September 27, 2024, 06:28:39 PM

Author Topic: Cinnamon  (Read 61659 times)

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2010, 11:17:41 PM »
Quote from: "ShaneC"
My comment wasn't ignorant. It's a personal opinion, so it shouldn't offend you.

I've been an STP fan since I bought Core on the day it was released. I know what I like about the band.

Huckleberry Crumbe is Aerosmith's Same Ol' Song and Dance, Bagman is the Batman theme song, Cinnamon is a song that belongs on Dawson's creek or some other puupp-love teen show. Take a load of and Hasy Daze are the best songs on the album.

This album is mediocre, that's all I'm saying. Every band has one or 2 albums like this. I still love them live, but this album is absolutely not for me.

Shane, I respect that...

Questions for you

Did you like...

AoA?

Libertad?

Contraband?

Happy in goloshes?

12 bar blues?

Talk show?

Also, what is this your least favorite stp album?

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
I always skip this track, was never a fan of this one in particular (my opinion is that if it were up to me, I would've cut this one out). But, I don't mind the rest of the record! It's good to hear new STP again...
-Bill_

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2010, 11:36:49 PM »
My fave STP albums are Purple>Core>Tiny Music> SLDD=N0.4

I bought the AOA album since it was the clsest thing to STP at the time. but I didn't really dig Richard Patrick's vocals all that much, and I'm not all that big on Ray Luzier as a drummer. However there are still some good tracks.

I like 12 Bar Blues, my fave songs from that being Desperation #5, and About Nothing, and Mockingbird Girl (I also like the Magnificent Bastards' version). I havent listened to happy in Galoshes all the way through, I like a song called The Man I didn't know by him as well.

I liked Contraband's Suckertrain Blues, and Slither. On, Libertad I didn't really find anything lasting. I like Hello Hello from Talkshow, but havent heard much else.

None of this shows a reason for me not digging this new STP album. It's just a personal preference, not an argument.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Brad

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »
Quote from: "ShaneC"
My comment wasn't ignorant. It's a personal opinion, so it shouldn't offend you.

I've been an STP fan since I bought Core on the day it was released. I know what I like about the band.

Huckleberry Crumbe is Aerosmith's Same Ol' Song and Dance, Bagman is the Batman theme song, Cinnamon is a song that belongs on Dawson's creek or some other puupp-love teen show. Take a load of and Hasy Daze are the best songs on the album.

This album is mediocre, that's all I'm saying. Every band has one or 2 albums like this. I still love them live, but this album is absolutely not for me.

You are not alone my friend. Reading through the comments about the new album I wonder if i am listening to a different record than everyone else is listening to. Mediocre vocals and music at best. These are our personal opinions and we should be allowed to say we don't like the music just as much as someone that does.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2010, 12:31:04 AM »
I am apart of the group who isn't feeling it at all. Too Poppy for my liking.

The difference between this and sour girl is that sour girl has an atmospheric vibe that makes you feel like you are dreaming.

Those feelings are nowhere to be found on this tune.

If you like it, good on ya. But I am no fan.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2010, 01:05:53 AM »
Not digging this song at allll and I love " Happy". I'm on my 4th listen and now I'm finding myself skipping some tunes...I think now this has to be my least favorite album along with Core only cuz I can pick a few songs I dig. Hearing this album makes me appreciate Libertad a lot more.
If you only knew..

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2010, 01:29:20 AM »
After listening to  this awesome song, what else can't the band do?  Rap next  :P

belacs

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2010, 01:48:30 AM »
How bout more songs like "Don't drop that dime"

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2010, 01:50:30 AM »
Or more songs like Fall to Pieces
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2010, 01:54:46 AM »
Quote from: "belacs"
How bout more songs like "Don't drop that dime"

Good song

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2010, 02:39:20 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"

The difference between this and sour girl is that sour girl has an atmospheric vibe that makes you feel like you are dreaming.

Boy am I glad to hear you guys having the same opinion as myself.  SLDD was enough pop rock I believe.  I thought it would sort of end there, but really?  The lead line in this song reminds me of somesort of Miley Cyrus ditty...and I hate to be saying that but it's true...what happened to be unique instead of following trends(I forgive Core because of the grunge movement)and I'm getting very affraid that we will never see the unique balls to the wall STP w'eve been wanting.  In Rob and Dean's view how do you go from the AoA record to this?  Scott that's why...I can't explain but there's some underlying pop thing he always wants to do if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:42:21 AM by RangerJim »
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2010, 02:39:21 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"

Boy am I glad to hear you guys having the same opinion as myself.  SLDD was enough pop rock I believe.  I thought it would sort of end there, but really?  The lead line in this song reminds me of somesort of Miley Cyrus ditty...and I hate to be saying that but it's true...what happened to be unique?  Every album has been unique up until here...and I'm getting very affraid that we will never see the unique balls to the wall STP w'eve been wanting.  In Rob and Dean's view how do you go from the AoA record to this?  Scott that's why...I can't explain but there's some underlying pop thing he always wants to do if you know what I mean.

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2010, 02:41:05 AM »
Sorry for the double post.

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2010, 03:26:20 AM »
I can't get into this song either.  Sounds like a Scott solo song if anything.  I can't really seeing this being a radio hit either....I wonder what STP was going for in this song.  Besides Cinnamon, I am loving the album..has a classic STP feel.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2010, 03:41:06 AM »
I just think this is a weak, weak effort. Generic, poppy, and lame. Maybe worse than MC5. Not a fan of this one. Worst song on the album for me. By far.