September 19, 2024, 11:46:37 PM

Author Topic: Cinnamon single released on radio  (Read 45891 times)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon single released on radio
« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2010, 03:24:51 AM »
#2 HuckleberryCrumble should have been and hopefully the fourth single.
I think if this was their second single, the album would have done better. First they were playing it live unlike TALO and second, when played live, it was well received.
adhesive love

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 08, 2010, 04:45:17 AM »
Justin Beiber wrote Cinnamon for STP.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #272 on: December 08, 2010, 06:08:58 AM »

or the spice girls

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
Well.... if Bieber can write those bass lines I must admit I was totally underestimating him
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2010, 04:03:47 PM »
Well.... if Bieber can write those bass lines I must admit I was totally underestimating him

hes most likely referring to the lyrics

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2010, 12:16:23 AM »

I know... I was hoping that someone realize that "attacking" Cinnamon for the lyrics is like saying The Beatles' "Twist and Shout" sucks for the same reason (just to name one example)

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2010, 01:10:49 AM »
i dont like this song at all but id still like it to be a success for the sake of stp... but looks like atlantic is failing  to promote it... ive heard it on the radio everyday the last week ... nows the time to put out the music video for it thtas already been made a couple of weeks ago or whenever and put it on youtube so its popularity can grow further

dont shelve the music video put it out already!
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »

I know... I was hoping that someone realize that "attacking" Cinnamon for the lyrics is like saying The Beatles' "Twist and Shout" sucks for the same reason (just to name one example)

I think that's what alot of people don't 'get' about Cinnamon. The lyrics are meant to be simple, more straight foward since it's a pop song. Good analogy with Twist and Sound BTW.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2010, 05:17:09 PM »

I think that's what alot of people don't 'get' about Cinnamon. The lyrics are meant to be simple, more straight foward since it's a pop song. Good analogy with Twist and Sound BTW.

no way you can compare this to twist and shout at all bc twist and shout is just a song the beatles covered... it was originally written by Phil Medley and Bert Berns

but i think that fussing over cinnamon is really irrelevant considering atlantic has blown what should have been a massive hit... likely to have been a crossover

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »
but i suppose its still not too late.. been hearing cinnamon daily for about exactly a week now

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2010, 08:28:38 PM »
^^where?
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2010, 09:26:32 PM »

no way you can compare this to twist and shout at all bc twist and shout is just a song the beatles covered...

What does that have to do with the comparison? They are both simple, upbeat songs with pretty basic, straight-forward lyrics.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »
I've mentioned this back in May, but since there are new people who insist on shitting on this song, I'll mention it again:

I don't care if you hate the song. That's fine...everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I can't stand the comments being made about the song being written by Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber, and all the other Disney pop. But again, you all are entitled to your own opinions (although the Beiber joke is really stale now).

However, two things that really piss me off are the generalization of people who do enjoy the song and the fact that people who've already stated their stance on the song have to keep coming back and shitting on it. Just because someone likes the song doesn't mean that they like Disney pop. Like loungefly said, I like the song for it's simplicity. Not every song has to have deep, intricate lyrics to be considered good. As for the people who keep harping on "how bad the song is", we get it, you don't like the song, shut up!

I will now step off the soapbox.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 11, 2010, 05:11:49 PM »

no way you can compare this to twist and shout at all bc twist and shout is just a song the beatles covered... it was originally written by Phil Medley and Bert Berns

???

But if you want to I'll rephrase

I know... I was hoping that someone realize that "attacking" Cinnamon for the lyrics is like saying Phil Medley and Bert Berns "Twist and Shout" sucks for the same reason (just to name one example)

Or

I know... I was hoping that someone realize that "attacking" Cinnamon for the lyrics is like saying The Beatles "I wanna hold your hand" sucks for the same reason (just to name one example)

Scott, that was exactly my point ;)