home but half for you at the same time because we felt your pain and would have been so upset if we didn't luck into the tickets on friday. lol and I know I kinda think we bring out a controlled crazy in each other lol or maybe it's the magic of STP? ;)
awww too sweet! Thank you!!  :-*

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2010, 07:02:31 PM »
Quote from: "silvergun superman"
main issue i had with the crowd, other than the amount of people that you could tell had no business being there, was this little f*cker (who was clearly hammered/stoned out of his mind), who once the show started decided to start pushing through, bouncing off people trying to get near the front..he came pushing through people who were much bigger than him and ended up getting bounced off into this girl who he ended up headbutting in the side of her face, and then ended up in front of me...during the whole show his digital and cell stayed up in the air taking picture after picture after picture...i'm not gonna lie, in the past, i have been a picture fiend at shows, but it's really not neccessary to be snapping pics during entire songs for the entire show...

other than that the band was totally on point and put on a hell of a show.

Silvergun, You must have been standing right behind me... I was wearing a black backwards STP hat and I was with the girl who got headbutted. She was not happy to say the least.

silvergun superman

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
Quote from: "DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke"
Quote from: "silvergun superman"
main issue i had with the crowd, other than the amount of people that you could tell had no business being there, was this little f*cker (who was clearly hammered/stoned out of his mind), who once the show started decided to start pushing through, bouncing off people trying to get near the front..he came pushing through people who were much bigger than him and ended up getting bounced off into this girl who he ended up headbutting in the side of her face, and then ended up in front of me...during the whole show his digital and cell stayed up in the air taking picture after picture after picture...i'm not gonna lie, in the past, i have been a picture fiend at shows, but it's really not neccessary to be snapping pics during entire songs for the entire show...

other than that the band was totally on point and put on a hell of a show.

Silvergun, You must have been standing right behind me... I was wearing a black backwards STP hat and I was with the girl who got headbutted. She was not happy to say the least.

yea man was right behind you, had on the grey CBGB tee...was waiting for you to go at him bc i was gonna follow...haha...you got a nice shot in on him tho towards the end, sent him flying backwards....kid was a little piece of sh*t
May 18, 2008 @ Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ - May 26, 2008 @ Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT - July 17, 2009 @ Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT - May 18, 2010 @ Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY - September 4, 2010 @ Jones Beach, Wantagh, NY - September 5, 2010 @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2010, 07:30:33 PM »
Check downloads audio section. I just upped the mp3 whole thanks to live2cd.

hawk.

chloesdad

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »
Ahh, not enough posts to get to the downloads.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2010, 07:36:22 PM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
Check downloads audio section. I just upped the mp3 whole thanks to live2cd.

hawk.

Oh my God...I love you right now. Platonically of course.  ;)

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »
Great sounding recording! I LOVE the thing some fan says... "Man,that makes me want to start smoking again. It's been 4 months"...then Big Empty Starts... "Oh my God... it's OUR SONG".  :D