September 28, 2024, 08:32:47 PM

Author Topic: List of all the different "Stone Temple Pilots" versions  (Read 20768 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: List of all the different "Stone Temple Pilots" versions
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 09:57:35 PM »
In England (and Europe) I think we only have one choice for now and that is to buy the regular version as the deluxe is £25 + as an import (The equivalent of $50!) on both Amazon and STP's official site. Does anyone know any site which is offering the deluxe version at a reasonable price outside of the USA?? I would really appreciate any help on this.

For now I have pre-ordered the regular version from Play.com with EXCLUSIVE slip case, i'm not getting any extra tracks but I get a cool cardboard sleeve that isn't available anywhere else! Lol  ;D
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »
Quote from: "JWeber"
I sent an e-mail to Target Coustomer Service about the diffrent delux versions. If I get an answer, I'll let you guys and gals know.

Thanks.  I sent an email as well.  Hopefully someone will get an answer!
Sin make me strong.

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 02:54:54 AM »
I'm supporting my favorite band on this release. I've pre-ordered the Bonus Disc version on their official website with the t-shirt (already got the t-shirt.) I pre-ordered it on iTunes and I've also pre-ordered the vinyl version. I might go to Target on the 25th to get the CD/DVD combo. I won't get it on Best Buy because I already have that "Buy This" EP.

Speaking of iTunes, has anyone ever ordered preordered something on iTunes? I'm just curious as to how it works and when during the day of the release it gets downloaded into your iTunes.
Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 02:57:38 AM »
Quote from: "Bipolarbear126"
I'm supporting my favorite band on this release. I've pre-ordered the Bonus Disc version on their official website with the t-shirt (already got the t-shirt.) I pre-ordered it on iTunes and I've also pre-ordered the vinyl version. I might go to Target on the 25th to get the CD/DVD combo. I won't get it on Best Buy because I already have that "Buy This" EP.

Speaking of iTunes, has anyone ever ordered preordered something on iTunes? I'm just curious as to how it works and when during the day of the release it gets downloaded into your iTunes.

I believe you will be able to download the album at 9PM pacific time on the 24th. 12 AM eastern time on the 25th. If you have it preordered, it should start downloading automatically as soon as it's available and you have iTunes open.
Bleeda blooda

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 04:36:43 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"

I believe you will be able to download the album at 9PM pacific time on the 24th. 12 AM eastern time on the 25th. If you have it preordered, it should start downloading automatically as soon as it's available and you have iTunes open.

Oh, thanks! I live in Jersey so I guess that means 12 am Eastern time. I'll be sure to have my iTunes open at that time, then, and listen to this album 30 times by the end of that day.
Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 04:40:44 AM »
No go through the e-mail. They just said all available info is listed, then they gave me a number to try calling, only the e-mail was sent after 6, so I'll have to call after work tomorrow. If anyone else wants to try, it's 800-303-0308. The product # is 244-18-0305.

Vanilla Shake

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Ava Adore
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 05:26:46 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"

Oh, thanks! I live in Jersey so I guess that means 12 am Eastern time. I'll be sure to have my iTunes open at that time, then, and listen to this album 30 times by the end of that day.
Yeah, it'll automatically begin downloading at midnight if iTunes is open.
I'm looking for a new meditation, still looking for a new way to fly. Don't want any plastic validation, not looking for a new way to die.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
Quote from: "JWeber"
No go through the e-mail. They just said all available info is listed, then they gave me a number to try calling, only the e-mail was sent after 6, so I'll have to call after work tomorrow. If anyone else wants to try, it's 800-303-0308. The product # is 244-18-0305.

I got a similar reply from Target.  I asked them what the difference was between the deluxe versions they are listing, and if either of them would be available in their brick-and-mortar stores after the release date.  Here's what Target had to say:

"Right now, all of the information we have about these item is right on the product description page. I know that it can be difficult to figure out what you want to order without more information, and I'm sorry if we've let you down.

You might be able to get the manufacturer's phone number by contacting our Manufacturer's Information line: (800) 303-0308. Please be sure to provide the following DPCI numbers when you call: 012-06-1464 & 012-06-1464. Hopefully they're able to provide you with the details you need.

These items are online only available items and can't be picked up at the stores."

I guess I'll just have my iTunes version tide me over on release day, and I'll wait to find out which hard copy I need to buy after the release date and all details are clear.
Sin make me strong.

zoe1271

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 03:20:04 PM »
Still no word on the bonus CD version available from the official site?

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 05:42:13 PM »
Theyre priced kinda high compred to Amazon.

The rest of STPs catalouge is priced at $8.99, I need a new No.4 mine jewel case is destroyed.
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 06:46:16 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Target now has 3 verisons:

http://www.target.com/s/184-0809462-543 ... archPage=1

So, for 50 cents more, you can get the delux version. Hmmm, wonder if anyone will buy the standard online  ;)

I'm going to assume that the $18 version is really the target/i-tunes exclusive and not the $15.99, as listed target.com. The DVD is probably the 30 minute interview and Between the Lines video like on i-tunes. The delux version everywhere else has the same listing as the $15.99 target "exclusive", so I'm betting it's just an error on their site.

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2010, 08:08:54 PM »
What kind of bullshit is this? They're available only online from Target???? Why would I want to buy it online when the fuckin' description doesn't even adequately tell me what the hell I'm getting? There's one there that's 18.39 but it doesn't even say why.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 08:31:18 PM »
Quote from: "Slim Jim"
What kind of bullshit is this? They're available only online from Target???? Why would I want to buy it online when the fuckin' description doesn't even adequately tell me what the hell I'm getting? There's one there that's 18.39 but it doesn't even say why.

I just think the Target customer service people don't know jack.  They only know what's on the website (the same info we see).  I think there will be a deluxe version with a DVD in the stores, it's just that right now they are pre-order only and it looks like an on-line exclusive.  I could be wrong, but it would be completely retarded of Target to pay for exclusive sales rights and then only sell that product on-line when the majority of their sales come from stores.  

I agree, though, there's no way in hell I'm pre-ordering on-line when they can't give me any description whatsoever.
Sin make me strong.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »
Quote from: "CagedTiger"
In England (and Europe) I think we only have one choice for now and that is to buy the regular version as the deluxe is £25 + as an import (The equivalent of $50!) on both Amazon and STP's official site. Does anyone know any site which is offering the deluxe version at a reasonable price outside of the USA?? I would really appreciate any help on this.

For now I have pre-ordered the regular version from Play.com with EXCLUSIVE slip case, i'm not getting any extra tracks but I get a cool cardboard sleeve that isn't available anywhere else! Lol  ;D

Not outside USA, but I pre-ordered it from Amazon and it was actually pretty cheap ($30 shipment included*). Yes, it'll take some time until it arrives but in the meantime you can enjoy of the "simple" version (which is what I'm going to do, since it's the only I can buy here)

*I paid some extra money for shipping so it arrives sooner, otherwise it'd be $10 cheaper (or so) and 10 more days of waiting
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"