September 20, 2024, 11:45:57 AM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91290 times)

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off next single
« Reply #420 on: June 28, 2010, 09:26:53 PM »
As much as STP want to complain about recent failures in the singles department, I won't listen to any concerning TALO if it flops. They aren't playing the song live! End of story. There isn't anything that they can say to substantiate avoiding this song live. So stupid! Oh well, looks like it could use the exposure. Nice careless oversight STP!

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 28, 2010, 10:14:47 PM »
As much as STP want to complain about recent failures in the singles department, I won't listen to any concerning TALO if it flops. They aren't playing the song live! End of story. There isn't anything that they can say to substantiate avoiding this song live. So stupid! Oh well, looks like it could use the exposure. Nice careless oversight STP!

Come on dude, they haven't even played any shoes in America since it came out.  Let them play 2 concerts in USA first before unloading on them

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 28, 2010, 10:33:41 PM »

Come on dude, they haven't even played any shoes in America since it came out.  Let them play 2 concerts in USA first before unloading on them

why do they have to be in the USA to play a song? I'm sure they will play TALO at some point but it is kinda stupid of them to not start playing it now.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »
LOL .. you said shoes.

TALO has to be in the setlist at some point.   Maybe theyll release a diff tune overseas

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 28, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
America has nothing to do with it. My point is exposure and the lack of it. It wouldn't matter if they were playing in Africa. If you have a new single, there aren't many bands that would circumvent it in thier set. Heaven and Hotrods anyone?

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2010, 12:25:38 AM »
America has nothing to do with it. My point is exposure and the lack of it. It wouldn't matter if they were playing in Africa. If you have a new single, there aren't many bands that would circumvent it in thier set. Heaven and Hotrods anyone?

I was referring to Jim2131's reply to you.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2010, 12:56:46 AM »
Oh I know.  :) I was expounding on my point. I knew we agreed. I was replying to the comment that said it didn't matter because they weren't playing in America.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2010, 04:48:56 AM »
For what it's worth, I was over at songmeanings.net and a decent number of people were commenting on how the song was gonna be a big hit and that they were hearing it on the radio constantly. I haven't listened to any Baltimore or DC stations in ages so I have no idea if it's getting airplay around here, but it's good to see that random non-Below Empty'ers on the internet are noticing the song is getting heavy radio play and seem pretty happy about it
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Freely Standing

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2010, 05:16:48 AM »
Has TALO charted yet?

timryanokane

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2010, 04:11:27 PM »
              Here's a thought....maybe they can take out Bagman live and add Take A Load Off instead. That way they can still play their 4 new songs off the album.

8)

They should just take Bagman out of the set, period.  It works on the record in the context of the order of the album, but I do not really like it live.....  especially having seen it 3 times so.  DEFINITELY need to ass TALO into the set if it is the next single.  And how is HD not going to be a single???

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2010, 04:52:16 PM »
No way.
I love Bagman and I'd prefer to see it live over any song the band already played live, except for Huckleberry Crumble.

I wonder why am I always such a marginal. Everyone seem to hate "A Song for Sleeping", "Bagman", "MC5" and "Ride The Cliche" but these songs are either my absolute favorites or something special and dear for me.
I love Velvet Revolver and I prefer "Happy In Galoshes" over "No.4", "Tiny Music", "Purple" and "Core".

Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #431 on: June 29, 2010, 05:13:26 PM »
Thankfully my local rock station has recently added the song, though I have yet to actually hear it. http://wqlz.com/music.htm
Curt

Chips will only grow one shoulder at a time.

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 29, 2010, 07:37:26 PM »
No way.
I love Bagman and I'd prefer to see it live over any song the band already played live, except for Huckleberry Crumble.

I wonder why am I always such a marginal. Everyone seem to hate "A Song for Sleeping", "Bagman", "MC5" and "Ride The Cliche" but these songs are either my absolute favorites or something special and dear for me.
I love Velvet Revolver and I prefer "Happy In Galoshes" over "No.4", "Tiny Music", "Purple" and "Core".

It could be that you are more of a Weiland fan than an altogether STP fan. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that-Seinfeld
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »

Heaven and Hot Rods.  great point.  sigh.  come on STP!

Chewals

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
I don't really care about TALO, it's an average song at best. COME ON, HAZY DAZE!