September 19, 2024, 11:58:49 PM

Author Topic: 2010-05-18 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre  (Read 35112 times)

silvergun superman

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-05-18 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2010, 02:33:45 PM »
some shots i got with the cell...kinda pissed didn't bring the digital

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 384d646d8f
May 18, 2008 @ Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ - May 26, 2008 @ Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT - July 17, 2009 @ Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT - May 18, 2010 @ Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY - September 4, 2010 @ Jones Beach, Wantagh, NY - September 5, 2010 @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »
just got off the bus from new york and back in boston now getting ready to take a bio final  :-  but the show was amazing! it was only my third time seeing STP (11th time seeing scott) but it was definitly the best. i got in line a 1 PM and i was absolutely pissed when i saw all the guest list people geting in before me. from talking to the security guards they said that the compacity was going to be 625 and that only 300 tickets were made available to non-guestlist people. but me and my boyfriend were lucky enough to squeeze right in up front once we got in. the set was awesome, i was so pumped when they played tumble in the rough, was not expecting that at all. and of course scott did the joke about the next song being a new one then they broke into plush  :D  haha. the new songs sounded amazing expecially hickory. during trippin dean was going absolutely nuts it was great. got a coulpe of setlists and picks at the end. waited outisde after and met eric, rob, and dean, they were so fucking nice it was a great way to end the night. i have a ton of pictures ill upload once i finish my final and get back home.
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

chloesdad

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2010, 03:21:30 PM »
Toys - were you on Deans side up front?

Great show.  Scott sounded really good and the band was great as usual.  Great hearing Tumble in the Rough again!

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »
i was right between scott and robert, i had the pink and purple hair and the banner

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2010, 03:23:17 PM »
I of course completly echo what toys was saying the show was incredible and it was totally worth waiting outside like eight hours to get in. The band chemistry right now is really something cool to see, even if you just look at their progression from 2008 when they were refamiliarizing themsemlves with eachother and the material so to speak, to now. The pics from toys will be amazing and I would definitly check out kimmel and cross my fingers for a dvd of the show. Oh and meeting Eric was cool he seems just so chill and mellow( of course it's Eric!) And as you all know Rob and Dean are two of the fucking niceest people you could meet anywhere! I was shoked to see Dean remembered meeting my girl and I at a prior show and Robert remembered us for our "trademark banners"  Either way I'm so glad for all of us that were able to luck out and squezze into this once in a lifetime show

drainu182

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2010, 03:29:29 PM »
Hey, if anyone would be willing to write up a full review and let me use your photos on my site, lemme know. I'll fully credit you and send you some CDs or maybe a STP lithograph

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2010, 03:57:20 PM »
The band was amazing.  Scott continues to look great and healthy.  There really seemed to be that special vibe throughout, knowing that this was a big deal.  Tumble was AMAZING!!!!  I just knew it was comin, can't believe it.

HOWEVER, aspects of the crowd unfortunately soured some of the show for my girlfriend and I:

SHAME ON ATLANTIC RECORDS.  From the moment we got there, it seemed like the show was not presented as a special show for the fans, but moreso a party for Atlantic Records.  With their own waiting line to shortcut their way in (not that big of a deal, I know it happens) and then see atleast two hundred suits standing around drinking Merlot out of dixie cups already in the theatre while I was maybe the 30th person on line outside.

Then, when the place seemed packed in.  I'd say a good half the crowd just didn't look like they belonged, and when the band came on, seeing all of their disturbed and confused faces re: fans getting excited and screaming, like they didn't know people would be excited, like we were ruining their party.  Why do I feel like if it was a Pearl Jam show, it would've been 550 fans and 50 suits, as opposed to 300 fans, 300 suits?

And finally, the clincher.  We had one of these guys with his oh-so-posh girlfriend standing next to us while we were waiting to start, just dropping comments about his job @ Atlantic.  This guy was easily mid-to-late 40s, definitely trying to hold onto some form of his younger days.  Anyway, once Sour Girl starts he takes out his bowl and begins to smokeup through the entire song with his girlfrind and coworkers (I know it happens, but c'mon, almost a constant drag through a 4 minute song?).  Then, the same thing goes down during Creep, but this time near the end of the song, someone in his entourage takes out a needle & syringe and they start giggling like a bunch of schoolgirls.  Needless to say, we spent the rest of the show listening from the back of the auditorium.  Now I'm not naive to the point where I  don't think drugs and stuff go down during shows (I've been to many shows), but to have it be right on top of you, by people who made it clear they had no business being there with the mindset that STP is totally the place where they should shoot up?
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »
I feel like death today but that show was epic!  Nice to meet Casper, Dr. Gonzo and robschmidt
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:09:03 PM by Stpilots98 »

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »
Would love to see a clip of Tumble in the rough
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »
Quote from: "Rogienatural34"

Uploading one right now...

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2010, 04:27:27 PM »
Quote from: "cotis"
Quote from: "Rogienatural34"

Uploading one right now...

Awesome!!!!
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2010, 04:28:14 PM »
thats crazy shit crittertypething! i know i smelt pot, definitly during lounge fly, but to be shooting up right there in the open. thats fucked up, at least go to the damn bathroom.

i hated all those people. i waited outside all day and then to see all these people just walking right in, it made me furious. us people in the line are the true fans (the people they make their money off of) and we get completely shafted. the whole situation with letting people in was pure chaos. the people working their felt so bad for us people in the line, they were trying to do their best to get us in, but they were told everyone on the guest list gets in first.

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2010, 04:51:22 PM »
Quote from: "toysintheattic"
thats crazy shit crittertypething! i know i smelt pot, definitly during lounge fly, but to be shooting up right there in the open. thats fucked up, at least go to the damn bathroom.

i hated all those people. i waited outside all day and then to see all these people just walking right in, it made me furious. us people in the line are the true fans (the people they make their money off of) and we get completely shafted. the whole situation with letting people in was pure chaos. the people working their felt so bad for us people in the line, they were trying to do their best to get us in, but they were told everyone on the guest list gets in first.

I talked to the guy checking bags and patting down and I said "Hey man what's up with this shit?" and he just shook his head and said "Sorry man". It is a shame though after being out in the cold and rain and shit, hell we even had two scalpers fighting with umbrellas by us. Pretty funny to watch actually, sad at the same time. By us early in the line, I guess some scalper sold a guy (what seemed to be) fake tickets which is unfathomable. One guy tried to get the guy to walk in with him, proving they were real but the scalper booked it outta there.

drainu182

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2010, 04:52:53 PM »
Hey, thanks Erick Miller and Andrew Schwartz for letting me use your photos in a post about the show last night. I also uploaded the show onto Megaupload. It's all here: http://http://theaudioperv.com/2010/05/19/stone-temple-pilots-518-gramercy-theatre-nyc-picsvideos-and-audio-download/

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2010, 04:57:10 PM »
Quote from: "toysintheattic"

Yeah it was pretty damn rude.  Not to mention not exactly the safest thing in the world.  What happens if some drunk dude starts pushing through the crowd?  Regardless of what's inside, someone's gettin stabbed.

I was also just plain offended at the thought that this guy's nerve of thinkin it was cool to do or okay to do because it was STP.  I don't think that's the band's persona nor have I ever gotten the impression that they create an atmosphere that even welcomes that stuff.  Scott's history off the stage, has little to do with what's happening on the stage in this moment.  I dunno, maybe the guys an addict or whatever but he wasn't even tryin to be secretive.  It was a very "look at me guys" kinda attitude to it all.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18