September 20, 2024, 12:57:07 AM

Author Topic: Cinnamon single released on radio  (Read 45894 times)

Pruno

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon single released on radio
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2010, 04:30:24 PM »
I think the next single should be any of these because I can see them appealing to a wider audience than anything else on the album:

Take a Load Off (classic mid-tempo STP, but the chorus is a little choppy for your listener with uneducated musical ears)
Fast as I Can (great chorus and guitar work - been getting airplay on ESPN)
Huckleberry (single-friendly, but not sure if modern audiences will dig it since it sounds so 70's Aerosmith)
Hickory - (not sure if the country vibe will appeal to a large audience or Scott's awesome style of singing, but a great song especially live).
Dare if You Dare - great mid-tempo ballad with some good lyrics and melody

I think other songs on the album are a little too out there to be accepted by a large audience.

rymo84

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
I've given it a week to think about it.....

I'm going with either Huckelberry or Fast I Can. These 2 seem to be the most likely to be catchy.

At some point they're going to have to put out one of the poppy songs, that's just how the world works these days, sadly

purplestpgirl

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2010, 06:10:18 PM »
Quote from: "rymo84"

I'm going with either Huckelberry or Fast I Can. These 2 seem to be the most likely to be catchy.

At some point they're going to have to put out one of the poppy songs, that's just how the world works these days, sadly
Those are my 2 favorites from the album. I'd really like to see either of them be singles, but you're right they may have to put out on of the the poppy songs if they want the album to continue to sell.

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »
Quote from: "rymo84"

At first I was thinking TALO, but now that I'm thinking of how FAIC goes, I like that better as a single.

The one song I want to see released as a single, perhaps the last single they release for the album, is First Kiss On Mars. I think the ballad-y nature of it, plus the harmonies are very radio-friendly.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
I think Atlantic needs to get on their high-horse and release a new single NOW! They need to help the sales quick.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

moya moya

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2010, 10:41:34 PM »
OK, so I just listened from beginning to end, and my vote is on Maver being the best option to really boost interest and sales. I know it may be too "poppy" for the average STP fan but when you compare it to what is currently being played on the radio right now, it seems to be the best choice. Compare it to Just Breathe by Pearl Jam that I could hear on pretty much any radio station across many music genres at any given time in the past couple of months. Just Breathe was a really accessible, great song that will appeal to people with different musical preferences. I think the closest song on this album is Maver (please god, not Cinnamon).

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2010, 11:19:01 PM »
Maver is a terrible choice for a single. Great song, but terrible single idea. I'm gonna keep on saying that until they start releasing singles for their NEXT album  ;)
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
Maver is a terrible choice for a single. Great song, but terrible single idea. I'm gonna keep on saying that until they start releasing singles for their NEXT album  ;)

Gotta back that up...Sure, its a great song, many of us loyal fans love it, and its a great way to close the album, but it would NOT perform on the radio. If STP wants any chance of this album hitting gold, they are gonna have to choose the remaining singles wisely...and I think the only ones that would perform well enough to give a chance of doing well are:

-Fast as I Can
-Hickory Dichotomy
-Huckleberry Crumble
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2010, 12:09:53 AM »
I have put quite a bit of thought into this over the last week or so and I think that take a load off would be the best choice for single...  It sounds classic STP!  Even though Hick Dich is my current favorite I think that people will pick that song apart!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2010, 12:17:26 AM »
Well my guess is HD..
If you only knew..

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2010, 12:22:34 AM »
Isnt there enough classic STP on the radio

Jim2131

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2010, 12:26:10 AM »
Quote from: "Shannon"
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"

Gotta back that up...Sure, its a great song, many of us loyal fans love it, and its a great way to close the album, but it would NOT perform on the radio. If STP wants any chance of this album hitting gold, they are gonna have to choose the remaining singles wisely...and I think the only ones that would perform well enough to give a chance of doing well are:

-Fast as I Can
-Hickory Dichotomy
-Huckleberry Crumble

TAKE A LOAD OFF

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2010, 01:04:04 AM »
Take A Load Off needs to be on the radio
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2010, 01:06:53 AM »
Fast As I Can really NEEDS to be a single. After that it's a toss up between Hickory, Huckleberry, and Take A Load Off.

Joosman

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2010, 01:13:32 AM »
I'm not really sure what song would be a great single.  Honestly it took me a while to love BTL (which I really like now) and it did great as a single.  Most of the songs on the album are great, but IMO are maybe missing something that will really catch the radio listener.  I think First Kiss On Mars has potential as the last single.  I just wish Scott did a little more with the "Reel over" part because the rest of the song is amazing.  Anyone else feel the same way about "reel over"?
With all I've said and all that's dead for you.