September 20, 2024, 02:19:19 AM

Author Topic: I've found 30 sesond samples that work!!!!!!  (Read 22690 times)

laynestaleyiscool

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: I've found 30 sesond samples that work!!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2010, 09:18:41 AM »
I think there should be a law against saying "Green Day" and "Stone Temple Pilots" in the same sentence.

Vanilla Shake

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Ava Adore
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2010, 10:04:04 AM »
Heh, I'm one of the only ones here who loves everything by Green Day. But that's a given since they've been my favorite band since I first heard "When I Come Around" on the radio when I was 4. Even went to see them at Madison Square Garden last year. Although I don't like the fact that they sort of dress all "emo-ish" now, 'cause that's attracted a ton of scene kids into their concerts and shit. I had to be the only 18 year old dude at that concert who wasn't wearing black eyeliner. I just enjoy the music, not the image.

Although they do have a recent side-project that is supposed to be just pure rock and roll with a bit of a '60s vibe, the Foxboro Hot Tubs. And they shockingly don't dress in black as them! http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HZQ-DRLHGs

As for "Dare If You Dare" sounding like "21 Guns", I notice a similarity, but "Dare If You Dare" doesn't sound like it'll be as much of a downer.
I'm looking for a new meditation, still looking for a new way to fly. Don't want any plastic validation, not looking for a new way to die.

Sander Evers

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/squarexi
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »
This is the first time ever that I don't like living in Holland. Apparently we are not significant enough to be included. No samples for us here, thanks to the bunch of idiots at Myspace and Amazon!
We hate the taste cause it tastes so good.Time to reconsider when your empty bag just gave you a look

facepollution

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2010, 11:29:22 AM »
Quote from: "Sander Evers"
This is the first time ever that I don't like living in Holland. Apparently we are not significant enough to be included. No samples for us here, thanks to the bunch of idiots at Myspace and Amazon!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mxyyrwzzrz2  just download them here

Core76

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2010, 01:18:19 PM »
I  hear 21 Guns by Green Day some what on the chorus of Dare If You Dare Also. But then I also hear a strong Aerosmith vibe on Huckleberry Crumble, as well as A pinch of Nirvana on Between the lines lol. Musically from the sample I agree with everyone else kinda has A Purple,Tiny Music, Talk show mix and even Velvet revolver Libertad thing going on. Can't wait for this to come out !!! So far i really dig the 4 tracks they have put out on amazon !!!

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »
Quote from: "Core76"
I  hear 21 Guns by Green Day some what on the chorus of Dare If You Dare Also. But then I also hear a strong Aerosmith vibe on Huckleberry Crumble, as well as A pinch of Nirvana on Between the lines lol. Musically from the sample I agree with everyone else kinda has A Purple,Tiny Music, Talk show mix and even Velvet revolver Libertad thing going on. Can't wait for this to come out !!! So far i really dig the 4 tracks they have put out on amazon !!!

On fast as I can I hear VR spay going right into AOA...almost sounding rpatrick is in the chorus.

I think this album is going to be very good!

chetstp7

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »
can this thread not talk about green day anymore.... >:(  I haven't liked anything by green day in 12 years

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »
Quote from: "chetstp7"
can this thread not talk about green day anymore.... >:(  I haven't liked anything by green day in 12 years
I concur!  This album reminds me of No.4.  It has some striking pop tunes, while holding up some fast paced rockers, and then laying down some slow grooves.  I don't know...we'll see in a few days!
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.

ralphtheman23

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2010, 05:09:53 PM »
Quote from: "chetstp7"

Here Here.  My 10 year old Jonas Brother loving cousin has a magazine that has the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Green Day on the cover.  It will be a sad, sad day if STP is ever featured anywhere along with those acts, unless the headline reads "STP only band to survive plane crash"  ;D

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »
I can't stand Green Day at all.  Sure, I liked Dookie when I was 12 but yeah I was 12

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »
Not impressed at all, but they're just clips so I won't judge. One thing that really bothers me is Scott's voice, I rather hear Scott sound bad on a record than have his voice be turned into a robot, he doesn't sound human at all for some of those parts.
If you only knew..

ralphtheman23

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2010, 05:39:54 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Not impressed at all, but they're just clips so I won't judge. One thing that really bothers me is Scott's voice, I rather hear Scott sound bad on a record than have his voice be turned into a robot, he doesn't sound human at all for some of those parts.

I'm not too impressed with all the clips either.  It's been a long time since they all recorded together and they're trying something new (which they did for pretty much every album anyway) but they are only 30 second clips after all and I'm still psyched for the 25th!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2010, 06:43:12 PM »
I dont hear 21 guns at all, I really hate 21 guns by the way.  American Idiot was a good disc but there last one is basically a copy of it.

Anyways I deff. hear the Talk Show vibe in some of those tunes which is great.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2010, 06:48:23 PM »
Quote from: "nat"
I stopped listening to Green Day around the time of the Nimrod album

I've been a fan of Green Day for a long time too. I was in middle school when Dookie came out and first started learning guitar off that album. Then I went back and got the earlier stuff and fell in love with them even more.

I thought Nimrod was a great album and a bit of a return to their 1,039 style of writing. I saw them in a little club in Orlando touring for that album, and honestly I think it was the best show I've ever been to.

American Idiot is a great album too, but they started losing me with their new emo-esque image and live show. I haven't been able to get into 21st Century Breakdown. I'm happy they are finding so much success, but it's just hard for me to get into them these days.

I hear 21 Guns in that first line in the chorus of Dare, but I'm sure we won't think twice about it once we have the whole song and have listened to it a few times.

Core76

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2010, 07:05:33 PM »
I used to dig Green day when i was in high school, but present day they don't do anything for me. I am really hoping this will be a good comeback record for the guys. I  was really happy with the new AIC and Pearl Jam's Backspacer. Out of STP'S  5 albums so far I would rate them like this on a scale of 1 to 5 stars. LOL AMAZON REVIEWER HERE!!!!

1. Tie between core and purple 5 stars a piece !!!
2. number 4....  3.5 stars
3. shangra... 3 stars
4. Tiny Music...  being my least favorite.... 2 stars

How do you guys rate them?