September 20, 2024, 03:48:44 AM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91280 times)

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off next single
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
Itll most probably be DIYD or FKOM followed by a heavier tune (Hopefully Hazy Daze) :) TALO's a good choice :)

everylilwhore

« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2010, 10:30:25 PM »
Still think that Hazy Daze would have been a better choice.

Be interesting to see how it hits.

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2010, 06:53:49 AM »
i think Cinnamon was my favorite

that track is just STELLAR

and Samba Nova is EPIC..

all the songs remind me of a Bowie/Aerosmith kind of Perception aspect

if i had any single to pick for the new Video it would have to be Cinnamon man..
that song rocks!

" I have to return some video tapes "

Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=127989536
« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2010, 08:19:31 AM »
Great! My favorite tune off the new album. I had weights class at my high school and "Between the Lines" came on quite frequently on the radio that we pumped every day. Im pretty good friends with everyone in that class and everyone knew STP was my favorite band so they would come up to me when it came on and tell me how much they liked the new song. I wonder how they would like "Take a Load Off." Too bad I will never find out because the school year is over.
Sin makes me strong.

huckleberrycrumble78

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2010, 05:21:37 PM »
Besides BTL, TALO is the most radio friendly on the album. Hoping the next single is Huckleberry Crumble. I love that song...obviously.  :)

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2010, 05:36:11 PM »
Besides BTL, TALO is the most radio friendly on the album. Hoping the next single is Huckleberry Crumble. I love that song...obviously.  :)
so you don' think "Cinnamon" is more radio friendly?? :) guess, you were talkin bout the rockers. IMO the ENTIRE album is radio friendly as hell, in fact the most "radio friendly" they've made. Take a Load is a great tune, but not my choice fora single.
I had the midwife naked and alone

huckleberrycrumble78

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2010, 06:03:42 PM »
so you don' think "Cinnamon" is more radio friendly?? :) guess, you were talkin bout the rockers. IMO the ENTIRE album is radio friendly as hell, in fact the most "radio friendly" they've made. Take a Load is a great tune, but not my choice fora single.

I love the song Cinnamon and I agree with you 100% Comatose (Karma point for you my friend), the entire albumy is not only fantastic but it is radio friendly. However having said that I have been an STP fan since 1992 and I love everything they do. But when it comes to the newer generation of music fans I would think TALO would get more newbies into buying the new CD than Cinnamon. Just an opionion.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2010, 07:08:34 PM »
 Well coming from a different opinion here. First of all I love the heck out of Take a Load Off! (I don't like typing TALO <---looks retarded lol) But it doesn't seem like it would be a radio friendly hit. Just doesn't seem to blend well with today's radio tunes. But we'll see how it goes. I'm also a longtime fan since 92/93. Between The Lines was an obvious radio friendly tune. I'm thinking Cinnamon is more radio friendly than Take a Load Off in my opinion. As someone had said before, Cinnamon would be the Sour Girl of the new album. Sounds like some of you have already heard it on your local radio stations? Hope it does well!

8)

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2010, 09:10:59 PM »
i think Samba Nova would give off a amazing Radio-Friendly Vibe..

or first kiss on mars

those would be Amazing Singles

but Cinnamon is AMAZING

i wish they would do that for the next single
" I have to return some video tapes "

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 15, 2010, 01:14:16 AM »
So, can we expect to start hearing this tune on radio stations tomorrow or will it take a few days or perhaps weeks to break into rotation? I predict that it will not be played in Detroit tomorrow because our radio stations have been rather drab as of late.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 15, 2010, 05:43:45 AM »
i think Samba Nova would give off a amazing Radio-Friendly Vibe..

or first kiss on mars

those would be Amazing Singles

but Cinnamon is AMAZING

i wish they would do that for the next single
Not to sound like a dick, but are you serious??? Samba Nova is a great song, but it would NEVER be a single and certainly NEVER be a successful one. You have to remember, most radio listeners today seem to like Nickleback/Theory Of A Deadman bullshit...the first time they'd hear the opening to Samba Nova they'd probably start crying because the song didn't sound like Hinder. I do, however, agree that First Kiss On Mars and Cinnamon would be good choices for single. I don't know how many singles they'll end up releasing from the album once everything's said and done, but why not try putting Cinnamon out to the pop stations (cuz I don't think it'll fly on rock radio) and put First Kiss On Mars out to all radio formats? Both could potentially be hits if given the chance
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

timryanokane

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 15, 2010, 06:20:08 AM »
They seem to be going about the single selection in a very formulaic way - which I guess they need to...

joelrojas84

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »
all the opinions are different, but Take a load off is a good choice

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 16, 2010, 03:56:46 PM »
I like the song, although I’m a bit surprised it was chosen as a single.  I think they should create a ‘radio edit’ where the vocals are mixed louder during the chorus.  I remember hearing Heaven & Hotrods on the radio back in ’99 and it sounded like an instrumental due to how the vocals were mixed on the album.  Increasing the vocals a bit might make this song more ‘radio friendly’ which hopefully will produce more albums sales.     
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

joelrojas84

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 16, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »
I like the song, although I’m a bit surprised it was chosen as a single.  I think they should create a ‘radio edit’ where the vocals are mixed louder during the chorus.  I remember hearing Heaven & Hotrods on the radio back in ’99 and it sounded like an instrumental due to how the vocals were mixed on the album.  Increasing the vocals a bit might make this song more ‘radio friendly’ which hopefully will produce more albums sales.   

you know what, you're totally right