September 20, 2024, 02:27:49 AM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91270 times)

Core76

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Spin.com streams "Take A Load Off"
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2010, 05:29:39 PM »
Just my opinion lol. But yes I personally do not like Tiny Music  as well as Core or Purple. Don't get me wrong two classics came off that album in Big Bang Baby and Trippin for sure. But myself it is my least favorite STP album.

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
Quote from: "Rik"
Quote from: "jermthefan"
I could have sworn that I posted the link to the stream, but the homepage clearly states: Thanks to Vaporized: Head over to Spin.com for a brand new streaming STP song, "Take A Load Off"! I must have been REALLY, REALLY high when I THOUGHT that I posted the link. LoL. Maybe if I had joined 5 years before I did I would have gotten some cred...

Hey I'm sorry about that. I was half asleep and without contacts this morning when I decided to update the news page with that item before I went to work. I fixed it now.
Thanks Rik! I wish sarcasm (or at least MY sense of humor) was a little easier to detect on the internet. I told Ivy that I was just messin' around, but you may not have known. I didn't mean to sound like a bitchy customer. LoL. You guys do such a great job giving us this forum that I would hate to sound unappreciative. Anyway, thanks again.(For everything)

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »
Quote from: "Core76"
Just my opinion lol. But yes I personally do not like Tiny Music  as well as Core or Purple. Don't get me wrong two classics came off that album in Big Bang Baby and Trippin for sure. But myself it is my least favorite STP album.

Yeah which is why STP is awesome, that others like other stuff.  SLDD and TM put Purple and Core to shame IMO

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2010, 05:36:05 PM »
Same shit seems to be going down with this, some folks who have heard the whole thing are loving, another one hates it and some are still on the fence.  

Hopefully Ill be loving this album come the 26th.
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »
Nothing i've heard yet has made me think that this is going to be my favourite STP album, I doubt anyone will ever make an album as good as Tiny Music ever again, in the whole of history to come  :D

However, it's all good shit, and this track is really excellent. This gives me the best vibes out of everything i've heard so far.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2010, 05:39:07 PM »
I think Ill be spinning some TM tonight
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »
Could be the best song ever made on a Macbook.

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2010, 06:11:01 PM »
Anyone else annoyed at the lengths of these songs? Too short.
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »
Quote from: "Rogienatural34"

Need I remind you how short most of the songs were on SLDD?  In fact, the only album I could think of where STP didn't have at least one song under 3 minutes was Core.  (I'm leaving out No Memory and Wet My Bed).
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

bobbalobba

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2010, 06:19:29 PM »
I, too am really digging this song.

However, there are a couple parts of this song that are bugging me.  During the verse when Scott does his VR-esque "aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh" backing vocal makes me cringe.  Also, the whole "take a load off - YEAH" section sounds odd and doesn't flow great like the rest of the song does.

Don't get me wrong.. I am realllllly liking this song. But one of my biggest peeves is when a song is only a "ahhhhhh" or a "YEAH" away from being perfect.

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2010, 06:25:28 PM »
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"

Need I remind you how short most of the songs were on SLDD?  In fact, the only album I could think of where STP didn't have at least one song under 3 minutes was Core.  (I'm leaving out No Memory and Wet My Bed).

and a lot of the songs on Core were WAY too long.

RangerJim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • My band website:
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2010, 06:32:06 PM »
Quote from: "Garrett"

Yeah but I prefer the longer songs especially if they have some excellent guitar riffs in them like the whole Core album does.  Then again I do like the shorter tunes usually because they'll(Dean & Rob) incorporate some superb melodic bridge which will occur 1:45'ish in the song.
Sophisticated yet different, without making a fuss about it.

Rogienatural34

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2010, 06:38:11 PM »

Fully understood.  You're absolutely right.

Not sure if its relevant, because this album only carries 12 tracks ( i think this is still on par with the others)...but this is their shortest running time to date. No. 4 and Tiny Music are close, but this one has them beat.  

I guess what bothers me, if I really try to cut to the core of it, is that there doesn't seem to be much parity in song length.  That could be a good thing in that the album is tight and crisp.   But it bothers me that there's only one lengthier song (vague I know) in Maver at 4:52.  Just me.
"This song is called lounge fly, and there\'s a lounge, and there\'s a fly in it"

Scott - 8/15/08

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2010, 06:40:34 PM »
Quote from: "Garrett"

My only problem with Core :D

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
My first time listening to the song I felt like I'd heard it a million times. It has a familiar feeling, especially since it's like the bastard child of Army of Anyone and "Transmissions from a Lonely Room". I love the song, though, not my favorite.