September 29, 2024, 01:23:04 AM

Author Topic: Cinnamon  (Read 61793 times)

happygirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Official Cinnamon Love/Hate Poll
« Reply #330 on: June 05, 2010, 08:01:53 PM »
I love it!

It's a dreamy love song.   :)
So one and one and one make three
                                  And it changed

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 05, 2010, 08:15:14 PM »
To the people who are calling others ignorant for not liking this song, or saying that we must be waiting for another Core album, that is BS and really lame.  I'm not a fan of Cinnamon, and I think it basically sounds like bubblegum pop.  But I'm not ignorant, I'm not deaf, and I'm not waiting for another Core.  It is unbelievable that someone could be called ignorant (or whatever else) for not liking a song... especially THIS song.  I mean, it's not like we're talking about a nearly universally popular song like Interstate Love Song.

I'll admit that Cinnamon is somewhat catchy.  But lots of bubblegum pop songs are catchy.  And for the record, I don't really "hate" it, but it's definitely my least favorite on the album.

Hey man. My post wasn't about disliking the song. My post was about people trying to justify their distaste for the song by comparing it to completely disimilar music for no better purpose than to insult and put down those who actually like the song.

Like I said in my post, I have no problems if you dislike the song. But insulting those of us who do like it with a completely biased and infactual statement that is basically the worst insult a music fan can get, that's just being rude and ignorant.

And I agree with you. The song is bubblegum pop. It's well written, but bubblegum pop. I can see why that would turn people off. But, if people dislike it for it's tone, then they should just come out and say it. There's no need to be rude about it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:18:26 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 05, 2010, 09:59:10 PM »
I'd also like to mention in regards to the "waiting for another Core" statement; that was a lighthearted response to the person who said people who like Cinnamon are Taylor Swift fans. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

brazilianSTPfan

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 05, 2010, 10:23:44 PM »
The people who hate the song must be the ones waiting for another Core record

No, I´m not waiting for that. For your consideration, my favorite album is TIny Music, and my favorite STP songs are NOT "sex type thing", "plush" or "down". I really appreciate their softer and weirder side, you know? like Adhesive, And so I know, Ride the Cliche, Pruno, Daisy, and also their trully rock n soul side, like Hollywood Bitch, Coma, Piece of Pie, Huckleberry Crumble, Mc5(yeas, a GREAT rock tune). Not to mention their "pop" side, like Days of the Week, "i got you", "big bang baby" and, of course, "between the lines". But Cinnamon?!?!?!? THis is not STP, my friend. It´s not a bad song, I must say(again), but it´s not STP. Period.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 06, 2010, 12:51:05 AM »
The people who hate the song must be the ones waiting for another Core record

No, I´m not waiting for that. For your consideration, my favorite album is TIny Music, and my favorite STP songs are NOT "sex type thing", "plush" or "down". I really appreciate their softer and weirder side, you know? like Adhesive, And so I know, Ride the Cliche, Pruno, Daisy, and also their trully rock n soul side, like Hollywood Bitch, Coma, Piece of Pie, Huckleberry Crumble, Mc5(yeas, a GREAT rock tune). Not to mention their "pop" side, like Days of the Week, "i got you", "big bang baby" and, of course, "between the lines". But Cinnamon?!?!?!? THis is not STP, my friend. It´s not a bad song, I must say(again), but it´s not STP. Period.

Again, when I said that I was throwing out a comparison to what someone else said.

MartyMcFly

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon
« Reply #335 on: June 08, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
I was listening to the new album in my buddies car the other day and when Cinnamon came on I was amazed. My friend has a decent system in his car and had the bass turned up a tad bit.

I never noticed how detailed and groovy the bassline to this song is. It's such a well written song musically. Anyone who ever dares compare this song to popular music (Jonas Brothers/Adam Lambert etc.) is a complete moron. Popular music today isn't anywhere near as detailed and heartfelt as the actual music that Cinnamon shows. Rob sure knows how to write a good tune that's for sure.
You can hunt for the hunter...he's got no where to hide

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 08, 2010, 11:00:17 PM »
Its amazing what a real good system can do to a song

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 09, 2010, 09:20:16 PM »
This song can seriously be a fantastic crossover hit. It's light and has great hooks in it.
I personally love this song!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 09, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »
cinnamon is a delicious pop masterpiece...come on!
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album

The Reaction

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 15, 2010, 08:05:11 AM »
What chords does Dean play in the beginning of this song? And what about the main verses as well?

Adhesive Love

• W. Axl Rose
  • Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ilovethepunkrock
« Reply #340 on: June 15, 2010, 08:20:35 AM »
This is THE JAM! I love it. Let's hope this is a HUGE hit for the boys.
CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW.

moya moya

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 15, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
OK, after bashing it and then skipping it whenever it came up for awhile, I have let it play and always walk away  singing it in my head. Now I am not saying that is what makes a good song (since the same thing happens with that damn Miley Cyrus Party in the USA song), but I will at least admit that it is pretty fucking catchy. Perhaps I was too hasty with my hatred.

SPG900NY

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 29, 2010, 03:06:02 AM »
You know, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite songs on the album.

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 29, 2010, 03:14:54 AM »
I hate the track to be honest with you, and I'm not waiting for another "Core" record either. "Tiny Music..." and "No.4" are my favorites from the band... This track didn't do much for me though, I've listened to it a few times. Oh well. I just hope it never becomes a single, that'll be terrible if it does. Sorry.
-Bill_

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2010, 03:48:11 AM »
I just think Scott could be a little more creative than "yeaaaaaah, come on come on now, yeaaaaaah" over and over. I will admit that the song has grown on me a little. It's still my least favorite, but I can usually tolerate it all the way through now. I just wish Scott would have done something a little more creative lyrically, especially in the chorus.