September 30, 2024, 06:16:21 PM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots played full length on tour?  (Read 9382 times)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Stone Temple Pilots played full length on tour?
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »
Anyone else think that there would be no better way to promote the album and make for a very interesting tour if they played their new album front to back?
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

laynestaleyiscool

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots played full length on tour?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 10:00:31 PM »
That'd be pretty cool, but a lot of fans would be pissed. Not because the new album sucks or anything (from the 3 songs we've heard so far, it clearly doesn't) but they have such a lengthy list of songs that people love there'd be riots if people went without Interstate Love Song, Sex Type Thing, Big Bang Baby, Vasoline, etc.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »
but the thing is thtat STP plays usually 20 song sets or so.  And the album is 12 ( I think I remember)  so after the album they could play ils big empty creep sour girl and a few others that are must haves.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »
While i would love it, Im afraid we're in sort of the same situation of the reunion tour: A LOT of new fans who have never got the chance to see STP at all. After seeing the STP fanpage on facebook grow "Exponentially" over the past few weeks, its pretty obvious that this new album is making STP a LOT more popular. So the majority of the crowd is gonna want to hear some of the classics theyve never heard Im betting.

But hell, Id love to be proven wrong!
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 10:06:18 PM »
Jane's Addiction just played their first show 2 days ago and didn't play Jane Says, Been Caught Stealing or Just Because.  They don't need the hits for people to enjoy it.  Sure sprinkle in 3 or 4 of plush, Ils, BE, Tripping, STT.

Although how can you complain with 4 new ones being played.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »
IMO they should at least play 6 or 7 from Stone Temple Pilots.  i think they'd enjoy playing them as well.  Mybe add a spark to the show
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 04:08:04 AM »
I don't think riots would ensue if the band didn't play ILS or Plush. Sure, casual fans would be a little disappointed, but STP would give them their money's worth. I can't wait until the 20th anniversary of Core so they can play that one front to back like Kretz said. Obviously, in the world of STP nothing is certain, but I'm down for Core Tour #2.

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 04:21:05 AM »
Core front to back would ROCK!! I'm the kinda fan that would dig ANY type of gig. I would LOVE to hear them play the new album front to back...and i haven't even heard it all yet. Still...that type of show is a cool idea. I would live with only a few from the new one. It's just a KILLER time to be a fan. Whatever they do...they will entertain me like always.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 04:23:48 AM »
I'm sure they would love playing the whole new album.  One of the main reasons of making an album was to keep things fresh and not too repetitive.  The band likes playing their new stuff.  In Bossier City, the second night that they played their new stuff, I could not help but see Dean looking around really enjoying playing the new stuff.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Lanegan7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 05:04:41 AM »
this would be great idea for a tv show, have a weekly one hour show where bands play an entire album from start to finish.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 05:23:15 AM »
It would have been 15 years ago.  now all the popular music is single based.   no one cares what track number 3 is on Jay-z's album.  No one cares what the songs are that arent singles unfortunately.  Plus if they did you'd only be getting the junky songs.              I love the idea if they would focus on good rock bands though!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

born2boogie

• *Happy Dancer*
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Keep Smiling ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Weiland Fans Online
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 01:43:48 PM »
I think it could work for like over there (USA) as a lot of old fans are there..
but for me I would be pissed off if they did that on this tour..
as I have never seen them live and I want to hear all the classic songs also £42 just to hear all of the new album which comes out here I think 26 May? not much time to learn the songs..
only a few songs from the past albums just wouldn't work for me.. sorry
Why surrender this way I feel so raped just like an open book that no one wants to read. Don't turn away.. :'(

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
They of course will keep Plush ILS Vasoline Big Empty and probably Sour Girl in the show.  But Id like to hear some new and some sort of obscure songs.  Thats just me.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 07:26:31 PM »
^^and Sex Type Thing and Wicked Garden^^
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 08:10:33 PM »
Some songs I'd like them to keep: Plush, Interstate, Trippin', Wicked Garden, Sex Type Thing, Vasoline, Big Empty, Army Ants, Between the Lines, Huckleberry, Hickory, Bagman

Songs I'd like them to add: No Way Out, Naked Sunday, Pop's Love Suicide, Meatplow, Kitchenware & Candybars, Dumb Love, Wonderful

Along with most of the other new songs of course.

I'd love to see an acoustic set in the middle with songs like Wonderful, Hello It's Late, Pretty Penny, & a Dancing Days cover.