September 20, 2024, 06:33:21 AM

Author Topic: Rob Deleo Ranked in Top Ten WORST bassists of all time!  (Read 22303 times)

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Rob Deleo Ranked in Top Ten WORST bassists of all time!
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2010, 09:14:31 AM »
Robert is one of the most skilled bassist in rock today.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2010, 03:41:47 AM »
Ever since I saw this, whenever I hear an STP song, I hear the bass and I think, "That friggin' guy doesn't know what he's talking about." I mean really, Rob tries to play as few notes as possible? I think not.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

MeatPlow25

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2010, 02:08:23 AM »
Hi all I am new to the site just found this thread. I think this guy needs to realize that the Deleo's have there own sound. Just listening to the music you can almost tell there brothers. They play off each other in a really original way. The band wouldn't work with Les Claypool jumping around on stage. The key to being a good bassist is knowing whats best for the song.  Its more of the same critics bashing them while there albums selling like hotcakes. In the end STP will get the last laugh.

STTSTP

• Arrival
  • _STP_
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2010, 04:22:33 AM »
This is what I said:

First off I agree with some of your observations but there are so many over looked bass players like Les Claypool who you probably never even heard of but thank goodness you have Google as your brain. Geddy and DeLeo should not be on the 10 worst you really missed the boat there and base your opinions on other things like vocals.  Then you say "complex for the sake of being complex" WHat? It is complex and you should try and do what he is doing, His early days he was hauling a heavy bass and doing vocals keyboard and was outstanding. Deleo, then you say "Hmm, let’s see…what’s the fewest notes I can possibly play and still get paid.”  you better do better research and checkout just how many notes there are in there more complex songs but since you can't count very high with your feet I see why you are easily confused. Keep stirring the pot and get a rise out of your dopey comments.

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2010, 01:37:56 AM »
Hahaha. Wow. What a terrible article. That guy is a moron.

i agree.
" I have to return some video tapes "