September 20, 2024, 04:49:45 AM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91283 times)

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Official Press Release for Tour / Next Single
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2010, 12:04:40 AM »
I think this is a safe choice and is a better song than most which we are hearing on the airwaves from any newer rock artists. I hope the song takes off. I also am hopeful that Hickory will be the third single. I really like the song and feel it has a indelible quality that is hard to shake. I really hope that Hickory is not lost in the mix once this album promotion ceases.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2010, 12:06:34 AM »
It's a good track but won't be as strong as a single as Between the lines.  Hopefully First Kiss on Mars or Cinnamon will be the third single.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2010, 12:09:40 AM »
I really hope this song doesn't go the way of Hollywood Bitch or Heaven and Hotrods, two tracks that were rockers and deserved a better reception. I hope, with the current state of rock music, that this song will recieve an embrace from rock radio purists.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2010, 12:22:09 AM »
I actually didn't see that one coming. That being said, I would've preferred something like "Fast As I Can" or "Dare If You Dare".

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2010, 12:37:07 AM »
Smart choice, not the one I was expecting. It will be interesting to see how this works out for them.

SonofOdin

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2010, 12:54:17 AM »
glad about take a load off as the next single. best song on the whole album in my opinion. followed by hazy daze. dare if u dare is embarrassing. i hope they forgot they wrote that song. i wish they could've tied huckleberry crumble to the release of alice in wonderland. that song would've been perfect for the end credits of that movie. good choice though about not going to soft with their next single.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2010, 01:04:19 AM »
                                I'm not too surprised that "Take a Load Off" is going to be their next single. It's definitely a catchy tune. It will be interesting to see how it does on the radio and how rest of the world likes it. Best thing though is that they will be playing it live! That's exciting! The chorus definitely has that "Purple era" vibe to it. Maybe that will catch the audience. The song in particular though, when you listen to it, you just know its STP! Good choice as a 2nd single overall though!

8)

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2010, 01:16:47 AM »
Good choice.  Dare if you Dare should be the next single.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2010, 01:25:22 AM »
PERFECT CHOICE!!  that will represent the #1 Rock band! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree!  Take A Load Off is the best choice for 2nd single.  3rd single: Cinnamon
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:28:21 AM by Jim The Stimulator »
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2010, 01:32:10 AM »
kick ass good song we need 5 singles 5 videos alot people want first kiss on mars out next i agree.

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2010, 01:46:09 AM »
I think its a solid song! I was worried it was gonna be HC. Fast as I can will be a great single if they release it.

StereoTemplePirate

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2010, 01:56:52 AM »
Interesting.  They've been playing Huckleberry Crumble complete with a buffer before the song on Radio 92.3 in Cleveland. 

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2010, 02:21:07 AM »

I like it. Good choice. This or Huckleberry Crumble would have worked for me.

There shouldn't be too much surprise. STP asked fans to vote for their 'favorite' track on Facebook:
"Each guy has their own favorite song... so they need YOU to decide! Click the link and place your vote!!! Which Song Is Your Favorite?" ... I am pretty sure "Take A Load Off" had the lead last I checked.
adhesive love

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2010, 02:50:08 AM »
Dodged a bullet on that one, though it might be HC.  This is a great song and is absolutely 100% the best second single choice.  It will do "okay" on radio but don't expect too much.  I say the albums falls off the charts fast, maybe floats around the top 100 for 4-5 weeks.  It took me a bit, but I'm digging it however.  Only a few nagging problems (the entire Dare if you Dare chorus makes me uncomfortable, it is just, it really is awful- and I love the verses so this is such a shame; HC is just too much 70's Aerosmith and I don't even hear any STP in it until the song breaks down at the end, love the last 00:45-1:00 of it though; Bagman can be a bit too goofy) keep me from loving it.  Some great tunes on here however and I simply hope we can see a real period of creativity by the band over the next 10 years and get a few more albums.  I look forward to seeing a few of these songs live and would be thrilled if they cut some of the songs I've seen the play too many times out (I wouldn't mind losing Crackerman, STT, Dead and Bloated).  Heck, just make sure you play Trippin', ILS, Big Empty and Down every night and I'm happy, just get Scott into damn rehearsals and make him learn some different songs- I've seen most every song they've ever played live- minus the once or twice ones- so surprise me.  I know better though, it won't happen.  Within 18-24 months (assuming they are still together and all), they'll be down to one song off this album at live shows- I've seen it all before.  So much great music left unplayed because Scott Weiland doesn't seem to give a fuck ("Hey guys, lets just play the greatest hits every single night and never ever mix it up!").

Got my vinyl today.  Beautiful and crisp, loving it.

-Steven Perry

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2010, 02:52:00 AM »
Great tune, but im surprised that it the next single. .... YEAH!

Um, people theres 2 "HC" songs, you gotta clarify ... YEAH!

And wheres that SPIN review .. YEAH!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 02:57:55 AM by wayne gretzky »