September 20, 2024, 11:45:33 AM

Author Topic: Cinnamon single released on radio  (Read 45916 times)

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon single released on radio
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2010, 01:57:43 AM »
I don't know really about some people's request for more on "first kiss on mars" I just really love the song and agree it defiantly has potential to be a single. However I think "fast as I can" would be a near perfect single. With some optimism I would say that it could do as well or better than "between the lines"

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2010, 02:34:09 AM »
After TONS of listening, I can finally say I think Fast as I Can should be the single. It just has such a great STP vibe, while at the same time being radio friendly, and I think the masses will love it.
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2010, 04:17:50 AM »
I'm not really sure what song would be a great single.  Honestly it took me a while to love BTL (which I really like now) and it did great as a single.  Most of the songs on the album are great, but IMO are maybe missing something that will really catch the radio listener.  I think First Kiss On Mars has potential as the last single.  I just wish Scott did a little more with the "Reel over" part because the rest of the song is amazing.  Anyone else feel the same way about "reel over"?

I agree with you on FKOM being the final single, but I've no problems with the chorus.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2010, 05:42:22 AM »
I'm not really sure what song would be a great single.  Honestly it took me a while to love BTL (which I really like now) and it did great as a single.  Most of the songs on the album are great, but IMO are maybe missing something that will really catch the radio listener.  I think First Kiss On Mars has potential as the last single.  I just wish Scott did a little more with the "Reel over" part because the rest of the song is amazing.  Anyone else feel the same way about "reel over"?

I agree with you on FKOM being the final single, but I've no problems with the chorus.

I agree with you. No problems with the chorus. While I'm sure Scott could have thought up something awesome for the second verse, the first one is so good that it's fine he just repeated it.
Bleeda blooda

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2010, 01:38:10 AM »
I don't know, but I'm really diggin' "Hazy Daze".  That song is a little heavier than the others on the
new album.  I think it would make a great single!  The guitar riff, the chorus, and Eric's drumming are
all stellar.  Any thoughts?

-Brandon
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2010, 02:13:40 AM »
I don't know, but I'm really diggin' "Hazy Daze".  That song is a little heavier than the others on the
new album.  I think it would make a great single!  The guitar riff, the chorus, and Eric's drumming are
all stellar.  Any thoughts?

-Brandon

I think it would get airplay, though I think there are a couple songs that could get even more. It's one of my top 5 on the album.
Bleeda blooda

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2010, 02:25:46 AM »
i would love for hazy daze to be the next one, its my absolute favorite off the album
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2010, 02:45:29 AM »
I would go with "Take a Load Off" since it is pretty much classic STP.
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

gotofavre

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2010, 05:02:03 AM »
2nd single - cinnamon

3rd single - either Huckleberry or Hickory

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2010, 05:23:29 AM »
I would go with "Take a Load Off" since it is pretty much classic STP.
That was my quote almost exactly!!  yo my friend are getting some good karma points!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

stp080808

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »
I think once STP hits Europe we'll get a better idea of potential singles by which songs get added or removed from the set.  Take a Load Off would definitely work.  I like Fast As I Can but would prefer Hazy Daze as a single.  The second single should be staple STP so I think its gotta be Take a Load Off, Hazy Daze or Hickory Dichotomy.   My thinking is that the third single will be down tempo, so either Cinnamon, First Kiss on Mars or Maver.   My choice...its gotta be First Kiss on Mars.  "Everybody feels the days but waits for summer nights"  perfect single for the end of summer/North American tour...
08-03-00 Spectrum
05-31-08 PNC  08-08-08 Musikfest
8-31-10  Mohegan Sun 09-03-10  The Borgata 09-05-10  PNC
08-14-11 Musikfest

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »
A local station, while doing its daily top 9, played HuckleBerry before it played BTL (which was #1).  I thought it was the nxt single but apparently not, whats the STP camp waiting for?

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2010, 08:00:35 PM »
i would love for hazy daze to be the next one, its my absolute favorite off the album

Yeah, this has become my favorite song.  I love this song.  I still think TALO should be the next single.  Somebody said Cinnamon and I agree it should be released.. I think has the potential to be huge.  Maybe not with some of the people that expect only "rock" STP but it would draw in listeners they may never have had before.
Also, I would release Fast As I Can before HC or HD.  I love those songs but I think the previous three do a bit better IMO.

iamthewscott

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2010, 12:16:32 AM »
1st Choice: Fast As I Can

2nd Choice: Take a Load Off

I'm pretty sure that Cinnamon is going to end up out there for sure.  Can't ignore how well it's doing on itunes.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
Heres a respone I got from a stations music director,   that played Huckleberyry Crumble, when I asked him is he knew it was the next single.  Its ot much just thought Id share.
"I have no idea if that is going to be the single.   I genuinely like this record and this song really does it for   me....that's why I featured it."