September 20, 2024, 07:45:24 AM

Author Topic: Maver  (Read 22243 times)

blueviper

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: Maver
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »
Great song.  Awesome road tripping song (just this past weekend!).  Impressed with the lyrics as well.

They sure have come a long way from the "Core" days.  :D

Probably will go into my top 10 STP songs of all time.

Plus, "First Kiss On Mars" and "Maver" makes for a great one-two combination.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: I think we may have heard part of Maver
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2010, 05:09:33 AM »
This is ringing in my head. Turnstile is the "spinning door", right?
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2010, 05:53:16 AM »

According to Wikipedia:

"A turnstile, also called a baffle gate, is a form of gate which allows one person to pass at a time. It can also be made so as to enforce one-way traffic of people, and in addition, it can restrict passage only to people who insert a coin, a ticket, a pass, or similar. Thus a turnstile can be used in the case of paid access (sometimes called a faregate when used for this purpose), for example public transport as a ticket barrier or a pay toilet, or to restrict access to authorized people, for example in the lobby of an office building."

Not sure why she keeps her memories on one of those. Well I know it's because she's superstitious, but that doesn't explain WHY.
Bleeda blooda

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2010, 08:44:28 PM »

According to Wikipedia:

"A turnstile, also called a baffle gate, is a form of gate which allows one person to pass at a time. It can also be made so as to enforce one-way traffic of people, and in addition, it can restrict passage only to people who insert a coin, a ticket, a pass, or similar. Thus a turnstile can be used in the case of paid access (sometimes called a faregate when used for this purpose), for example public transport as a ticket barrier or a pay toilet, or to restrict access to authorized people, for example in the lobby of an office building."

Not sure why she keeps her memories on one of those. Well I know it's because she's superstitious, but that doesn't explain WHY.

Well, I was pretty close ha! I looked it up on a dictionary but I was getting mixed ideas. My hope was to find here an answer related to "superstition". We're all in the same boat then. I can get the metaphor about memories in a turnstile (maybe) but don't get the connection with she being superstitious
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Silverman Supergun

• Thetan level 7
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes cause I walked too softly.  But in my defense, he was a Macho Pendejo.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Maver live please
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
i love this new album and i wanna hear maver live what do you guys think? you think they will ever play it? its gotta be one of my top favs off the record, sorry if this topic is already around somewhere.

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Maver live please
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2010, 04:01:28 AM »
If they do, it won't be for awhile. It always seemed like torture to get STP to play Still Remains live. Couldn't imagine how much time it would take for Maver then.

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2010, 04:05:32 AM »
Id love to hear every single song of the new album... i love em all :D...
i cant even decide wich song is my favorite hahaha
Seems like you left me when you broke down

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2010, 04:58:36 AM »
If they do, it won't be for awhile. It always seemed like torture to get STP to play Still Remains live. Couldn't imagine how much time it would take for Maver then.

Actually, when the Purple record came out, "Still Remains" was played live regularly. As for "Maver", I'd love to hear it live. It's definitely one of Weiland's best vocal performances on the record and I'm curious to hear how it would sound live.

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2010, 01:33:35 AM »
i agree stp92 maver is my favorite vocal performance on the record from scott. and yes i love all the new songs on the album, actually call me crazy but i love the new album way more than core it just has so many sides to it. i think its funny to how Dean says playin new songs is the worse nightmare to the fans cause for me id actually rather hear all the new ones more than the old ones live. anyone else feel the same?

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2010, 02:15:26 AM »
Maver is my favorite song on the album- Scott's best vocal effort IMO. I want it to be played more than anything, but I am doubtful because 1) the setlist has been stagnant and 2) in the song I hear a mix of acoustic and electric guitars- it would be hard for them to recreate that sound, and I'm skeptical that they would try to re-create it at this point on the tour.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Even though I know what to expect song wise at an STP show, you always feel that you're at the special show when some crazy shit will get busted out.
--Rob--

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2010, 05:40:29 AM »
I meant they cooled off on Still Remains.  I know it was played a lot during the Purple years. After that they hardly busted it out.

stewdog1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
I would love it if STP did a tour similar to what the Foo Fighters did with their Skin and Bones tour.  Bring in a piano player, a violin, another instrument or two, and you got yourself an awesome concert.

Similar to the StoryTellers performance, but take it on tour.  This is where you can break out Maver and First Kiss on Mars, along with Atlanta et al.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »
I would love it if STP did a tour similar to what the Foo Fighters did with their Skin and Bones tour.  Bring in a piano player, a violin, another instrument or two, and you got yourself an awesome concert.

Similar to the StoryTellers performance, but take it on tour.  This is where you can break out Maver and First Kiss on Mars, along with Atlanta et al.

I really like that idea. Kitchenware, Atlanta, Maver, and Adhesive would all be possible. I've only seen STP live once, so there's so much more to see. Kitchenware & Candybars is on my most wanted list.

roomonfire125@aim.com

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2010, 10:14:08 AM »
Maver would be wonderful live.. But i agree itd be awhile.. The songs they have in rotation off the new album live right now they seem pretty comfy with.. They dropped Bagman for Cinnamon which is a good move, in my opinion.. But Maver's possible.. More possible than First Kiss on Mars or Peacoat, yknow? Maybe sometime next year.. On the Still Remains topic though, I got to see them play it in Detroit two nights ago.. Scotts back on top with his range. They're having fun.. Theyll start digging deeper and deeper into the repotoire if they keep at the pace they're going.