September 25, 2024, 07:16:50 PM

Author Topic: STP @ VH1's "Friday Night Alright"  (Read 29881 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP @ VH1's "Friday Night Alright"
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2010, 03:13:00 AM »
Quote from: "Casper"
I was led to believe that this show was heavily doctored to get Scott's voice on par just to salvage the performance. Same case with the live versions on the record (vaso, btl, and hd).

I seriously doubt they heavily doctored the whole thing. There were one or two songs that had timing issues that they needed to salvage, but other then that I seriously doubt that they sat there auto-tuning the whole performance. I deffinitely heard him go off key once or twice.

And we've all got to remember, from soundboard to computer to dolby digital sounds a lot better than soundboard to PA system to bootlegers video camera.

Also, if I recall correctly, Chicago was regarded as one of the better shows earlier this year.

Maybe I'm just living in a fantasy land, but I don't think they modified it too much. They definitely altered some of it, but I don't believe all of it.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2010, 04:07:56 AM »
Wow the HD makes a huge difference I am watching on my DVR right now!  OOOH There's me!  This is soo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2010, 04:15:47 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "Casper"
I was led to believe that this show was heavily doctored to get Scott's voice on par just to salvage the performance. Same case with the live versions on the record (vaso, btl, and hd).

I seriously doubt they heavily doctored the whole thing. There were one or two songs that had timing issues that they needed to salvage, but other then that I seriously doubt that they sat there auto-tuning the whole performance. I deffinitely heard him go off key once or twice.

And we've all got to remember, from soundboard to computer to dolby digital sounds a lot better than soundboard to PA system to bootlegers video camera.

Also, if I recall correctly, Chicago was regarded as one of the better shows earlier this year.

Maybe I'm just living in a fantasy land, but I don't think they modified it too much. They definitely altered some of it, but I don't believe all of it.

I was really pleased with the way Scott sounded, it was fantastic.  It was much better than when I saw them in KC.  I agree, they doctored it up some, but overall Scott just sounded great.

I've been Googling and reading a bunch of AV forums, and I still haven't found a sure fire way to get around my DVR's encryption and formatting.  I'd really love to upload this thing for everyone here if no one else is able to do it.  However, I'm not sure it's possible.
Sin make me strong.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »
I was at the show also, and it doesn't really seem that heavily doctored.  The one thing they did edit for sure was shortening that little break in Sex Type Thing.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2010, 06:29:16 AM »
Damn you guys.......you all have recordings and can you put in a little BE love and get these uploaded.   Find the model number pvr you have and google how to extract the video.  I've done it for years even with dishnet 921 encrypted models.   The hardest one I had to do was take the cover off and hook the hard drive from the pvr up to my computer and boot my computer and fire up this program called dishrip . It automatically finds the pvr dvr hard drive and shows you all the shows on it recorded and you can select which ones to extract to the hard drive.  You can also pick curtain formats such as mpeg2,avi and wmvhd .
  Get on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hawk.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2010, 08:37:10 AM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
Damn you guys.......you all have recordings and can you put in a little BE love and get these uploaded.   Find the model number pvr you have and google how to extract the video.  I've done it for years even with dishnet 921 encrypted models.   The hardest one I had to do was take the cover off and hook the hard drive from the pvr up to my computer and boot my computer and fire up this program called dishrip . It automatically finds the pvr dvr hard drive and shows you all the shows on it recorded and you can select which ones to extract to the hard drive.  You can also pick curtain formats such as mpeg2,avi and wmvhd .
  Get on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hawk.

