September 20, 2024, 02:39:49 AM

Author Topic: I've found 30 sesond samples that work!!!!!!  (Read 22692 times)

laynestaleyiscool

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: I've found 30 sesond samples that work!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »
"Hazy Daze" does sound great. It reminds me a little of "No.4" for some reason. This album can't come out quick enough.

laynestaleyiscool

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
Edit: First Kiss On Mars is great too, based on the clip I don't think Scott's voice sounds as "Bowie-ish" as some reviews made it out to be

And, also, I second that. I got a Bowie-vibe, but it's certainly not Weiland completely emulating Bowie from what I could tell.

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »
Quote from:

I'm getting a strong Talk Show vibe overall (maybe the self-production has a bit to do with that) which, for me personally, is cool.[/quote

Agree, good point

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2010, 11:54:14 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
Quote from: "oldleadbelly"
Kinda surprised some people aren't feeling the Peacoat clip.  That's my favorite so far...swaggers like a sonuvabitch.

That's my favorite clip.

We're all members of the Peacoat fan club. Everybody else is just a bandwagon jumper.
Bleeda blooda

ralphtheman23

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2010, 11:56:10 PM »
My fave so far is Maver, sounds very beautiful.  But I'm sure I'll start to feel the other songs more once I hear the full versions.

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2010, 12:00:51 AM »
chips will only grow one shoulder at a time?!?

Is this what I'm hearing from on the bridge of Huckleberry?

facepollution

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2010, 12:03:24 AM »
Sounds like the best is still to come from this album compared to what we've heard, First Kiss On Mars sounds amazing.

"take a risk and listen to the radio"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2010, 12:12:25 AM »
Quote from: "stp4"
chips will only grow one shoulder at a time?!?

Is this what I'm hearing from on the bridge of Huckleberry?

It's what I'm hearing.
Bleeda blooda

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2010, 03:12:30 AM »
HOLY SHIT!!  I get back in town to find this!!  AMAZING!!  I am content till the 25th now THANK YOU MYSPACE
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2010, 04:25:54 AM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
I'm getting a strong Talk Show vibe overall (maybe the self-production has a bit to do with that) which, for me personally, is cool.

I hear it too, and I like it too.

ralphtheman23

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2010, 04:52:48 AM »
Quote from: "EyesOfDisarray"
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
I'm getting a strong Talk Show vibe overall (maybe the self-production has a bit to do with that) which, for me personally, is cool.

I hear it too, and I like it too.

I didn't even think of that until now but yeah there is definitely a Talk Show vibe going on there.  Wow this album is gonna be awesome!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2010, 06:12:20 AM »
Can't stop playing them, love them all!

Dare if you dare and Maver are my favorites by now. Dare if you dare reminds me some other song I haven't figured out yet...

And with Peacoat happened something funny, "Happy" came immediately to my mind (a mind can make crazy connections)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2010, 06:22:58 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"

Dare if you dare and Maver are my favorites by now. Dare if you dare reminds me some other song I haven't figured out yet...

And with Peacoat happened something funny, "Happy" came immediately to my mind (a mind can make crazy connections)

Dare If You Dare sounds a lot like 21 Guns by Green Day. A song which I absolutely HATE. New Green Day is terrible music. It's like they barfed on American Idiot.
Bleeda blooda

bfoley4685

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2010, 07:49:25 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "Shangri"

Dare If You Dare sounds a lot like 21 Guns by Green Day. A song which I absolutely HATE. New Green Day is terrible music. It's like they barfed on American Idiot.

ive only heard 3 green day albums in my life Dookie,American Idiot and 21ST CENTURY BREAKDOWN. 21St is one  of the best "all around" albums i have ever heard from any genre. it doesnt sound like anything else and has a certain feel to it. theres 3 songs on it i dont like. its a mixture of fast,slow,pop,rock meoldies that really pump you up or make you think. im FAR from a big green day fan but that last album is something else.

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2010, 08:26:25 AM »
I stopped listening to Green Day around the time of the Nimrod album, I think that was the album that had that awful "Good Riddance" song. That's when those guys lost me. I haven't listened to a single album of theirs since then, but I heard that "21 Guns" song on the radio a few times when it first came out and absolutely hated it. I didn't even learn until weeks/months later that it was actually Green Day, and not one of these new bands-of-the-week. God damn, I thought, what the hell happened to those guys. Now I hear they are even producing a musical, what the fuck? I was an avid Green Day fan in the early 90s from their first album right through Dookie and Insomniac. Kerplunk! and Dookie are era-defining essential albums, and 1039/Slappy (the first record) and Insomniac are high on the list of the 90's best. Green Day kicked ass in those days because they virtually single-handedly revived punk rock. Somewhere along the way they lost their edginess, their livelihood. I'm all about artists growing, expanding and maturing but those guys did a complete 180. They're just playing to a completely different audience now, they're the antithesis of the 1990-96 version of themselves.

I'm saying that to say this: the Dare if You Dare clip does sound uncomfortably similar to 21 Guns, but I'll wait to hear the entire song to pass judgement. The rest of the clips sound absolutely stellar; this album has the potential to be the next Purple.