September 19, 2024, 07:48:41 PM

Author Topic: Cinnamon single released on radio  (Read 45877 times)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon single released on radio
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2010, 11:25:41 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
The band should go with another rocker, like Huckleberry Crumble or Hickory Dichotomy.

It would be career suicide if they picked Cinnamon I think, BUT I can see how it would work as a single. Does anyone actually see a rock station picking that up in rotation? Seriously? Pop station certainly, but a rock station?

I can see a rocker as the next single. At least that's what I'd do. I'm thinking something like "Fast As I Can" or "Huckleberry Crumble" before putting out "Cinnamon". In my opinion, I think "Dare If You Dare" would be a great single to finish with. Then, we have four singles and hopefully a really successful album.

artcrimestudios

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2010, 08:15:05 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
The band should go with another rocker, like Huckleberry Crumble or Hickory Dichotomy.

It would be career suicide if they picked Cinnamon I think, BUT I can see how it would work as a single. Does anyone actually see a rock station picking that up in rotation? Seriously? Pop station certainly, but a rock station?

Can't see the career suicide...they just released a really good rocker, next they release a main stream friendly pop or ballad, then they release another rocker. That is actually pretty sound career choice.

Worst case, a vocal minority claim they sold out or lost credibility or some such nonsense and get over it by the time the next single comes out.

Between the Lines
Cinnamon or First Kiss On Mars
Fast As I Can

Book It!
Sometimes I think that I can kill the world
If just for a day
but I\'d just be stuck with myself again
And I don\'t think I wanna be my only friend

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2010, 12:42:18 AM »
What ever they pick, they need to do it soon. Don't most bands usually have a second single picked and ready by the time the album hits?

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2010, 01:06:01 AM »
They could release a two singles simultaneously. I've seen bands do this before. One soft song for pop stations while releasing a more rocking song for rock stations.

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2010, 02:41:10 AM »
I actually do see Cinammon being the next single. But most likely Hickory Dichotomy will be the next choice.

Plus, on their facebook, I just clicked on some link that asked me for my favorite song and their 4 choices were:

Huckleberry Crumble
Take A Load Off
Hickory Dichotomy
Cinnamon

I'm assuming they want fans to pick what could be the next single? I voted for Take A Load Off.
Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

TurnToDust86

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • DL Live
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2010, 03:54:17 AM »
I voted for Huckleberry Crumble. It's my favorite song on the album, though it really appears that Hickory Dichotomy is going to be the second single. It seems to be getting the most exposure between the VH1/Palladia show, the bonus live track on the album, and the performance on Jimmy Kimmel. But it is catchy as hell, which I fully realized after I heard my girlfriend humming the chorus after hearing the song just a couple of times.
Curt

Chips will only grow one shoulder at a time.

"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." - Conan O'Brien

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2010, 06:02:48 AM »
Sweet I love hickory ..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2010, 06:06:26 AM »
I think Take A Load Off was the front runner in that poll. Though I've always thought Hickory Dichotomy was going to be a single, before I even heard the song.
Bleeda blooda

dfl311

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2010, 06:50:54 AM »
they'd be dumb not to make "Dare If You Dare" a single... that chorus is money.

DadaelusJones

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2010, 06:52:30 AM »
My heart wants Take a Load Off but my gut says Hickory Dichotomy.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2010, 06:57:31 AM »
Quote from: "dfl311"

Sounds too much like that Green Day song that was popular 6 months ago. I enjoy it though. It's a good song.

Quote from: "DadaelusJones"
My heart wants Take a Load Off but my gut says Hickory Dichotomy.

Yesssss. My sentiments exactly. Hickory Dichotomy is a great song, and it's a name that people are going to remember.
Bleeda blooda

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2010, 06:59:28 AM »
I really don't see Hickory being a good single. It's a good, catchy song, but just not single material in my opinion. Just too "abstract" or something...I just can't see it being a hit. It's one of those songs that's better off remaining a fan favorite. I'm tellin ya, Fast As I Can is the way to go!
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

facepollution

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2010, 08:21:46 AM »

Absolutely, I think it's their best chance to turn this shitty situation around.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2010, 08:51:42 AM »
Quote from: "facepollution"

Absolutely, I think it's their best chance to turn this shitty situation around.

Shitty situation? What are you talking about?

Are you referring to the #1 single or #2 album?
Bleeda blooda

Unglued

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2010, 03:36:16 PM »
I think this thread is much more important now.  Sure a #2 album is awesome (damn I really wanted them to get the top spot) but 62,000 copies is not a strong showing especially for a #2 album.  
I think Take A Load Off is an excellent choice to be the next single.  This may grab some of the STP fans out there that haven't embraced BTL or some of things people have been saying about the album (just read other threads, not my opinions people).  Of course I disagree with most of the non-hardcore STP fan comments.  I love this record and I cannot stop listening to it.  I have listened to nothing else since I got this record.
I like Dare if you Dare but I don't think it will be a strong enough "radio" song for the band.  Just my opinion but I think TALO is a better choice.