September 20, 2024, 06:57:09 AM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91286 times)

letsburnholes

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off next single
« Reply #375 on: June 22, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »
94.5 The Buzz in Houston played it twice yesterday. Once at 9:50 PM and again at 4:00 AM in the morning. I have high hopes that the station will play this song a lot.

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 22, 2010, 04:40:16 PM »
I think there will still be a chance beyond Take a Load Off.  I'd say Hickory Dichotomy could do well because it's so unique and such a depature for the band.  I also see some (not much) potential in Fast as I can, and First Kiss on Mars.  My gut tells me that this band will release Cinnamon, and that it would do ok, but it would damage the band's rock appeal.  If this band wants to sell records, it needs to make grungy Core/Purple music.  This is what they are known for by the masses (you know the type: they go to a concert and start singing the hook to Plush after the first verse when it doesn't come in until after the second. 

They need to pull a Nickleback and stick with what works.  This isn't what I want, but its what will sell.  This is my opinion.
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
AGreed, I dont think TALOs success is the make it or break it deal some are saying.  As long as they stick around for a bit a tour behind this album its could lead to good things
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

moya moya

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 22, 2010, 08:00:58 PM »
Uggh, my local station is now playing the new Bush, but has yet to play TALO. I just don't get it.  They are extremely old STP friendly, have been playing the hell out of new PJ, AIC, and other "grunge" era bands.

I am also of the agreement that this single doing well is very important for the future success. So I keep requesting it  :-\

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 22, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »
Bush has a new song??
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 22, 2010, 08:24:33 PM »
AGreed, I dont think TALOs success is the make it or break it deal some are saying.  As long as they stick around for a bit a tour behind this album its could lead to good things

Just like with Shangri-La Dee Da after Hollywood Bitch flopped?  ;)

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:31 PM »

I don't think SLDD had much hit potential beyond Coma and Wonderful.  Could be wrong.
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 22, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
Or just like no.4 flopped after H&H was released ... oh yeah it didnt.

Problem with Shangri they released HB near the end of there run, they proabbly shouldve released WOnderful after that(which was I believe the plan) but by then it was basically all over.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 22, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »

I don't think SLDD had much hit potential beyond Coma and Wonderful.  Could be wrong.

I think Transmissions From A Lonely Room or Too Cool Queenie could have been hits.
Bleeda blooda

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 23, 2010, 01:28:19 AM »
Good news! According to the link posted earlier, STP and TALO have risen from 39 to 36. I am not sure if this updates daily or weekly. All I know is that today it sits at 36. Great to see!! It needs to keep it up!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:32:16 AM by kshamrock20 »

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 23, 2010, 03:28:14 AM »
I believe the music video will defiantly help the distribution of the single.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 23, 2010, 04:03:15 AM »
After further inspection, it looks like this site updates daily. I am fascinated with this site. We can keep daily tabs on how each single is doing. It shows the stations who spin the song on that day and how many times they spin it. Fascinating!!

Knuckles

• Soaked at Donington
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 23, 2010, 02:10:19 PM »
This thread makes me sad, and reminds me of the 90's where cd singles were a big thing.

STP always put out great singles, with cool extra tracks and cool artwork. They are still a big part of my STP collection. It's a shame. I can't add a sucky itunes download to my collection lol.
I used to love you now I don't care

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #388 on: June 23, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »

I think Transmissions From A Lonely Room or Too Cool Queenie could have been hits.

Hollywood Bitch and Too Cool Queenie had instant hit written all over them.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #389 on: June 23, 2010, 06:58:07 PM »
This thread makes me sad, and reminds me of the 90's where cd singles were a big thing.

STP always put out great singles, with cool extra tracks and cool artwork. They are still a big part of my STP collection. It's a shame. I can't add a sucky itunes download to my collection lol.

I understand the spirit of what you are saying, but dude... a radio single is what introduces the casual listener to a band's new offerings. Whether it's a broadcast radio or an internet push, a single is always going to be important. That doesn't have much to do with the 90's era of rock music.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015