September 20, 2024, 09:36:27 PM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91429 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off next single
« Reply #570 on: August 10, 2010, 12:18:25 AM »
I feel closer to you 'ksham" lol

I like how you indicated that it got alot more plays in the last week.  Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for TALO, not to be a no.1 hit but get some decent spins so people can at least hear it once in crock radio.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 10, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
Damn if only there were a video :( Wish they would atleast do a Live Video when they start playin the song, if they play it based on the response live :)

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 11, 2010, 09:51:11 AM »
Wow, how is this for awesome. After finishing the message above, I got up, flicked on my local station and what is on?? TALO! Just like the person who posted above me experienced. Ha-ha, seriously what are the freaking odds. I am in Detroit so I know it wasn't the same station. I think TALO just had its glory moment on this board.

i heard between the lines the other day and i was like what the heck
that and plush are the only two songs that i have heard in the past year and a half.. in my lame town

:x

it made me happy though

it makes me happy they went with the cinnamon video very excited to see what they do with it

thats why i always keep my sTp collection on hand. so i can make my own station
lord knows my town needs a new one

haha

" I have to return some video tapes "

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 11, 2010, 11:36:03 PM »
Even STP themselves wont play this song .. the TALO era is over ;)

Maybe not, just heard it in the radio.  Smaller station though. all good.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:45:08 PM by wayne gretzky »

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 11, 2010, 11:57:28 PM »
There really is no excuse for not playing this song on the tour. This is a huge oversight by the band. This single is not dead and has risen this week. Wait until tomorrow. Mark my words, the song will jump up atleast 3 spots if not more when the Billboard rock charts are updated tomorrow. Play the fucking song!!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 11, 2010, 11:59:42 PM »
Maybe they just can do it live, mainly Scott.  Vocals seem very tough to pull off due to how it was produced.  Them not playing last night is prob more evidence of that fact.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 12, 2010, 12:09:51 AM »
That is my theory also. If this is true, they should have known better and not released it. Who knows what the song is capable of with a video and live performances. I am of the philosophy that all singles should be played live while they are a current single. That is like STP pulling a guy up on stage to sing the opening to D&B and letting certain people get a look at him while cheering incessantly, but before he begins to croon,in a moment of inexplicable haste, kicking him off the edge of the stage and back into the crowd while shrugging and starting a different song. Why accentuate something or someone only to prevent it or them from their full potential.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:44:08 AM by kshamrock20 »

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 12, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »
This song rose again today. It is only about 20 plays a day from hitting it's all time high. This is so weird that it has spawned a second life. It's only #24 on the rock playlistings, but it has jumped a massive amount this week. If only it could do this again next week, things could be respectful. I hope this has enough to crawl back into the Billboard top 25 today, and the band gets word of it. Hopefully seeing the resurgance would inspire them or perhaps require them to play it live.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:25:18 PM by kshamrock20 »

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #578 on: August 12, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
I am of the philosophy that all singles should be played live while they are a current single.

Agreed. If he can't pull it off live, then what's the point in releasing it as a single?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Layne&Wasp

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 12, 2010, 09:15:21 PM »
This song rose again today. It is only about 20 plays a day from hitting it's all time high. This is so weird that it has spawned a second life. It's only #24 on the rock playlistings, but it has jumped a massive amount this week. If only it could do this again next week, things could be respectful. I hope this has enough to crawl back into the Billboard top 25 today, and the band gets word of it. Hopefully seeing the resurgance would inspire them or perhaps require them to play it live.

I wouldnt say its too weird.  I've personally requested this song at least 100 (email/call) times on the 3 rock stations that play it in MN. 

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 12, 2010, 09:22:45 PM »
I have done the same. I have requested the shit out of this song in Detroit. One station airs it twice a day and no more (once between 1-3 in the am) and the other station has never played it. If you would like to email the peice of shit that refuses to support STP his email is jay@89xradio.com

SonofOdin

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2010, 07:56:29 PM »
93x here in the twin cities have been giving it decent play lately. if this song is setting at around #25 on charts....why is stp not playing it live?  only one reason....scott can't do it justice live. he can't pull it off.

Deeze

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 14, 2010, 05:05:51 AM »
I don't think it's a case of him not being able to do it live, but it may not fit the set or maybe even it being wear and tear on his voice. I defiantly think he can do it though.
AND I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH...

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 14, 2010, 05:17:51 AM »
Requests are almost a waste of time.  Radio has there rotations to play, the djs just add some stupid comments between songs. You have to contact the program director

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 15, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
The song has become stagnant again on the fmqb playlists. It isn't dropping dramatically in the active rock listings, but it also isn't gaining any plays. It has dropped down on the alternative playlist so far this weekend though. It appears to have peaked and will begin to fall soon. All in all, it has been a disappointing single. What can the band expect though? They didn't lift a finger to support it. I don't know what disappoints me more, the failure of the song on the radio (it is a great song) or the lack of effort from the band to assist it. Why take 6 years off, make a record, then release a single from it without any support. That made no sense at all.

This was the type of song that would have appeased the Core oriented audience if it could have reached them. Cinnamon will hopefully introduce STP to a younger "record buying" audience, but it appears TALO has been a failure in more ways then one. Damn shame because I love that damn song.