September 21, 2024, 01:02:58 AM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91432 times)

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off next single
« Reply #600 on: August 22, 2010, 06:54:44 PM »
Yep, Virgin Radio has been playing Take A Load Off a good amount.  Unfortunately I haven't heard it on Live 88.5 yet.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off
« Reply #601 on: August 22, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »
A quote from Dean

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2010/08/21/entertainment/doc4c6e9c5904f3b648360248.txt

"Dean DeLeo says the latter, which he wrote, has been around since the   sessions for Army Of Anyone’s lone 2006 album. “There are a lot of   people saying, ‘That really sounds like an Army Of Anyone song’ — well,   no s***, I was in the ... band!’ ” DeLeo, 44, says with a laugh. “It   just happened to be in that time frame. If I was writing for a Stone   Temple Pilots record it would still sound the same.

“But what   happened is I demoed that song, and Rich (Patrick) wasn’t really digging   it. And I was like, ‘That’s just fine, my good friend, ’cause I know   somebody who will take a good bite out of that.’ Of course, Scott   (Weiland) did his thing; he put together the entire melody and lyric to   that. I just offered him the music, as I did with most everything on the   record.”

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 24, 2010, 02:46:05 PM »
Take a Load Off hit 500 plays this week on the FMQB listings. It sits at #21 on the Rock Playlist. In the past few months, this chart and Billboards usually mirrored each other. However, after last week, TALO climbed on FMQB's chart and dropped on Billboards. SO, the song is still climbing on FM playlists. 500 plays a week is its peak. So the song is still growing on rock stations. Why this has translated to a drop and a #30 ranking on Billboards rock charts I don't know. I wish they were in closer partnership. Certain stations are playing the song over 40 times a week, which is nuts. My station in Detriot spins it 8-10 times. Lame!

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 24, 2010, 07:17:24 PM »
i actually think TALO is a great rocker on the album its a strong song to i cant wait to hear it live if they ever do play it live.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 24, 2010, 08:54:01 PM »
i actually think TALO is a great rocker on the album its a strong song to i cant wait to hear it live if they ever do play it live.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but if they were going to play it live they would've played it a long time ago. Plus, hearing what Robert said, it doesn't sound like we'll be hearing it live any time soon.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 25, 2010, 04:29:24 PM »
I barely listen to the radio, but the other night I heard Take A Load Off on DC101 and it was awesome! Haha I was in a car with a bunch of my friends wasted as one of my buddies drove us (he was sober of course) to a bar and then all of the sudden TALO comes on and I started screaming and singing haha it was a great time to hear it on the radio
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #606 on: August 25, 2010, 07:11:32 PM »
I've been meaning to chime in for a little bit here.

That sucks that you guys haven't been getting any TALO radio play - both 92.3 and 100.7 here in Cleveland have been playing the hell out of it!  Without exaggeration, I hear it on 92 probably 3 or 4 times a day.

Don't know if maybe our DJs are just huge STP fans or if they're getting requests, or what the deal is - but it gets pleanty of attention here!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

stpforever

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 25, 2010, 07:38:09 PM »
 I love TALO, I wish 92.3 would play it more. I havent heard it as much as BTL when that came out, and I dont hear that anymore either. I think at least BTL should be a new staple in the STP rotation on the radio.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #608 on: August 25, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
I love TALO, I wish 92.3 would play it more.

I hear it a lot in the afternoon/early evening during the week - I don't do the morning shows or listen much in the evening.  :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 25, 2010, 09:37:50 PM »
One station in my area which plays new and old stuff plays TALO a couple of times a day, where as the alternative station near me(which is the more popular of the two) never gave the tune a chance but have already started to play Cinnamon

Layne&Wasp

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 25, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »
This song is still alive and kicking in Minnesota.  http://www.tunegenie.com/onair/kxxr/  93x still gets it on the waves twice in an afternoon on average. There are a few major markets keeping this single barely alive.  Its a damn shame some of the other markets have shunned it.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 30, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »
Has anyone noticed a recent TALO spike in their area. Detroit is playing this song quite a bit all of a sudden. TALO has reached an all time high 530 plays this week on Active Rock the fmqb playlist charts. It also has climbed to #21 on the Mainstream FMQB charts. I just don't get why it is dropping on Billboards charts but rising everywhere else.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 31, 2010, 03:49:05 AM »
Has anyone noticed a recent TALO spike in their area. Detroit is playing this song quite a bit all of a sudden. TALO has reached an all time high 530 plays this week on Active Rock the fmqb playlist charts. It also has climbed to #21 on the Mainstream FMQB charts. I just don't get why it is dropping on Billboards charts but rising everywhere else.

It does seem to be rising on Billboard's Mainstream Rock charts, but because I can't access that chart unless I am a paid subscriber, I can't say how much week-to-week.  I get the Mainstream Rock chart info off of Wikipedia.  Last week it was #23.  The last number I had before that was #26.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #613 on: September 02, 2010, 01:13:08 AM »
I requested TALO to my local radio station Live105, and the DJ was not only a complete asshole to me, but had no idea what the song even was.

Also, the band REALLY needs a video for this. It baffles me why there isn't one...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:14:55 AM by MrKerosene »
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 02, 2010, 01:31:35 AM »
I requested TALO to my local radio station Live105, and the DJ was not only a complete asshole to me, but had no idea what the song even was.

Also, the band REALLY needs a video for this. It baffles me why there isn't one...

Take A Load Off didn't get any support from the band, record label or fans. Never played it live, probably never going to.

It's a shame, because I love this song. It's really got a singalong chorus, which a lot of radio songs are lacking these days.

I just texted my local station about TALO since I haven't heard it yet, if they respond, I'll post their response.
Bleeda blooda