September 19, 2024, 11:55:45 PM

Author Topic: Cinnamon single released on radio  (Read 45892 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon single released on radio
« Reply #240 on: October 23, 2010, 10:40:33 AM »
Cinnamon has already been released, and it's already charted. Pretty sure it was in the top 40 on the alternative chart or something. Not sure if it still is charting.

Live 105 is never going to play Take A Load Off. I sent probably 2 or 3 text messages a week asking them to play it after it hit the radio. Heard nothing back from them.

They aren't going to play Cinnamon either, unless it blows up. I get a little satisfaction from the fact they play old STP a couple times a day.... But the fact that they have shitty Muse, Phoenix and all the other garbage they play on repeat and never play new STP makes me hate that station.
Bleeda blooda

therealcaptain40

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2010, 11:18:33 AM »
I'm from Las Vegas, NV and I have yet to hear 'Take A Load Off' or 'Cinnamon.' IMO, 'TALO' was a horrible single selection and it's totally overrated by the STP fan community. Huckleberry, Hickory, or FKOM would've been better choices.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2010, 05:05:04 AM »
I have a feeling that we will see the Cinnamon video about the same time we see the Shangri La Dee Da documentary.   :-\

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2010, 06:49:52 AM »
Cinnamon has already been released, and it's already charted. Pretty sure it was in the top 40 on the alternative chart or something. Not sure if it still is charting.

Live 105 is never going to play Take A Load Off. I sent probably 2 or 3 text messages a week asking them to play it after it hit the radio. Heard nothing back from them.

They aren't going to play Cinnamon either, unless it blows up. I get a little satisfaction from the fact they play old STP a couple times a day.... But the fact that they have shitty Muse, Phoenix and all the other garbage they play on repeat and never play new STP makes me hate that station.

woah woah. I mean yeah Pheonix is not nearly as good as people say they are... but Muse? come on. Muse is phenomenal

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2010, 07:32:52 AM »

woah woah. I mean yeah Pheonix is not nearly as good as people say they are... but Muse? come on. Muse is phenomenal

I like some of Muse's old music. Not so much any of their new stuff they play on the radio.
Bleeda blooda

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2010, 08:00:25 PM »
I've just heard Cinnamon on the radio by first time, old news I know...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2010, 11:04:03 PM »

I STILL haven't heard it. Kinda pissed. It was the one song I thought they'd for sure play on a regular basis.
Bleeda blooda

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2010, 04:38:31 AM »
heard it once on fm. almost shit myself.
adhesive love

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2010, 03:58:45 PM »

I STILL haven't heard it. Kinda pissed. It was the one song I thought they'd for sure play on a regular basis.

I havn't heard it at all. Q101 stopped playing TALO and plays the old stuff. WXRT is STILL playing Between the Lines.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 02, 2010, 05:28:05 AM »
No old news then :P Guess they played it because STP is coming, but I have heard Hazy Daze twice (terrific song for radio)

Silver guns and Candybars

« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2010, 11:50:13 PM »
 i gave my opinion of cinnamon on another post ( least fav stp songs ) but i think that it needs to be discussed as a topic     surely im not the only one who hates this song and thinks it gives a horrible representation of my favorite band?     i hate this song with a passion and its the only stp song that i cant enjoy.
its horrible and we all know if this wasn't STP we'd all talk about how its just another garbage modern rock song. I sincerely hope this song fails as a single bc i don't want people to know this song is by STP when they hear it on the radio.
STP has the rep as being a "true rock band" from the people... something practically all the modern rock bands cannot say.. and if this song got big and even became a cross over hit they would lose credibility from the real rock fans  i just have this nightmare of walking down the street and hearing the same people who like gaga, brittney spears, and everyone else who couldnt name one rock song  singing cinnamon out loud

the thing that kills me is that SW is way too talented to write this simple crap.
sadly this song is STP stepping down to the modern rock band level just to make a big hit 
this is just tough love from a true stp fan

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2010, 12:23:01 AM »

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2010, 04:09:56 AM »
Well, we don't "all know" this --

I LOVE Cinn - its pure Deleo pop perfection!  Its not "another crappy pop song" - its a flawless pop song.

I'm not a casual fan - I've been Weiland-obsessed for 15 years. :)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2010, 05:12:33 AM »
I disagree with...everything, starting with it needs to be discussed as a topic. You gave your opinion on "least fav song", now if you want to talk about the song itself there's already a thread for that.

I love Robert on Cinnamon.

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2010, 07:50:37 AM »
i agree that cinnamon is the worst song stp has ever recorded... even with that being said i still kinda like it

but yeah i kinda get where your coming from... i would be pretty bummed out if i heard this song played on the pop stations
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides