September 20, 2024, 07:38:22 AM

Author Topic: Cinnamon single released on radio  (Read 45905 times)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon single released on radio
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2010, 07:09:44 PM »
Hell no it aint filler!!!  This song took me the longest of all the rockers to get into but now I crank this shit when it comes up.  Not sure how it would do on radio but who knows exactly what would do on radio, alot of people thought BTL would do nothing and it dominated the rock charts.

Curious to see how TALO will do.
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2010, 07:27:09 PM »
It's released to radio next week: http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=16770
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
Take a Load Off is good, but I'm surprised it wasn't either Huck C or Hick D. I think those are two of the best songs on the album and they have been played live. From what I've seen, the crowds have been into those two songs. First Kiss on Mars or Maver must be released as a single. I like Maver better, but either would do.
--Rob--

Pruno

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2010, 08:49:33 PM »
Great news that Take a Load Off is next...  I can't get the chorus out of my head, and the refrain, too for that matter.  Classic mid-tempo STP.  Maybe the record company is listening to fan feedback - did Take a Load Off win that Facebook poll of favorite songs from the album? 

MartyMcFly

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2010, 09:13:49 PM »
Atlantic will make a huge mistake if Fast As I Can isnt released sometime

I will be the first to say that Fast As I Can is the most overrated track on the album so far among the BE community. Everyone is gushing over the track, and I just don't see it. It certainly rocks and is the most up-tempo track, but I don't find it near half as memorable or marketable as Huckleberry or Hickory. IMO, it's just a filler rocker, nothing more and nothing less. If it were a single, it would chart poorly.

I completely disagree. I feel like Fast As I can is much more marketable than Huckleberry or Hickory because it has a more mainstream sound. HC and HD have more classic rock/country feels to them. The fact that that a lot of people in the BE community love it shows that it has a chance to get off the ground. I personally think the band is sitting on a top 10 rock single in Fast As I Can. Fast As I Can and Take a Load off are the most classic STP sounding songs on the album. I absolutely love the bridge and chorus of FAIC. The verses are a little sketchy but the song has such a great overall feel to it.

I understand that you don't like the song but it certainly isn't a filler if it has been played on ESPN and so many people are in love with it. There's only a handfull of songs that have been exposed to the public via TV and Radio and FAIC is one of them, it definately isn't a filler.
You can hunt for the hunter...he's got no where to hide

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2010, 05:31:07 PM »
Atlantic will make a huge mistake if Fast As I Can isnt released sometime

I will be the first to say that Fast As I Can is the most overrated track on the album so far among the BE community. Everyone is gushing over the track, and I just don't see it. It certainly rocks and is the most up-tempo track, but I don't find it near half as memorable or marketable as Huckleberry or Hickory. IMO, it's just a filler rocker, nothing more and nothing less. If it were a single, it would chart poorly.

I completely disagree. I feel like Fast As I can is much more marketable than Huckleberry or Hickory because it has a more mainstream sound. HC and HD have more classic rock/country feels to them. The fact that that a lot of people in the BE community love it shows that it has a chance to get off the ground. I personally think the band is sitting on a top 10 rock single in Fast As I Can. Fast As I Can and Take a Load off are the most classic STP sounding songs on the album. I absolutely love the bridge and chorus of FAIC. The verses are a little sketchy but the song has such a great overall feel to it.

I understand that you don't like the song but it certainly isn't a filler if it has been played on ESPN and so many people are in love with it. There's only a handfull of songs that have been exposed to the public via TV and Radio and FAIC is one of them, it definately isn't a filler.

I never said I didn't like the track. I just didn't think it lives up to the hype that everyone gives it. Secondly, Huckleberry and Hickory IMO have much better hooks and much more memorable choruses, thus making them single material. I don't think FAIC has that. FAIC certainly has a country rocker vibe to it as well. It's just much more up-tempo the the other tracks. Just because it's up-tempo doesn't mean it's a great track nor automatically single material. Yeah, I get that it's gotten exposure on ESPN, but how much exactly? 10-15 seconds as a background track? That doesn't translate to anything sales related, nor does it give anyone any indication that it would be a single.

It kind of reminds me of MC5 from No.4 in a sense. Decent track, but you everyone is just holding out to hear the epic closer Atlanta. For me, it's a solid rocker, but I'm just anticipating listening to First Kiss From Mars and Maver.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Freely Standing

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
At least we're getting a new single, it's coming 2 weeks before I expected.

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2010, 02:46:44 AM »
I also feel like the song titles for Hickory Dichotomy and Huckleberry Crunch would be a detriment.Sure, they're unique and there's really no other song titles out there like them, but I feel like the general public would see them and think "Weird!" and not give them a chance. I'm glad it's TALO.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

joelrojas84

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2010, 07:59:29 PM »
hummm, take a load off, never crossed my mind

vasolinegirl

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2010, 08:14:32 PM »
I also feel like the song titles for Hickory Dichotomy and Huckleberry Crunch would be a detriment.Sure, they're unique and there's really no other song titles out there like them, but I feel like the general public would see them and think "Weird!" and not give them a chance. I'm glad it's TALO.

Huckleberry Crumble not Crunch  ;)

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2010, 02:12:51 AM »

Huckleberry Crumble not Crunch  ;)

Sorry, I was just thinking to myself that I might like to have a breakfast cereal called Huckleberry Crunch...

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2010, 01:10:06 AM »
safe to say this album wont have another hit? that makes me very sad...
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2010, 01:26:48 AM »

I think Cinnamon will have a bigger impact on the radio than Between The Lines did.
Bleeda blooda

roomonfire125@aim.com

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2010, 07:06:42 AM »

I think Cinnamon will have a bigger impact on the radio than Between The Lines did.

oh for sure. good call. Its got enough originality to make it the stand out single of the record.. If they even release another one after Cinnamon.

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2010, 05:04:09 AM »

I don't know... I thought so before I saw them play it live. The crowd didn't really seem to respond to it. Time will tell.