September 28, 2024, 10:22:48 PM

Author Topic: List of all the different "Stone Temple Pilots" versions  (Read 20770 times)

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
Re: List of all the different "Stone Temple Pilots" versions
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2010, 04:50:51 PM »
Quote from: "live2cd"
just got back from my TARGET, they had about 7 deluxe editions sitting there ... i was relieved. I still want the better packaging Best Buy got, might have to buy another.

BB had different packaging that Target? Is it a digipak or something?
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitestripes.net
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2010, 05:19:28 PM »
Going to grab the deluxe edition from Best Buy here in just a little bit.  I guess I am another one asking kindly if someone would be so gracious and PM me "About a Fool"?  Looking forward to hearing the true version of Samba Nova though!
My web community: WhiteStripes.net (13 years old as of Feb 2015)

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2010, 09:26:40 PM »
For those of you who have had the chance to listen to the new version of "About A Fool", how does it sound? Is it just like the demo version? I already bought the regular version and the deluxe but I am not going to get a third copy for one song. If someone who has it would PM me, I would very much appreciate it.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2010, 10:06:51 PM »
Quote from: "IMJ"
just got back from my TARGET, they had about 7 deluxe editions sitting there ... i was relieved. I still want the better packaging Best Buy got, might have to buy another.

Yeah, someone posted a picture earlier in this thread.  I picked up the BB copy because I thought the packaging was a LOT nicer - gold foil where the yellow is, digipak, one disc.

I would also appreciate if someone would be willing to PM the studio "About A Fool."  Is it really any different?

And has anyone yet received the deluxe edition from the STP website?  I'm really curious what bonus tracks they have on there or if it will just be like the edition in stores...

guvnagrover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2010, 10:50:07 PM »
Quote from: "DumbLove"

Yeah, someone posted a picture earlier in this thread.  I picked up the BB copy because I thought the packaging was a LOT nicer - gold foil where the yellow is, digipak, one disc.

I would also appreciate if someone would be willing to PM the studio "About A Fool."  Is it really any different?

And has anyone yet received the deluxe edition from the STP website?  I'm really curious what bonus tracks they have on there or if it will just be like the edition in stores...

I should hopefully be receiving the Deluxe Edition from the website tomorrow or Saturday - I'll let you know what the bonus tracks are, unless someone else gets their's before I do.
"Skin is smooth I steal a glance...Dragon flies 'er' gliding over"

"Cause she could play the six string, Better than those macho pendejos...Oh Maver..."

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »

Ohhhh yeah. That's right. Damn. Gonna have to pick that up eventually..
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

maynx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2010, 08:14:51 PM »
Quote from: "guvnagrover"

I should hopefully be receiving the Deluxe Edition from the website tomorrow or Saturday - I'll let you know what the bonus tracks are, unless someone else gets their's before I do.

I've got the website edition in hand. Looks like what people have been describing the BB version to be. Gold foil digipack, Samba Nova and the same 3 live tracks. Also, a foldout poster. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Target for the DVD version as well.  :P
But she'll never really be alone...as long as I'm beside her...

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »
Quote from: "maynx"

I've got the website edition in hand. Looks like what people have been describing the BB version to be. Gold foil digipack, Samba Nova and the same 3 live tracks. Also, a foldout poster.

ah, how disappointing!  I was hoping for some ‘new’ bonus tracks.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »

I've got the website edition in hand. Looks like what people have been describing the BB version to be. Gold foil digipack, Samba Nova and the same 3 live tracks. Also, a foldout poster. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Target for the DVD version as well.  :P

Thanks for updating - sucks that it's not 2 different tracks, but at least I don't have to shell out another $20 now.

maynx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
Thanks for updating - sucks that it's not 2 different tracks, but at least I don't have to shell out another $20 now.

Yeah, I hear ya. I was hoping too, but I kinda figured it'd be Samba and the 3 live tracks. Ah well. We know they've got more songs packed away, which means more STP to look forward to. Hopefully soon!  ;D
But she'll never really be alone...as long as I'm beside her...

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »

Good thing about it is I won't have to deal with fanfire again after they took 6 months to ship me a shirt (btw expensive shipping). Sucks because I wanted something different but I kinda knew it, like we all did  ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

guvnagrover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2010, 10:58:47 PM »

Ah good to know - I was going to go to Best Buy to grab that version.  Should have mine any day now  :D

Thanks for the update!
"Skin is smooth I steal a glance...Dragon flies 'er' gliding over"

"Cause she could play the six string, Better than those macho pendejos...Oh Maver..."

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitestripes.net
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2010, 03:03:22 PM »
OK did they NOT include About  A Fool on one of the Deluxe Editions??  I can't find it anywhere, iTunes, BB, Target, etc.  I already have the version with Samba Nova but really want to get my grubby little paws on the official release of About A Fool?  Where can I find this?  Anyone? Bueller?
My web community: WhiteStripes.net (13 years old as of Feb 2015)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2010, 03:40:02 PM »
Quote from: "KingSnake"
OK did they NOT include About  A Fool on one of the Deluxe Editions??  I can't find it anywhere, iTunes, BB, Target, etc.  I already have the version with Samba Nova but really want to get my grubby little paws on the official release of About A Fool?  Where can I find this?  Anyone? Bueller?

It was included as a iTunes pre-order bonus track
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2010, 04:18:34 PM »
Im still waitin for my copy here. Its not out yet, plus no hints of it on vh1 either, so the day of pickin up the album's still far away... But this one cd store guy i spoke to here said he was expecting the Deluxe Edition, so its good news :)