September 25, 2024, 05:30:18 PM

Author Topic: STP @ VH1's "Friday Night Alright"  (Read 29877 times)

morcegohoman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP @ VH1's "Friday Night Alright"
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2010, 08:31:31 PM »
I guess tonight's broadcast is A FULL HOUR, as opposed to VH1's 1/2hour.
(Whoops, previously posted).

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2010, 09:32:17 PM »
I love the screen effect used during "Interstate Love Song". Brings to mind the video to the song, which happens to be my favorite STP video.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2010, 09:40:26 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
I love the screen effect used during "Interstate Love Song". Brings to mind the video to the song, which happens to be my favorite STP video.
the one during LF is amazing... it is like a marble in a maze
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »
I hope someone will upload it for those of us who don't have VH1
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »
Rik- I have a Dish Network HD DVR with a USB slot.  I've never transfered any files off of it before, but I'll certainly try.  Then hopefully I can upload the file for someone who knows how to convert it for everyone to watch.

** If anyone has any tips to help me do this, I'd appreciate it.  I think I'll be able to figure it out on my own, but I may come back here for help / advice.
Sin make me strong.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
Quote from: "STP92"
the one during LF is amazing... it is like a marble in a maze

Crackerman backdrop was my favorite.  Weren't those scenes from The Road Warrior?
Sin make me strong.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2010, 11:32:57 PM »
Quote from: "Suffer_Long"
Rik- I have a Dish Network HD DVR with a USB slot.  I've never transfered any files off of it before, but I'll certainly try.  Then hopefully I can upload the file for someone who knows how to convert it for everyone to watch.

** If anyone has any tips to help me do this, I'd appreciate it.  I think I'll be able to figure it out on my own, but I may come back here for help / advice.

Thanks so much for trying! Does your DVR have a menu that allows you to do "file management" on recorded parts? My experience with DVR's is that the file management menu will let you copy recorded parts to USB. Depending on the manufacturer of the DVR these can be pretty straightforward menus or frustratingly complicated ones. Hope you get an easy one. Let us know if you run into any trouble with it.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2010, 11:44:30 PM »
Quote from: "Rik"
Quote from: "Suffer_Long"

Thanks so much for trying! Does your DVR have a menu that allows you to do "file management" on recorded parts? My experience with DVR's is that the file management menu will let you copy recorded parts to USB. Depending on the manufacturer of the DVR these can be pretty straightforward menus or frustratingly complicated ones. Hope you get an easy one. Let us know if you run into any trouble with it.

I just did a little research.  I have a Dish Network VIP 622 HD DVR.  It does not sound like this is an easy / friendly process.  Here's a discussion about the topic about my model DVR in an AV forum: http://http://www.highdefforum.com/dish-network-forum/48345-vip-622-usb-connection.html

It sounds like there's a $40 charge to enable the external hard drive port (I have no issue paying that), and the DVR formats your external hard drive so that it can't work with a PC afterwards (I can pick up a cheap XHD to use specifically for this purpose).  However, it sounds like transferring the file to a PC is either very difficult or impossible.  I saw some other discussions that talked about using a Linux PC to do a work around, but I run Windows.  

I'm definitely willing to spend a little cash and go through a little hassel if I know this would work.  Either way, I'm recording the show and I'll have it saved while I try to figure this out.  If any BE members want to to some independent research and find a way to do this, please let me know.
Sin make me strong.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2010, 01:58:34 AM »
is it just MY cable provider but the digital single for Palladia is fucked up right now.
WTF?
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

guvnagrover

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2010, 02:03:06 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
is it just MY cable provider but the digital single for Palladia is fucked up right now.
WTF?

Must be the cable provider - it's playing as I type....
"Skin is smooth I steal a glance...Dragon flies 'er' gliding over"

"Cause she could play the six string, Better than those macho pendejos...Oh Maver..."

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2010, 02:31:33 AM »
still no signal...cablevision can suck it  >:(
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2010, 02:32:48 AM »
I am loving all the subtle changes within the songs that I couldn't hear live because of being up front. There are some nice little changes that the band and Scott made. I love how he sang Plush. Dean does some sweet Harmonic run towards the end of Sex Type that really cought my ear last night. Eric's drums sound very tight on this recording. The mixing is outstanding.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2010, 02:45:17 AM »
Did some people say this show was a bad show originally? Based of the recording which I am sure was cleaned up a bit, it sounds incredible. Scott sounds fantastic.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2010, 02:54:35 AM »
I was led to believe that this show was heavily doctored to get Scott's voice on par just to salvage the performance. Same case with the live versions on the record (vaso, btl, and hd).
adhesive love

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2010, 03:04:08 AM »
I wonder how they were able to make him sound as good as he did then. The performance sounded fantastic.