September 20, 2024, 01:24:51 PM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91293 times)

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off next single
« Reply #450 on: July 07, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »
It's not on the Billboard Top 25 Rock Songs list dated 7/10/10, nor is BTL.

Locally, it's #22 on WHJY in Providence (BTL is still #13).

I don't see it on today's playlist on WAAF Boston, but FOUR STP songs were played between 6am-730pm (Vasoline, Plush, Big Empty and Sex Type Thing).

On WCCC Hartford, it's been played 1-2 times each day this week, according to their logs.

It's not being played on WPLR in New Haven from what I can see.

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 07, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »
WE WANT A VIDEO!!! ONE BLOODY GOOD VIDEO!!!! :)

I realize there are video costs, but why oh why did they not play TALO in Chicago when they taped for TV? They could have used that footage for a "live" TALO video and saved some money, plus the video would have shown their great live concert appeal too. Would have certainly helped sales.

A missed opportunity.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 07, 2010, 01:10:12 AM »
How either single isn't in the top 200 rock songs makes me want to off myself. Man, rock music sucks ass today.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 07, 2010, 02:43:24 AM »
How either single isn't in the top 200 rock songs makes me want to off myself. Man, rock music sucks ass today.

Yep. Rock music has been on a continuous downward spiral since the mid-90s.  Nu-metal was a nail in the coffin. We're just waiting for whatever's next to seal that bitch shut.
Bleeda blooda

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 07, 2010, 03:21:08 AM »
My local station has played this tune 6 times in the past two days. I called in this evening to request it, and they put me on the air and played it. That was pretty cool.

The funny part to the story was that the DJ was a sub and didn't even sound like he knew what the song was. His response was anything but reasurring. Sure enough, after about an hour, they aired my call and his hesitant ( what the hell song is that) response was edited out. After the song concluded, he came on and said "yup that is the new STP" as if he knew it all along. LOL Well, at any cost that was cool. It is getting great support on this station.

moya moya

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 07, 2010, 03:52:21 AM »

Yep. Rock music has been on a continuous downward spiral since the mid-90s.  Nu-metal was a nail in the coffin. We're just waiting for whatever's next to seal that bitch shut.

If rock music survived the hair metal thing of the 80's it will survive this.

Right?

Right guys????

Yep, my station is still not playing it. Once again, they play the hell out of old STP and support the new releases from other 90s bands. I have requested multiple times. They would probably get some play if they were touring here, just as a promotional thing, but they aren't, so they are not.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 07, 2010, 04:21:10 AM »
I'm not sure if I should start requesting TALO here yet. BTL is still ranking 6th on the radio after a month being number 1. Plus the radio doesn't work like "request a song and we might play it", so it seems I'll have to wait until they premiere Take a load off. Or start voting for Take a load off instead of BTL, but I'm gonna need more people to succeed  ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 07, 2010, 04:57:00 AM »
I live in Las Vegas (the one that matters) and I haven't heard TALO once on radio, but then again our modern rock radio stations kinda suck... representin!

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 07, 2010, 09:27:36 AM »
I just hope to god I stop hearing from non-STP fans their "interpretation" of the song title's reference.

Ugh.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 07, 2010, 02:08:05 PM »

Is there a way we can find out the new position this song has taken on the Billboard charts without waiting until tomorrow? Usually that info is made available on Tuesday.

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 07, 2010, 04:14:18 PM »
My local station has played this tune 6 times in the past two days. I called in this evening to request it, and they put me on the air and played it. That was pretty cool.

The funny part to the story was that the DJ was a sub and didn't even sound like he knew what the song was. His response was anything but reasurring. Sure enough, after about an hour, they aired my call and his hesitant ( what the hell song is that) response was edited out. After the song concluded, he came on and said "yup that is the new STP" as if he knew it all along. LOL Well, at any cost that was cool. It is getting great support on this station.

Great job dude

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #461 on: July 07, 2010, 04:34:39 PM »
Q101 in Chicago finally got it. They played it once this morning, and once yesterday, amongst the regular STP tracks (Sex Type Thing, Unglued, D & B, ILS).

I see they also have been playing Pearl Jam's 'Amongst The Waves.' That must be their next single off of Backspacer.

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 07, 2010, 06:13:10 PM »
I heard it on XM AltNation yesterday, stopped in the middle of my conversation with my boss, turned the volume way up!  She just
shook her head and walked away LOL.  Great job ksham!  I'll have to start listening to WRIF again.  I'll help you by calling & emailing too!
  Have you heard it on 89X?

stp080808

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 10, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »
Still quite disappointed in the lack of airplay in the Philly/NY area.  I texted Radio 104.5 in Philly asking them to play TALO and 40 minutes later they play Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart.  Argh!!  WRXP 101.9 in NY looks like they are playing it once or twice a day, but essentially when no one is listening, like 4 or 5am.  Just sucks that the fans pick for the next single isn't getting much of a shot around here....
08-03-00 Spectrum
05-31-08 PNC  08-08-08 Musikfest
8-31-10  Mohegan Sun 09-03-10  The Borgata 09-05-10  PNC
08-14-11 Musikfest

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 11, 2010, 01:47:01 AM »
I'm not sure if I should start requesting TALO here yet. BTL is still ranking 6th on the radio after a month being number 1. Plus the radio doesn't work like "request a song and we might play it", so it seems I'll have to wait until they premiere Take a load off. Or start voting for Take a load off instead of BTL, but I'm gonna need more people to succeed  ;D

Today when BTL ended the DJ said we can start voting for the next single Take a Load off if we want to too ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"