September 20, 2024, 07:39:21 PM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91418 times)

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off next single
« Reply #555 on: August 03, 2010, 06:50:47 PM »
I just emailed the DJ on right now at Pittsburgh's local rock Station, The X.

I haven't heard it played or seen it on the recently played list even scrolling back alot of pages.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 03, 2010, 10:37:29 PM »
I've heard it here in Nashville on several occasions ...

but we can't a tour stop (yet) ... grrrrrrrrrr ...
I got a picture of a photograph ...

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 03, 2010, 10:48:30 PM »
It just seems BS to me that this song isnt even being even chance in 90% of the markets.  I mean the major station near me played it a couple of times and it was always between 2-5 am, WTF is that about??

TALO isnt the best song in the world but its better than alot of the stuff I see on those charts.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 05, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »
Actually heard it on the radio last night on the radio .. sounded so sweet

Freely Standing

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 07, 2010, 03:48:53 AM »
Damn shame to see TALO bomb, despite being good it just never seemed single-worthy, Fast as I Can would have been a better choice for a second single.

stpforever

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 08, 2010, 01:15:16 PM »
Its an awsome song and I cant believe its come to this

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 08, 2010, 11:34:20 PM »
agree, I love this song and am totally disgusted with local radio.  I finally heard TALO on my local rock station (WRIF) last night.  I have heard it a few times on XM Alt Nation.  I am so SICK of Muse I could scream.  I just can't believe people would rather hear their second single rather than STP's.  Mind boggling.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 09, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »
I dont get it either why radio only plays it at 4am

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 09, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »
I think the problem really is lack of payola from Atlantic for this single.  No other reason why other stuff gets played SO MUCH MORE for WEEKS ON END

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 09, 2010, 10:48:45 PM »
If it is due to lack of financial backing then that is horrible. I feel like the average listener has very little input into what is being played. My local station has 3 hrs out of the day in which you can request a song and have a chance to hear it played. It is during these 3 hours where I heard TALO the most. If money was the case, I wish Atlantic had given this tune more backing. Of course, lets not forget to fault the band who took every chance to skirt publicity for the tune as well.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 09, 2010, 11:10:45 PM »
Ahh rock radio

Local station and biggest station in Canada(edge102) has TALO debuting at no.25 on there weekly top30 but the songs never gets played on there station (wait occasionally at 3 am it does). Cinnamon gets more play than TALO.
They've also all but stopped playing BTL, a song that was no.1 on there Top for 4 straight weeks

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 09, 2010, 11:35:05 PM »
I haven't heard "Cinnamon" on the radio yet, but I've heard TALO maybe 3 times. In the past week, I've heard "Sex Type Thing" and "Vasoline" which just goes to show that stations are more interested in playing old material rather than hyping the new stuff. I have heard TALO on one of the music on demand channels on TV. There's always a chance of hearing STP on Classic Alternative, Rock, or Retro Rock. I've heard "Silvergun Superman", "Big Empty", "Take A Load Off", and "Plush".

Here's to "Cinnamon", hopefully STP's key to becoming a band enjoyed by the masses.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 09, 2010, 11:56:47 PM »
I just posted how the edge102 only plays TALO @ 4am .. what do I hear about 10mins ago on the station TALO, was shocked and thougth was hearing things.

Station also promoting the STP gig in Toronto and are doing a STP saturday this sat. giving away free tickets hourly.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 10, 2010, 12:04:03 AM »
The funny thing about this song is that this week it has made a decent jump on the fmqb play listings. It peaked out at about 500 plays during a week in the middle of July. This was when it hit #25 on the Billboard charts. After that its play declined and fell all the way to about 420 plays a week this past week. I was shocked to see today that it has jumped up and hit 450 again and currently sits at #25 on the rock listing. I think it will probably jump up a few spots on the Billboard charts again. Atleast it didn't plummet and drop completely off the radar. It is fighting. The next few days will be interesting to see if it continues to climb. Odds are that it will not but who knows.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 10, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »
Wow, how is this for awesome. After finishing the message above, I got up, flicked on my local station and what is on?? TALO! Just like the person who posted above me experienced. Ha-ha, seriously what are the freaking odds. I am in Detroit so I know it wasn't the same station. I think TALO just had its glory moment on this board.