September 20, 2024, 02:33:09 AM

Author Topic: Take A Load Off  (Read 91272 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Spin.com streams "Take A Load Off"
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2010, 02:35:53 PM »
If you can narrow down to everyone what is STPs sound please let us know.

And I think the guys who wrote AOA songs are in STP?

letsburnholes

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: Take A Load Off
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »
I love this song. I think some of you guys are being overly critical. When I listen to music, I hear the song for what it is, I don't get all bent out of shape on things like auto-tune and re-used riffs. The first thing I thought when I heard this track was, "DAMN! STP IS BACK!"

I couldn't be happier. The chorus in this song knocks me out each time, it's so freakin beautiful. "Yeah, it's alright, as we mosey on into the night."

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
I think I like this song so much is because Dean has the chorus effect on his guitar that was so prominent from core-purple. I LOVE that sound, no one else really has that distorted chorus sound.

While the verses have that tiny music guitar sound to me.

I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THIS!!

This is the first track off the new album that I have not been able to stop listening too.  I've really enjoyed the other previewed tracks, but I've listened to Take a Load off about 20+ times in a row (I can't say the same for the other songs, except maybe BTL)  I agree, I cannot get enough of this song...
Sin make me strong.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »
Also, I believed Dean mentioned that he wrote additional songs for AOA but they didn’t fit with Richard Patrick (for whatever reason).  So it makes sense that some of the music may sound like AOA since it was written during that time period.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

facepollution

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2010, 02:54:36 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"
They completely took pieces of previously released Army of Anyone music again.

9 years and we basically have some Army of Anyone music being re-used, an Aerosmith song ripoff mixed in with some other not true STP.

If I had 9 years to write, I would think that I could write new material and I would sure as hell hope that someone around me would go "hey man, that sounds a lot like what we did here...or they did here...etc"

I am hoping the rest of what I have not heard is more unique and actual STP.

They haven't been writing it for 9 years though have they?

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2010, 02:56:31 PM »
Damn I cant stream this at work. Anyone want to MP3 a newbie?

And why are people are suprised when these songs have similiarities to past songs that Rob/Dean have written before?
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2010, 02:57:46 PM »
Quote from: "facepollution"

9 years and we basically have some Army of Anyone music being re-used, an Aerosmith song ripoff mixed in with some other not true STP.

If I had 9 years to write, I would think that I could write new material and I would sure as hell hope that someone around me would go "hey man, that sounds a lot like what we did here...or they did here...etc"

No.  And in three weeks, Sean will love the entire album, anyway.   :D   Let him be pessimistic and fickle for now.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »
Quote from: "letsburnholes"
The first thing I thought when I heard this track was, "DAMN! STP IS BACK!" I couldn't be happier. The chorus in this song knocks me out each time, it's so freakin beautiful. "Yeah, it's alright, as we mosey on into the night."
exactly, I was blown away first listen.

When I heard the preview clip, I thought to myself that the chorus was going to be quite good. I wasnt wrong  ;D

Quote from: "Suffer_Long"
This is the first track off the new album that I have not been able to stop listening too.  I've really enjoyed the other previewed tracks, but I've listened to Take a Load off about 20+ times in a row (I can't say the same for the other songs, except maybe BTL)  I agree, I cannot get enough of this song...
Yah same here, I love the other songs we have heard...but this song is quite good in my book. I keep playing it non stop.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2010, 03:02:13 PM »
Anyone want to PM their favorite Gurl an MP3?   ;)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »

haha... you might be slightly disappointed then.
Take it.

Silvergun132

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2010, 03:06:01 PM »
This song is fucking awesome

everylilwhore

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
If you can narrow down to everyone what is STPs sound please let us know.

And I think the guys who wrote AOA songs are in STP?

I obviously know that Robert and Dean were in both bands. My point was, that after so long between records (and these guys all saying they are always writing in some form or another), that they wouldn't need to tap into a sound that is recognizable like that.

Hope on my part; after all this time I was expecting to hear more variation, instead of reaching into a vault that they have of previously unused music and catering it to this new album.

If you are cool with waiting this long, and then being fed a song that is a total ripoff of Aerosmith, and then a few tunes that totally take away from AOA songs that were on their CD (not left overs)....that is completely fine; I am simply saying that it disappoints me, and I am damn sure that I am entitled to that feeling.

everylilwhore

« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Quote from: "facepollution"

No.  And in three weeks, Sean will love the entire album, anyway.   :D   Let him be pessimistic and fickle for now.

Apparently you haven't been a part of what I have been saying then about all the songs I have heard to date.

Call me pessimistic, call me fickle; been called a lot worse, but I stand by what I have said so far.

Core76

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »
LMAO!!!  Get em tiger !!!!

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2010, 03:54:36 PM »
Whats "actual" STP?

Havent heard "Take a Load Off" but Isnt Between the Lines "actual STP" enough for you?

Hickory and Bagman are unique and original from anything theyve done before,  no?

And Huckleberry has that 70's aerosmoth vibe, which you might not like(i wasnt to crazy about it a first either) but has that classic sound and again a song unlike STP has done before.

So whats grinding your grears again?
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"