September 27, 2024, 08:32:08 PM

Author Topic: Cinnamon  (Read 61665 times)

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2010, 07:01:38 AM »
This song is fucking terrible.

Too bad, because the rest of the album kicks major ass.

I've never been a fan of Sour Girl, but I get why it became a major hit. And I respect it-- because it sounds uniquely Pilots.

This song, on the other hand.....

Only_dying

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2010, 07:04:17 AM »
Quote from: "nat"
This song is fucking terrible.

Too bad, because the rest of the album kicks major ass.

I've never been a fan of Sour Girl, but I get why it became a major hit. And I respect it-- because it sounds uniquely Pilots.

This song, on the other hand.....

Sour Girl is an amazing song. And Cinnamon is a good song, It's certainly not as bad as some people are saying.

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2010, 08:30:07 AM »
Quote from: "ShaneC"
Cinnamon:

We'll, I guess if Dawson's Creek ever has a reunion show, this song might just be perfect.

I like that they are still making music, but if this is the new sound of STP, I may be done with this band.

This album is proof that Rock n' Roll is in a very bad place these days.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. While I respect your opinion of the song, I can't believe you would be "done with this band" because of the new album. I guess I'm calling your "fanhood" into question.

I do agree with you about the current state of rock music in general though. Pretty shitty overall. The dozen or so really, really good bands can't salvage the shit that the rest put out.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2010, 09:13:46 AM »
Yeah I definitely think this is the song that has to grow on you. I gave this song a few listens now and it's already growing on me. This would be a good single in my opinion. It's very radio friendly. I would think it would be a hit cause it's what the kids would like nowadays. lol A feel good poppy rock with a nice beat song. Yes!

O0

Desperation #5

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2010, 09:01:02 PM »
This is probably one that will grow on me.  After just one listen I'm thinking "congrats MC5, you're no longer the worst STP song ever written."

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2010, 10:38:26 PM »
Defending MC5. It's a great rocker and I'm sure the majority of people in here agree so as well. Maybe Cinnamon doesn't fit the STP mold, but that's what makes them a great band. They can play a song out of their comfort zone and get some great results out of it. If they made every album to sound like Core or whatever they would most likely end up a one hit wonder. It's a cute little tune. It's grows on you. Can't always cater to every fan. We're fortunate to get a great new album. All their songs are gems in my eyes. I could see Cinnamon being a single!

O0

TLee05

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2010, 10:46:31 PM »
Robert DeLeo kicks ass in this song.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2010, 01:33:42 AM »
They just played Cinnamon on the intro to the Boston-Orlando game on ESPN.  ;D

roughtumble

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2010, 04:01:23 AM »
This song also reminds me of "Age of Consent" by New Order. Kinda.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2010, 04:32:54 AM »
Quote from: "EyesOfDisarray"
They just played Cinnamon on the intro to the Boston-Orlando game on ESPN.  ;D

yeah I noticed that too. Pretty surreal. Great to see the band getting some rep out there. Later in the game there was another riff from one of the songs played but im already spacing. Too much drinky I guess

vicious1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2010, 04:37:20 AM »
This song has that Rickenbacker guitar - power pop vibe about it.

It reminds me a little of Matthew Sweet.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2010, 05:19:47 AM »
WoW! Yes! I can definitely hear some Matthew Sweet in there. Song makes you feel good all over like a sugar high from a box of Hawiian Punch on a hot summer day in a field full of flowers! That kind of feeling! lol

O0

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2010, 06:08:25 AM »
I like the song too, but it definitely seems to be a polarizing one.  And I'll also defend MC5 - not even close to being the worst STP song, but I guess it's all subjective.

Just curious, for all those that hate Cinnamon, did you like Days Of The Week?  To me, that's been by far their worst single and possibly worst song ever put out, though I've grown to tolerate it.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2010, 06:32:39 AM »
Ok now I'll defend Days Of The Week! I kinda liked that song. Well I thought the video is quite entertaining with the band being space cadets! lol I always thought the song wasn't too bad. Yah maybe they could have released a song like Coma as a first single instead on that album. It's a very catchy song so I don't mind it at all. The one and only song I will say that maybe wasn't their best or one I never listen to is Art School Girl. Other than that I love 100% of every single STP song ever put out.
       Ok now Cinnamon is one of my favs songs on the album. Definitely think they should release at as a single!! Come on, Come on! lol

O0

seula

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2010, 07:49:13 AM »
Quote from: "roughtumble"
This song also reminds me of "Age of Consent" by New Order. Kinda.

Agreed.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ahU-x-4Gxw ...in 0:42.

There's some stuff that deviates, like "Cinnamon," which is the Beatles meets Joy Division.

::)