September 20, 2024, 05:39:16 PM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91415 times)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off next single
« Reply #525 on: July 25, 2010, 02:31:49 AM »
I think if most people here spent half the time requesting STP's current single as they do discussing a possible third single, they would be much more productive. If TALO drops out, there might not be another single.
I've spent a lot of money texting the radio, voting for TALO. Two texts per day hahaha didn't get it last week, let's see next Saturday :P

I (and some others) got it! :D Take a Load off debuted 26th out of 30. STP have two songs ranking on the radio, considering they have to fight for a spot with Argentinian and Latin bands too, they better bring their asses SOON over here because we are showing love
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 27, 2010, 01:32:24 AM »
Here in Toronto the main station is edge102, they played the hell out of BTL, but checking there playlist lately they hardly play it. 

Anyways checked for TALO recently and it got played but between 2 and 5 in the am.  Checked today and TALO was no where to be seen, but Cinammon was played in the mid morning.

The station has a Fearless 5@5 segment, daily,  where TALO has been there at least for 2 weeks as a selection, today i noticed that both TALO and Cinammon are on it. Heres a link if you care to check er out, click on the top5 list http://www.edge.ca/index.aspx

It this a sign of things to come? Is TALO already being pushed aside and the label is going for broke by releasing "C" trying to make the song of the summer?   Will STP play "C" on Leno?  all things to ponder ;)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 27, 2010, 02:02:53 AM »
I'm in Toronto as well. I commute in and out of town everyday, and I have heard TALO once. I see they have played Cinnamon as well, but I havent heard it.

I don't feel this album is catching on at all. If Cinnamon can save it, that's cool. I really doubt Cinnamon will do very well at all, though.

I wish this album was a monster hit. It's not.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 27, 2010, 02:04:02 AM »
I hope they aren't giving up on TALO. To be honest, it is way to early for that. The song has been moving up the charts as it charted in the top 25 on both the rock and alternative charts this past week. All of this without any promotion. I hope they make a video, play it on Leno and use this late summer tour to help sell it to radio and fans. Honestly, and I hate to say it, but I would be a bit surprised of they played it on Leno. Fingers crossed.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 27, 2010, 02:05:44 AM »
I agree. Sad to say, but I thought this album would do way better commercially then it has done. It is sad. The alternative station here in Detroit hasn't played a new STP song in 2 months. It vexes me to think how a fucking great band like this with a great album is being forsaken. I am actually really pissed about it and have let certain stations know about it.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 27, 2010, 02:13:35 AM »
Radio is in a weak state, and I usually only listen to it when Im changing cds.   

I can see the edge play more of Cinnamon then TALO.

And the poor reception the album is getting still boggles the mind a little, esp how well BTL did,  I guess people werent feeling the song.   But there is alot of great music out there that isnt selling.

oldleadbelly

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 27, 2010, 04:16:42 AM »
There is good news.  In Atlanta, over the past 2 days, the two main rock stations (99x and Project 96.1) have played TALO on average every couple of hours.  I heard it 4 times today listening intermittently.  I think Atlantic has probably picked promo back up now that they are back in the States, and in anticipation of the Tonight Show appearance.

moya moya

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 27, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »
I actually heard it on the radio for the first  time this morning! Not by the Alternative station who seems to be loyal to old STP but is totally ignoring their new stuff, but by a catch all Rock type station in a smaller market area. But at least it is getting played! I would hate to think they are shoving it aside for Cinnamon. Just can't get into that song like some of you others can. Can't wait to see what they do on Tonight Show.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 27, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »
YES!! Looks like TALO is dominating the 4-5am time slot, thats the only time ive seen it being played on the edge in T.O..  And yeah they totally baliled on BTL, looking at the playlist they havent played it for the lkast couple of days, they are playing the oldies though ... that station is so lame it hurts.

The song is a huge hit on youtube, with regards to views compared to t/other songs from the album, with more than double the views, so theyre are people that love the tune.  It has to get some more exposure.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:38:03 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 28, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »
Does anybody know how it moved on the Billboard charts this week? The charts refresh tomorrow at noon but sometimes people can find the info before hand.

I think this is an important week for the song chart wise. As long as it doesnt start dropping. I hope help is on the way tomorrow night on Leno. Hopefully, they spike interest. It needs it.

Layne&Wasp

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 28, 2010, 11:22:34 PM »
This song has great traction here in Minnesota.  It led off the freeride at 5 in my my home town which has a very good size signal and 93x out of Minneapolis has it on rotation and usually pairs it up with another STP jam.
http://www.tunegenie.com/onair/kxxr/  So, this song is all over the Minnesota airwaves. 8)

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 29, 2010, 12:29:49 AM »
I requested the hell out of it to try to get it on in Detroit this afternoon. They play it nearly everyday between 1 and 4am, but who the hell is listening then? I sent three emails from three different accounts to the same dj asking him to play it during the ride home. Of course, I didn't leave a name (as far as he knows it was three different people suddenly asking for the song). Well, it worked. He finally played it at 5:30. I wasn't listening but I saw it in their log.

We should all try this. If anybody has an email address to try to get it on in thier location post it. I and hopefully a few others can shoot a quick one sentence request to try to push it on. If it's atleast  four or five of us, it will probably work ; it worked here on a stubborn station. This song and album needs all the help we can give it.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 01, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »
As much as it pains me to say, this song will most likely meet it's demise this week. Studying the FMQB daily rock playlists, which monitor a songs  national daily play output, TALO has dropped down to #29. It is not earning nearly as many spins as two weeks ago, just as it has not been a topic of discussion in this forum. I don't understand any of it, as it is a fantastic rock song and vintage STP. It looks like it could drop right out of the Billboard top 25 this week. Numerous new releases in the past two weeks have lapped this song with ease.

The fact that the song has never been played live, did not receive a video and missed an opportunity to be played on national TV, destroyed its hopes to amount to anything. Chart this up with Hollywood Bitch and Heaven and Hotrods. This song may continue to receive airplay in certain isolated markets, but nationally, this song has already peaked. This pisses me off so much. If Cinnamon is a hit, but a true and fabulous rock song like this can't muster enough play to earn recognition, I give up on rock music.

stp080808

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 01, 2010, 05:12:44 PM »
TALO should have been released right about now, single and video simultaneously.  Releasing it while the band was on a break and rehearsing for the US tour was a huge mistake.  As much as I hate to say it, the band needs another Sour Girl right now to reinfuse interest with the general public that has benn lost since the album was released.  Rock and Alt radio in my area both ignored TALO but have apparently been playing Cinnamon sporatically.  I was really hoping for FKOM but its not looking good.  I could see a really cheesy over-the-top video for Cinnamon doing really well and bringing STP back into the picture. 
08-03-00 Spectrum
05-31-08 PNC  08-08-08 Musikfest
8-31-10  Mohegan Sun 09-03-10  The Borgata 09-05-10  PNC
08-14-11 Musikfest

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 01, 2010, 05:32:42 PM »
I am just petulant over the fact that TALO got zero help. To have a great song shunned like it was after a #1 hit is mind boggling. It never had a chance. I have never been more pissed at rock radio and its shitty listening base.