September 20, 2024, 05:31:07 AM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91284 times)

Rust

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Official Press Release for Tour / Next Single
« Reply #255 on: June 08, 2010, 11:38:49 AM »
Not my number one choice but probably the best choice all the same - if that makes sense.

For the greater good of number #1 rock singles

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Weird sound in Take a Load off
« Reply #256 on: June 08, 2010, 12:52:04 PM »
Hmm I have no problem with the "chimes" or whatever they are, I think it adds a cool aspect to the song. Maybe Artis the Spoonman is secretly performing on the track?
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 08, 2010, 12:57:56 PM »
There is a weird sound at the end too.. I noticed it playing in my car, I thought something was wrong with my car lol
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2010, 02:46:03 PM »
Hmm I have no problem with the "chimes" or whatever they are, I think it adds a cool aspect to the song. Maybe Artis the Spoonman is secretly performing on the track?

I agree.  I really like the chimes.

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 08, 2010, 03:16:46 PM »
No, it's not chimes I'm hearing.

It's at the VERY END of the song.
It's like...a banging noise (a "gonk" if you will--shout out to Howard Stern fans)
I heard it while driving and I had to turn the sound down because I thought my car was making noises.

Listen from 2:59-3:05.

capt_caveman

• Maver
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Take A Load Off
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zooind.tumblr.com
« Reply #260 on: June 08, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »

It's like...a banging noise (a "gonk" if you will--shout out to Howard Stern fans)
I heard it while driving and I had to turn the sound down because I thought my car was making noises.

I hear this at the end of the song as well, it's Dean's guitar part in the right side of the mix, all these off-timed guitar strums almost, it freaked me out the first time I heard the song. I thought it was just because of the early release, but sure enough, it's on the final as well. I've gotten used to it now, but at first??!

Anyway, glad to hear that the song's going to be a single, I love the energy and passion in this one, kinda wish that was sprinkled a little more throughout the rest of the album. I still love the album though, a very straightforward rock 'n roll set of songs, like they've been telling us all along.
Cause she could play the six string better than those macho pendejos

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 08, 2010, 03:29:42 PM »
As far as the chimes go.. When I first showed a friend TALO he was like "ugh that is a horrible web rip" when he heard the chimes come in.  I was like maybe it is but the rest of the album doesn't sound like a bad web rip.  So I get my copy from Best Buy and I get in the car and go right to TALO and there are the chimes sounding just like they did.  I like the chimes there but maybe they could have been recorded better/differently but they do not bother me.  Just wanted to share that story with y'all.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 08, 2010, 03:32:06 PM »

dude, that's what I just said HAHAHA
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 08, 2010, 03:34:01 PM »
I'm listening to the album on headphones, and i just noticed  a weird "hissy" sound at the 42 or 43 second mark on "Take a Load off". You know how you record something and then use noise reduction but overdo it to the point where it sounds like early-Real Audio files? That's what it sounds to me.

Has anybody else noticed this?
Let me preface by saying this is one of my favorite songs on the album.  That said, the band made some rookie mistakes with their first self-produced album, and this song is the worst offender on the disc. 

The sound you are hearing during that part of the chorus (0:41-1:00) sounds to me like heavy compression on Eric's cymbals.  Its the same sound you'll hear on a lot of low-quality mp3s, where the fidelity loss of mp3 really shows up.  I was hoping when the leak came out that this sound was simply part of the mp3 compression, but it unfortunately made it to the master. 

I do wonder if the band was compressing audio as they mailed it back and forth between studios. 

As for the thing at the end of the song, like capt_caveman said, its just Dean.  For an overdub guitar part though, it certainly is loud. 

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2010, 03:36:54 PM »

dude, that's what I just said HAHAHA

Whoops..yeah, you did. How did I miss that? Anyway, totally agree.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2010, 03:43:08 PM »
The sound you are hearing during that part of the chorus (0:41-1:00) sounds to me like heavy compression on Eric's cymbals.  Its the same sound you'll hear on a lot of low-quality mp3s, where the fidelity loss of mp3 really shows up.  I was hoping when the leak came out that this sound was simply part of the mp3 compression, but it unfortunately made it to the master. 

YES!!!! That is exactly what I was referring to.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #266 on: June 08, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »
As for the thing at the end of the song, like capt_caveman said, its just Dean.  For an overdub guitar part though, it certainly is loud. 

I thought that was my speaker blowing the first time around. I wonder why it is so darn loud?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »
I really hope this song doesn't go the way of Hollywood Bitch or Heaven and Hotrods, two tracks that were rockers and deserved a better reception.

I was thinking the same thing. Although, I think HB suffered due to the poor reception to Days of the Week.

I'm suprised with the pick. I think Huckleberry Crumble is a better track, but TALO has a great soaring chorus that could catch on. More importantly though, this also means that they SHOULD be playing it on the upcoming tour.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Wingless Bird

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 08, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »
Let me preface by saying this is one of my favorite songs on the album.  That said, the band made some rookie mistakes with their first self-produced album, and this song is the worst offender on the disc. 

I do wonder if the band was compressing audio as they mailed it back and forth between studios. 

At least we know that it will sound much better live  :P

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »
Good song, but I think Fast As I Can would've been a better choice.  I personally love Hucklberry but I don't think it'd sit too greatly with modern/active rock stations & listeners too much.  Classic Rock could spin the hell out of it though.

What this really means is we're one step closer to Cinnamon hitting radio by the fall.  There's no way Atlantic is going to miss the opportunity to release that song that can do very well and get plenty of radio play from both rock & pop stations.

Guess they're just emphasizing the resurgence STP as a rock band before Cinnamon hits
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18