September 28, 2024, 06:19:08 PM

Author Topic: List of all the different "Stone Temple Pilots" versions  (Read 20761 times)

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: List of all the different "Stone Temple Pilots" versions
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 09:00:09 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Target

Stone Temple Pilots (Deluxe Edition) - Only at Target + iTunes

http://www.target.com/Stone-Temple-Pilo ... archPage=1

Stone Temple Pilots (Deluxe Edition)

No mention of a DVD on either verison.......

Geez, how many different versions are there going to be ??  And I'm still wondering like some others which one is the one with the DVD?? I've never been so sure about getting an album but so confused about what and where I'm going to get it. They're seriously trying to confuse us to point where we just give up and buy 2-3 different versions. The labels will love that.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

Wingless Bird

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 02:20:12 AM »
Here in Canada the deluxe edition is available at HMV for only one dollar more ??? I find that odd.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 02:38:13 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
I'm worried about the DVD (30 min interview), I don't know how I'm going to be able to put my hands on it yet :-

I deeply HATE iTunes. We're not market for Apple, an iphone or ipod is useless for us  >:(

A little bird will probably upload it for you once they get their hands on it. Just remind me on or around the 25th.  ;)
Bleeda blooda

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 07:45:07 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "Shangri"
I'm worried about the DVD (30 min interview), I don't know how I'm going to be able to put my hands on it yet :-

I deeply HATE iTunes. We're not market for Apple, an iphone or ipod is useless for us  >:(

A little bird will probably upload it for you once they get their hands on it. Just remind me on or around the 25th.  ;)

aww little bird THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  :-*
I'm going to pay you for this, like you and everyone else did, thanks again  :)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

ralphtheman23

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 08:28:44 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm only buying the standard version because I felt really ripped of with the deluxe versions of Happy in Galoshes (that included a whole extra CD's worth of crap!) and Libertad (wow! a 20 minute documentary about a lame show!)  I didn't really care much for either album either.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 09:45:47 PM »
Quote from: "ralphtheman23"
I don't know about you guys, but I'm only buying the standard version because I felt really ripped of with the deluxe versions of Happy in Galoshes (that included a whole extra CD's worth of crap!) and Libertad (wow! a 20 minute documentary about a lame show!)  I didn't really care much for either album either.

Big time disagree.  Many of my favorite songs from "Happy" weren't on the standard version and only on the 2CD Deluxe.  I think its a bit of a stretch to assume because you were unhappy with a SW Deluxe edition that you can't be happy with an STP Deluxe edition.  Either way though, to each his own.

chetstp7

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 09:47:46 PM »
No one knows for sure how long this is going to last...I will get everything I can when I can get it!

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 09:54:17 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"

Big time disagree.  Many of my favorite songs from "Happy" weren't on the standard version and only on the 2CD Deluxe.  I think its a bit of a stretch to assume because you were unhappy with a SW Deluxe edition that you can't be happy with an STP Deluxe edition.  Either way though, to each his own.

Yeah, it's a different scenario. I didn't buy the deluxe Libertad but I would not be without the 2CD HIG because it has "Crash", "Sometimes Chicken Soup", "Sentimental Halos" and, of course, "The Man I Didn't Know" - all amongst the best of that album imo.

But this is also my point - TMIDK was a track we had heard and expected to be on the album. For Scott to have it only on the 2CD version was a bit shabby I thought. STP has never done that and they are not doing it now - the bonus versions are a matter of choice but fans are not losing out (music-wise) if they opt out. That's the very principle that has been spoken about (by Robert Deleo certainly) and it speaks volumes I think.

ralphtheman23

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
You guys are right, I'm probably overreacting and will probably have a change of heart when it finally comes out.  And although I thought Scott's live performance of TMIDK was great (and was actually really looking forward to it when the album came out), I found the album version waaay too overproduced.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »
You guys are right, I'm probably overreacting and will probably have a change of heart when it finally comes out.  And although I thought Scott's live performance of TMIDK was great (and was actually really looking forward to it when the album came out), I found the album version waaay too overproduced.
I agree with you there.  I enjoyed the live performance too, but not so much the album version.  

On the whole though, I love Disc 2 of "Happy..." though.

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 02:05:40 AM »
so for someone who is anti iTunes, is the best buy deluxe version the best one to go with you think? ugh!
-Dewey

chetstp7

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 02:24:35 AM »
You can always go with the best buy one and then get others if need be ;D

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 07:14:23 AM »
Is the itunes deluxe version available in EU countries? I only found the regular one + About a fool if you pre-order...This is really confusing...

How about a 12" EP with the vinyl to include all the extra tracks? That'd be sweet.
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 09:24:29 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Target

Stone Temple Pilots (Deluxe Edition) - Only at Target + iTunes

Stone Temple Pilots (Deluxe Edition)

No mention of a DVD on either verison.......

Has anyone been able to clear up this Target issue?  The "Deluxe + iTunes" version is only $15, but the other "Deluxe" version is $18.  There is no description of what comes with the $18 CD, it just says it's online only.  I would assume that is the version I want to get (because more expensive means it's better, right?  ??? ).  Why can't they add a freaking description?

I've pre-ordered the Deluxe version on iTunes, but I want a hard copy with a DVD as well.
Sin make me strong.

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »
I sent an e-mail to Target Coustomer Service about the diffrent delux versions. If I get an answer, I'll let you guys and gals know.