September 20, 2024, 02:19:57 AM

Author Topic: 2010-05-18 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre  (Read 35114 times)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-05-18 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2010, 11:58:16 PM »
adhesive love

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2010, 01:31:01 AM »
Thanks man!!!! Way to be,
hawk.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2010, 07:50:01 PM »
Quote from: "Casper"
Here's my Tumble version to share.

http://www.transferbigfiles.com/7fe5f8e ... KGiw%3d%3d

Excellent! Thanks for sharing. I'm very interested to know what specific camera you used to record that video cause both audio and video are as good as it gets for fan filmed footage.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
From Doug Grean's Twitter page:

DougGrean: At the studio in NYC mixing stp concert. They just told me the roots booked the studio next door for their record release party tonight! Woo

Could this mean an official release is coming?

Hope so. Meantime, The Roots & STP in the same sentence has good vibes written all over it.   ;D

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2010, 11:59:34 PM »
No problem. I saw the setlist before the show so I noted when it was coming up to tape it. I was planning on just watching the show and taking it in, but when I saw that setlist, I knew I had to tape it.

Also of note with the setlist I saw, I noticed that Down and Hollywood Bitch were on there. They were swapped out for HC and Bagman.

Quote from: "Rik"
Excellent! Thanks for sharing. I'm very interested to know what specific camera you used to record that video cause both audio and video are as good as it gets for fan filmed footage.

I used the HD FlipVideo (120 mins). Thing is great. Battery can suck at times, but the video is amazing. Sometimes, depending on the show, the audio can be iffy because of the bass. This taping came out well, but other times, I've had some issues. I'm looking into a way to improve the audio for those instances.
adhesive love

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2010, 12:55:59 AM »
Quote from: "DeadAndNotForSale"
Quote from: "Shangri"
Rob or someone, what's happening there?  :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/50367718@N04/4622116982/

Please tell me he just jumped off the stage and that's it.

He just jumped into the crowd after the performance, then awkwardly tried to get back on stage
--Rob--

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »
Wish they would play some more new songs and some more from Tiny Music.  A lot of the new ones sound like they would transfer well live.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »
Tumble in the rough was a nice surprise!
And you really can't play too many new songs off a CD that hasn't been released yet. You lose the audience. The fact they played 4 new songs was a lot.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2010, 04:15:06 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
And you really can't play too many new songs off a CD that hasn't been released yet. You lose the audience. The fact they played 4 new songs was a lot.

I agree... I guess I just wish they would change up what new songs they play.  Stick with four new songs per set, but throw in Hazy Daze, Fast as I Can, or Take a Load Off (or really any other new song) for a change of pace.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2010, 04:16:41 PM »
Quote from: "Garrett"

I agree... I guess I just wish they would change up what new songs they play.  Stick with four new songs per set, but throw in Hazy Daze, Fast as I Can, or Take a Load Off (or really any other new song) for a change of pace.

I was really hoping that they'd play "Dare If You Dare". And after hearing Tumble, I wanted to hear more from Tiny Music. But I can't complain, I'm happy with what I got.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2010, 04:22:43 PM »
I'm sure they will!
After Tuesday!!  :P

but seeing the reaction of the crowd this past Tuesday to the new songs they were digging them but got lost not having a "handle" on them and it was "get drinks" or "run to the bathroom" time.
and you have to believe this was a room of real fans, not the "oh STP is playing Jones Beach? Remember them? let's get $20 tix, I like that song Plush" fans.

I personally was taking them in on Tuesday night. I had not listened to any leaks. I originally wanted to hear the CD in it's entirety when it was in my hot lil hands. I'm a old skool purist. lol Well after Tuesday night and having RXP streaming the new songs I caved....
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2010, 04:31:03 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
Quote from: "Garrett"

I was really hoping that they'd play "Dare If You Dare". And after hearing Tumble, I wanted to hear more from Tiny Music. But I can't complain, I'm happy with what I got.

That would be awesome, but I think that one might be a bit more difficult to pull off live w/o keys.  

Actually, listening to it again now though... maybe it could work after all.

Silvergun

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2010, 11:13:25 AM »
Quote from: "Casper"
Here's my Tumble version to share.

http://www.transferbigfiles.com/7fe5f8e ... KGiw%3d%3d

Thanks!

Lovefist

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2010, 03:12:59 AM »
Show was filmed for AT&T Uverse exclusive....

http://http://uverseonline.att.net/stonetemplepilots

Currently On Demand (in 5.1 surround) for those that have Uverse.
"Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know."

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 31, 2010, 02:40:00 AM »
Check my latest an greatest pro audio in the dl section in the audio dept.............total pro audio Gramercy soundtrack.
  Hawk.