September 20, 2024, 03:30:05 PM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91411 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Take A Load Off next single
« Reply #495 on: July 17, 2010, 10:05:53 PM »
You guys are nuts.  "Fast As I Can" is the instant favorite for everyone I play the album for.  I hear them humming the chorus and they mention it's their favorite.  It would be a huge rock radio hit.

I don't think it's a bad track. I just don't think it's nothing really special either. The lyrics lack compared to Huckleberry and Hickory. The hooks are not memorable. The drumming is actually my favorite part of the song. I think it suffers from the 'It's the fastest track on the record syndrome, so it has to be one of the best and it must be released as a single!' Plus, I just think it got SO OVER HYPED when someone heard it on ESPN, and everyone jumped on the FAIC train like it was going out of style. I'm not saying it couldn't work. I'm just saying it wouldn't make a dent in sales, nor would it make me run to the record store to get the album.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 18, 2010, 12:00:16 AM »
You guys are nuts.  "Fast As I Can" is the instant favorite for everyone I play the album for.  I hear them humming the chorus and they mention it's their favorite.  It would be a huge rock radio hit.

I don't think it's a bad track. I just don't think it's nothing really special either. The lyrics lack compared to Huckleberry and Hickory. The hooks are not memorable. The drumming is actually my favorite part of the song. I think it suffers from the 'It's the fastest track on the record syndrome, so it has to be one of the best and it must be released as a single!' Plus, I just think it got SO OVER HYPED when someone heard it on ESPN, and everyone jumped on the FAIC train like it was going out of style. I'm not saying it couldn't work. I'm just saying it wouldn't make a dent in sales, nor would it make me run to the record store to get the album.

I'm in the same boat as you. It's a good song, but there are way better choices on the album. I've been listening to Huckleberry Crumble a lot, and I think it would do really well as a single. It's like a throwback song that will bring back memories in people they didn't know they had.
Bleeda blooda

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 18, 2010, 12:08:51 AM »
btw I did hear TALO on RXP this afternoon...
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2010, 07:23:37 AM »

I really like Fast as I can and actually after BTL, it's my kids (ages 9 & 5) favorite song.  I know that's not saying much but they like all that crap they play on Disney channel, Justin Bieber, etc, so it may appeal to all ages.  Of course they are jaded because they listen to A LOT of STP lol.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 07:25:09 AM by christie1991 »

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 18, 2010, 07:51:02 AM »
I agree with loungefly completely...i think it'd be a big mistake to release fast as i can as a single.

if one song on this album has lazy lyrics or a lazy hook it's this one. i just can't get over how uncreative the chorus is. you could obviously say the same thing about cinnamon, but sometimes its better to sing nothing/jibborish than anything at all i'll take "yeah come on, come on now" over "i don't know, i'm feeling oh so low, i'm feeling oh so high, why-why-why am i crying?" any day...not to mention the dreadfully repetetive "she don't even like you anymore, she don't even like you anymore, ain't no chance she loves you like before"....we get it

i like the song, don't get me wrong, but it's kind of a guilty pleasure for me that i'd play for myself in the car but not anyone else...additionally, the one time i did have this on in the car while someone else was with me, they asked me if it was buckcherry....ewwww

if they want a radio hit, cinnamon's clearly the way to go...there's a lot weaker shit on rock radio these days anyway
Wow, I never thought Fast As I Can would be considered a "guilty pleasure" by any STP fan. I'm not knocking your opinion, just surprised. As loungefly said, to each their own
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

AFH

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stonedatpompeii/
« Reply #500 on: July 18, 2010, 08:38:51 AM »
it has been said a lot of times but I think FIRST KISS ON MARS WOULD BE A KILLER SINGLE!

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #501 on: July 18, 2010, 08:44:24 AM »
so i guess its safe to assume by now that we wont be seeing a music video for this song? i find that to be a huge bummer...
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 18, 2010, 09:07:34 AM »
it has been said a lot of times but I think FIRST KISS ON MARS WOULD BE A KILLER SINGLE!

THIS
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 18, 2010, 03:53:44 PM »

THIS
+1  One of my favorite songs

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 18, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »
I agree with loungefly completely...i think it'd be a big mistake to release fast as i can as a single.

if one song on this album has lazy lyrics or a lazy hook it's this one. i just can't get over how uncreative the chorus is. you could obviously say the same thing about cinnamon, but sometimes its better to sing nothing/jibborish than anything at all i'll take "yeah come on, come on now" over "i don't know, i'm feeling oh so low, i'm feeling oh so high, why-why-why am i crying?" any day...not to mention the dreadfully repetetive "she don't even like you anymore, she don't even like you anymore, ain't no chance she loves you like before"....we get it

i like the song, don't get me wrong, but it's kind of a guilty pleasure for me that i'd play for myself in the car but not anyone else...additionally, the one time i did have this on in the car while someone else was with me, they asked me if it was buckcherry....ewwww

if they want a radio hit, cinnamon's clearly the way to go...there's a lot weaker shit on rock radio these days anyway
Wow, I never thought Fast As I Can would be considered a "guilty pleasure" by any STP fan. I'm not knocking your opinion, just surprised. As loungefly said, to each their own

maybe that was the wrong word to use...its just not the image i want the world to have of stp, if they release FAIC as a single

i think they're not even gonna release a video for TALO. with the new airplay of cinnamon i think they're gonna release a video for that instead and ride the cinnamon train
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 18, 2010, 05:34:26 PM »
The Vid for Between the Lines came very late. I hope they are still going to make a video for TALO. If not, it is an epic marketing failure. People may not watch videos on TV anymore but they most certainly do on You-Tube. Between the Lines has gotten a nice little amount of views online.

AustinCarstens

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 18, 2010, 06:25:50 PM »
honestly this may be a stretch and some of you may not agree but first kiss on mars could be the next use somebody maybe? it would've been a great summer single. maybe next summer? maybe the whole album process will be done by then already i don't know.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 19, 2010, 05:48:10 PM »
Snippet of song was played on HBO's Entourage last night.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 19, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »
I guess we'll know what STP will do when they play Leno on July 29th.

Snippet of song was played on HBO's Entourage last night.

I caught that too. It was like 5 seconds of Hickory's intro.
adhesive love

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 19, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
I think the promotion of this album has been first rate.  Cover of Spin, Cover of Billboard.  VH1 special.  Guitar Hero.  Deluxe Editions of Album.  Lots of radio play.  Songs on TV shows, ESPN, ect.  Back to back nights on Kimmel as the album dropped.  Can't say the label didn't push it.  Too bad it didn't get much traction.