September 19, 2024, 07:54:02 PM

Author Topic: Cinnamon single released on radio  (Read 45880 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Cinnamon single released on radio
« Reply #285 on: December 13, 2010, 06:18:04 PM »
Scott, that was exactly my point ;)

Well, some of us got it atleast :)
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 14, 2010, 12:58:18 AM »
Justin Beiber wrote Cinnamon for STP.
Well.... if Bieber can write those bass lines I must admit I was totally underestimating him

hes most likely referring to the lyrics
I know... I was hoping that someone realize that "attacking" Cinnamon for the lyrics is like saying The Beatles' "Twist and Shout" sucks for the same reason (just to name one example)

I think that's what alot of people don't 'get' about Cinnamon. The lyrics are meant to be simple, more straight foward since it's a pop song. Good analogy with Twist and Sound BTW.

no way you can compare this to twist and shout at all bc twist and shout is just a song the beatles covered... it was originally written by Phil Medley and Bert Berns

???

But if you want to I'll rephrase

I know... I was hoping that someone realize that "attacking" Cinnamon for the lyrics is like saying Phil Medley and Bert Berns "Twist and Shout" sucks for the same reason (just to name one example)

Or

I know... I was hoping that someone realize that "attacking" Cinnamon for the lyrics is like saying The Beatles "I wanna hold your hand" sucks for the same reason (just to name one example)

Scott, that was exactly my point ;)

well it was an inacurate statement originally when you compared cinnamon to a cover song... that would be like someone saying the new soungarden single black rains lyrics are as simple as the stone temple pilots song  dancing days lyrics

apparently you didnt know twist and shout was a cover song to begin with but blehhhh who cares why drag it on right? lol
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »
well it was an inacurate statement originally when you compared cinnamon to a cover song... that would be like someone saying the new soungarden single black rains lyrics are as simple as the stone temple pilots song  dancing days lyrics

apparently you didnt know twist and shout was a cover song to begin with but blehhhh who cares why drag it on right? lol

I did not know it was a cover (but that's perfectly fine with me, I've never been a Beatles fan).
Doesn't matter who wrote the song, because I was comparing the lyrics, not writers skills and that's what you seem not  seeing.
You can call it an "inaccurate statement" if you want for Beatles part, but you can't say the songs can't be compared lol
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"