September 29, 2024, 01:20:31 AM

Author Topic: Cinnamon  (Read 61792 times)

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Official Cinnamon Love/Hate Poll
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2010, 06:29:51 PM »
One more here for the love count. I don't really get what is wrong with a well written potential crossover song no matter who it's from as long as it's not a heartless attempt at a money grab which this is not. This song is really more surf rock to me than it is jo' bros to be honest. Besides doesn't everybody LOVE that no STP record is quite the same as the previous? I thought I saw that somewhere on here anyway ;)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:01 PM »
Anyone who compares Cinnamon to the Jonas Brothers or Taylor Swift is, quite frankly, kinda ignorant. You're looking at it's upbeat tone and ignoring it musically. Do the Jonas Brothers' rythm sections come off that good? Does Taylor Swift have anything close to Scott's lyrical OR vocal talent? Not to mention Robert's guitar composition and Dean's tone?

Maybe STP fans tend to be really depressed with life. The minute the boys release an upbeat song (that's not about sex) tons of peple say it's one of their worst songs. Black Again and A Song for Sleeping suffered a similar fate on SLDD.

It's this exact kind of thinking that got STP labeled as grunge wannabes in the first place. "Who cares about their writing? They've got dark lyrics, a gravely baritone vocalist, and distorted guitars. They're steeling from Pearl Jam dammit!"

If you don't like the song just say it. Don't be a douche and compare my favorite band's music to the worst "music" in history simply because you don't like it.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2010, 08:27:23 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Anyone who compares Cinnamon to the Jonas Brothers or Taylor Swift is, quite frankly, kinda ignorant. You're looking at it's upbeat tone and ignoring it musically. Do the Jonas Brothers' rythm sections come off that good? Does Taylor Swift have anything close to Scott's lyrical OR vocal talent? Not to mention Robert's guitar composition and Dean's tone?

Maybe STP fans tend to be really depressed with life. The minute the boys release an upbeat song (that's not about sex) tons of peple say it's one of their worst songs. Black Again and A Song for Sleeping suffered a similar fate on SLDD.

It's this exact kind of thinking that got STP labeled as grunge wannabes in the first place. "Who cares about their writing? They've got dark lyrics, a gravely baritone vocalist, and distorted guitars. They're steeling from Pearl Jam dammit!"

If you don't like the song just say it. Don't be a douche and compare my favorite band's music to the worst "music" in history simply because you don't like it.

+100000

I'm in love with this post.

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
Quote from: "Blue"

+100000

I'm in love with this post.
2nd that

timryanokane

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2010, 09:42:23 PM »
Sorry guys, it's a great pop song.  Catchy, light, and breezy.

mydownfall1185

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2010, 09:53:03 PM »
I like it. I wouldn't say I love it. But it's not bad.
I'm on an everlasting quest to become a great stand-up comedian.
http://www.facebook.com/brandonstrohl

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 04, 2010, 04:11:37 AM »
We need a recount.

There can't be 36 people in this world that think Cinnamon is a good song. Well, unless they are Adam Lambert/Jonas Brothers fans.

Boooo, sir. Booo.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

SPG900NY

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 04, 2010, 04:18:01 AM »
Love it. Maybe three or four tracks better on the album, but certainly four or five worse.

I think there are two votes below me  -- one love, one like, so I'm updating accordingly from the last count, including my own.

Love: 40
Hate: 14
Alright: 15
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:19:46 AM by SPG900NY »

sassydagger

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 04, 2010, 05:13:16 AM »
Love it! im listening to it now!

Love It: 9
Hate It: 7
It's Alright: 5
\\\"Grab the hate and drown it out
Grab the beat and drum it out
It\\\'s all so confusing\\\"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2010, 05:54:30 AM »

Not completely sure (even though I actually am), but I think there may have been more votes than that.  ;)
Bleeda blooda

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2010, 05:56:59 AM »

Not completely sure (even though I actually am), but I think there may have been more votes than that.  ;)

Well no need to count it out anymore..haha
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 04, 2010, 06:55:37 AM »
Quote from: Fear 2 Stop
I'm in an experimental electronica group...can't get any less mainstream than us.

What's the difference between an experimental electronica group and a regular electronica group, besides the obvious?

Ahhh...may have been more accurate to say experimental electronic group... or at least...definitely not on the dance side of it... don't follow traditional chord structures entirely and when I do, I actually write using diagrams and try to make the notes look like shapes if  you look at the sheet music from a vertical angle. Or, like my father once said..."Son, you always start off with the black keys?!".  Oh, and we either make our own samples or sample sounds off an NES. : ???

Anyways...so yeah...I love Cinnamon. Okay, so it's a bit sappy and cheesy...STP manages to make it sound cool somehow, kinda like it's them writing it just because they can . So, yeah, it sounds like it could be on the soundtrack of one of those straight-to-dvd American  Pie Sequels  ("American Pie:Sober Camp" sounds like a sweet idea), but still sounds good at the same time.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon
« Reply #327 on: June 05, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »
I gave my Mom a copy of the new album a few weeks back and hadn't asked her about it. Today on Facebook the first verse of Cinnamon was her status. How awesome is my Mom LOL She loves the album. She was always a rocker though. I noticed that she also used the chorus to Hickory as her status a week ago so I figured asking her if she liked the album was a dumb question. Just thought it was funny going on Facebook today and seeing my Mother representing STP!!

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 05, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
To the people who are calling others ignorant for not liking this song, or saying that we must be waiting for another Core album, that is BS and really lame.  I'm not a fan of Cinnamon, and I think it basically sounds like bubblegum pop.  But I'm not ignorant, I'm not deaf, and I'm not waiting for another Core.  It is unbelievable that someone could be called ignorant (or whatever else) for not liking a song... especially THIS song.  I mean, it's not like we're talking about a nearly universally popular song like Interstate Love Song.

I'll admit that Cinnamon is somewhat catchy.  But lots of bubblegum pop songs are catchy.  And for the record, I don't really "hate" it, but it's definitely my least favorite on the album.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 05, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »
To the people who are calling others ignorant for not liking this song, or saying that we must be waiting for another Core album, that is BS and really lame.  I'm not a fan of Cinnamon, and I think it basically sounds like bubblegum pop.  But I'm not ignorant, I'm not deaf, and I'm not waiting for another Core.  It is unbelievable that someone could be called ignorant (or whatever else) for not liking a song... especially THIS song.  I mean, it's not like we're talking about a nearly universally popular song like Interstate Love Song.

I'll admit that Cinnamon is somewhat catchy.  But lots of bubblegum pop songs are catchy.  And for the record, I don't really "hate" it, but it's definitely my least favorite on the album.

He called the person who compared the song to Jonas Brothers/Taylor Swift ignorant. It wasn't without reason. I've said this many times, but I still have to repeat myself: I do not care if you don't like the song, but comparing the song to awful music or saying whoever likes the song must listen to Jonas Brothers is another thing. If people hated Huckleberry Crumble like they did Cinnamon, I'd be saying the same thing.