September 28, 2024, 11:08:23 PM

Author Topic: Cinnamon  (Read 61783 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Official Cinnamon Love/Hate Poll
« Reply #360 on: August 28, 2010, 09:46:06 AM »
Its a nice sunshiney 60s style pop song. Think back to Art School Girl and Days of the Week.. Its gonna be the most psych sounding single since Days.. I love it. One of the highlights of the new record.

Now the question remains, would you rather date the Art School Girl or the one from Cinnamon?
Bleeda blooda

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »
Its a nice sunshiney 60s style pop song. Think back to Art School Girl and Days of the Week.. Its gonna be the most psych sounding single since Days.. I love it. One of the highlights of the new record.

Now the question remains, would you rather date the Art School Girl or the one from Cinnamon?

Hmm, the Art School Girl wears all leather, but the girl from Cinnamon is the prettiest girl in the whole world. I'll go with Cinnamon girl!

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2010, 06:01:52 AM »
I like parts of it, but can't stand the generic-ness of "yeahhh come on come on" and "hear me can you hear me" repeated over and over. I feel like those lines have been used in a similar way in tons of songs. that part of the song I find lacking.

roomonfire125@aim.com

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 30, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »

"Now the question remains, would you rather date the Art School Girl or the one from Cinnamon?"

Most definitely the girl from Cinnamon.. I think its about Mary, when they split up.. He still misses her and he knows it. Art School Girl was just a raunchy hippie.. Forget all that.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:55:02 PM by roomonfire125@aim.com »

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 31, 2010, 12:30:44 AM »
How about dating Sour Girl or Lady Picture Show?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 31, 2010, 12:53:59 AM »

I always figured Art School Girl was about a series of short, failed relationships. Cinnamon is about that feeling of absolute joy when you truly fall in love (though it the relationship does finally end.) So I'd go with Cinnamon.

Off Topic: roomonfire125. Ummm... What's up with you using my avatar? lol
Grab the hate and drown it out...

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 31, 2010, 02:18:59 AM »
How about dating Sour Girl or Lady Picture Show?

When I think of "Sour Girl", I think of the beautiful Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Easily "Sour Girl".

roomonfire125@aim.com

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2010, 04:11:32 AM »

I always figured Art School Girl was about a series of short, failed relationships. Cinnamon is about that feeling of absolute joy when you truly fall in love (though it the relationship does finally end.) So I'd go with Cinnamon.

thats a really good way to look at those songs... makes sense to not be directly about one lady.
well.. about that avatar. hahaha.. idk, i like the atlantic symbol on the vinyl if thats a good enough excuse.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »

thats a really good way to look at those songs... makes sense to not be directly about one lady.
well.. about that avatar. hahaha.. idk, i like the atlantic symbol on the vinyl if thats a good enough excuse.

Yeah. I always though of the girlfriend who goes to art school and the girl who goes to parties as different characters. I don't know if that's weird or what.

And I don't know if this happens to anyone else or if it's just me, but I always think of my old high school sweetheart when I hear Cinnamon. I know it's really cheesy... But it reminds me of her of every time. Maybe that's why I would rather date Cinnamon's girl, because she represents the only girl I've been in love with this far in my life?

And yeah. I just hadn't realized that when you upload an Avi in the new forum it becomes available to everyone. So it was a little jarring seeing and avatar I uploaded on a post I didn't write lol
Grab the hate and drown it out...

roomonfire125@aim.com

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »

Yeah. I always though of the girlfriend who goes to art school and the girl who goes to parties as different characters. I don't know if that's weird or what.

And I don't know if this happens to anyone else or if it's just me, but I always think of my old high school sweetheart when I hear Cinnamon. I know it's really cheesy... But it reminds me of her of every time. Maybe that's why I would rather date Cinnamon's girl, because she represents the only girl I've been in love with this far in my life?

And yeah. I just hadn't realized that when you upload an Avi in the new forum it becomes available to everyone. So it was a little jarring seeing and avatar I uploaded on a post I didn't write lol

Yeah, I hear that. Youre not sailing the seas of cheese on that one man. Thats the best way to look at that song.. Ive never gotten that feeling from it.. Everything from the jangled guitars to his high pitched wonderful way of innocent, in-love spin on it, the uptempo.. All of it. Now I can hear that and remember my ole schoolday sweetthang. haha

And about the Art School Girl, yes. Just the cliche gypsy hippie woman who does nothing but throw her mind away getting all fucked up and careless at Warhol style parties.

But yeah, hahahh. I can see how that would be confusing. But I uploaded my own finally,, i kinda wanted a more band oriented one anyway. The flower schpeal and whatnot..
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:06:19 PM by roomonfire125@aim.com »

markwayne143

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon
« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2010, 05:18:19 PM »
Saw them perform it live last Friday and it was great to see the entire crowd belt out the tune along w/ the vintage singalongs... although the latest album has several bad-ass tunes, Cinnamon will become the pop-sensation most music snobs are dreading it will be... freaking love these guys! they'll forever be my all-time faves...

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2010, 05:51:23 PM »
                            As far as Cinnamon goes, I think it all depends on the type of music you like. If you're a hardcore rock/metal fan then I'm sure you're going to despise the song. But if you tolerate all types of music or keep an open mind then you're good. I like rock music but I also like my Lady Gaga's/Kate Perry's/dance music. So I love Cinnamon and all its poppyness! lol One of my fav songs on the album by far!

8)

blackagain

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »
I agree with the above comment. If you really LOVE hard Metal then this song is not your cup of tea. However, I happen to LOVE the Beatles & "power pop" masters "The Raspberries" & "Badfinger", so this song is right up my alley. Great song!!!

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2010, 09:31:55 PM »
Is this single officially dead? I have heard nothing about it debuting on any chart. This may be the worst STP single in terms of success in their history. How many of their singles didn't chart at all? I think none.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 25, 2010, 09:35:08 PM »
Is this single officially dead? I have heard nothing about it debuting on any chart. This may be the worst STP single in terms of success in their history. How many of their singles didn't chart at all? I think none.

Nah, it charted. It hasn't really had any promotion so I'd give it another few weeks before declaring it dead.
Bleeda blooda