I'm so thankful for those who do upload or at least put in some effort to try, but yeah as I mentioned before I kinda miss the "drive" in general on the board for people to get stuff out. Maybe it's because people expect that someone else will do it or that it will get on YouTube eventually. But personally, I much prefer solid quality files over the compressed mp4's from YT. If only I lived in the U.S. and had access to all this great stuff.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2010, 09:05:33 AM »
Quote from: "Suffer_Long"
I just did a little research.  I have a Dish Network VIP 622 HD DVR.  It does not sound like this is an easy / friendly process.  Here's a discussion about the topic about my model DVR in an AV forum: http://http://www.highdefforum.com/dish-network-forum/48345-vip-622-usb-connection.html

It sounds like there's a $40 charge to enable the external hard drive port (I have no issue paying that), and the DVR formats your external hard drive so that it can't work with a PC afterwards (I can pick up a cheap XHD to use specifically for this purpose).  However, it sounds like transferring the file to a PC is either very difficult or impossible.  I saw some other discussions that talked about using a Linux PC to do a work around, but I run Windows.  

I'm definitely willing to spend a little cash and go through a little hassel if I know this would work.  Either way, I'm recording the show and I'll have it saved while I try to figure this out.  If any BE members want to to some independent research and find a way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks for looking into this and trying! I checked out some documentation on that model and it seems to me like it's fairly impossible because of the encryption of the external harddrive. I would not spend the $40 at this time, cause as far as I'm concerned, there's no "safe" way of getting to the actual video files once they're on the encrypted harddrive.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2010, 02:23:57 PM »
I tried to plug a usb cable into my DVR box and went into the settings but there is nothing...
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2010, 02:40:36 PM »
Wow... this show was great.  Scott hasn't sounded that good in years.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2010, 04:10:22 PM »
Quote from: "Rik"
Quote from: "hawk900"
  Get on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hawk.

I'm so thankful for those who do upload or at least put in some effort to try, but yeah as I mentioned before I kinda miss the "drive" in general on the board for people to get stuff out. Maybe it's because people expect that someone else will do it or that it will get on YouTube eventually. But personally, I much prefer solid quality files over the compressed mp4's from YT. If only I lived in the U.S. and had access to all this great stuff.

Yeah I know Rik it's a shame because if I had a pvr/dvr I would spent alll night extracting it for all of us here. I've been constantly checking other sites like dime and demonoid etc. but nothing.
 Why where are you at??? I'm in butt fuck Canada right across from Detroit where the tv programming is controlled by the lamest of the lame who has to put a canada sticker on every channel. eg espn canada.  There is one MTV and it broadcasts like a general schedule of programming. It's not MTV or MTV2 it's MTV dot ca.  I used to have it all for free here. DirectTV,Dishnet and since they upped their smart cards enc. its not possible anymore. there is something called card sharing that lets you log into an american server that broadcasts their subscription but is not a true source or hack shall we say. We need a US address,driver's license and credit card to subscribe.  I have bell expressvu with limited programming.    eg. I can stay up all night and smoke crack if I want to watch the Winnepeg,Alberta city coucil meeting rebroadcast for 4hours. So you know that I won't be buying any crack then. LOL..
 Please somebody help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hawk needs a fix.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »
Hawk if you can tell me how to do it, I will gladly take it off my dvr.. when I plug in the usb drive it lights up so I know the usb is active... I dont have just a plain usb cable but maybe I can borrow one from work for the night and see what I can do.. hold tight guys I know how frustrating it is when u cant see what everyone is talking about, and it is totally worth watching..audio and vid are FAB

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »
Yeah I would gladly upload it, I just don't know how to and it's my roomate's not mine.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2010, 07:00:40 PM »
If you guys can give me your model numbers and which television provider......eg. shaw,dishnet,dtv ,etc.    I can work with you guys and help ya get it to us.  
  I'll check back every 30mins to wait for an update from you two.
Thanks.....we can do this!!!!!!!!!
Hawk.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2010, 07:11:47 PM »
Hawk.

I have a Pace HD-DVR Recorder This was on the front of the box: TDC778X

Provider: Armstrong Cable
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2010, 08:14:03 PM »
captured both the 30 & 60 minute versions... phenomenal footage.