September 28, 2024, 10:26:20 PM

Author Topic: iTunes Versions of the album  (Read 23408 times)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes Versions of the album
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2010, 03:38:31 AM »
I think I'm headed to Target at midnight to buy the cd/dvd pack there.  PErsonally for me I want the physical cd!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2010, 04:24:20 AM »
It has been said a couple of times here, and I agree... You Can't Drive Me Away is by far the best of those unreleased songs.  In fact, I think it is one of STP's best songs ever.  I remember hearing the live snipet from a radio show they did, and the DJ was talking over it while they were playing in the background.  Even with that, it struck me as a very good song.  I was so glad when the full version (and a quality recording, nonetheless) leaked out.  It would've been a shame if that song never saw the light of day.  And that's why I definitely would've selected it as a bonus track over the others.

But since I already have a quality version of that song (yes, despite what some people have said here, I think it's a quality sounding version), I obviously would've rather heard something completely new.  That does NOT, however, make me a whiny baby or an overly demanding jerk, as some people have implied or even directly said here.  Like all of us, I want to hear as much new STP music as possible.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2010, 05:47:14 AM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
Quote from: "VeiledTrickerySTP"
Are the bonus songs being offered on the STP website the same as what is on the iTunes deluxe edition? I'd rather buy it from stp.com because I use Zune for my MP3s.

I don't believe iTunes sells protected mp3s any longer so they should work on any device.

You don't get mp3s when you download from iTunes. I think you get .m4a files. Those might not work on a Zune.
Bleeda blooda

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2010, 06:02:10 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Are the bonus songs being offered on the STP website the same as what is on the iTunes deluxe edition? I'd rather buy it from stp.com because I use Zune for my MP3s.

I don't believe iTunes sells protected mp3s any longer so they should work on any device.

You don't get mp3s when you download from iTunes. I think you get .m4a files. Those might not work on a Zune.

You can easily convert them to mp3s though.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2010, 10:38:40 PM »
Quote from: "Garrett"

Yeah but then they're all compressed.... My ears aren't very sensitive to subtle changes but once mp3s start getting compressed, it really does sound bad.
Bleeda blooda

Whazup

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2010, 04:18:16 AM »

Yeah but then they're all compressed.... My ears aren't very sensitive to subtle changes but once mp3s start getting compressed, it really does sound bad.

Well the .m4a files are 256kps, so just convert to 256kps .mp3 and there should be no problem

Cotton

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2010, 06:27:02 AM »
Quote from: "Silverman Supergun"
Officially-
5 great all original albums.  
Secret song on Purple is hilarious.
Revolution cover, Break on Through cover, Dancin' Days cover.
The Thank You CD/DVD is sick.  CD has one original(AITSTYW)song and the extra Plush Headbangers ball acoustic song besides Greatest hits.  The videos and the rest on the DVD are ridiculous.  Glen Campbell.
6 great all original albums now, I hope.  Plus two bonus songs from SLDD era.  Maybe these songs represent a bridge between albums, eras, Suit that you Wear, etc...  3 bonus live songs.  Something new, nice.  Bonus interviews.  Again, new and nice.

They've kept it tight, but a sick catalogue with all media.  Is this overtime or just the start of the 3rd quarter for the boys?

Yeah, all of this is true and I'm eternally thankful of being a STP fan... but they still have not a entire Live DVD concert, and I don't think they don't have got properly recorded live material to release. How many bands released a DVD of a concert which was performed like 10 years ago? (U2, for example, released the Pop Mart Tour and the Zoo TV tour DVDS not so long ago and one tour was from '93 and the other from '98).

Why is that? I don't know.  :-
Sebastián

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2010, 01:21:17 PM »
Quote from: "Whazup"

Well the .m4a files are 256kps, so just convert to 256kps .mp3 and there should be no problem

I also read that Zune can handle M4a files, but like mentioned above, easily convertable with no loss in quality.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »
I pre-ordered the Deluxe Version off iTunes last week and it automatically downloaded "Between the Lines". I'm so excited for the extra tracks and the interview. I'm gonna end up getting the physical album too eventually just to go with my other STP cds.
Back for another one

sassydagger

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2010, 01:59:10 AM »
if you have a hard time purchasing on credit card the deluxe album, do what i did and try with a i-tunes card. they really need to fix their system.
im sorta sad that i have to get live tracks and some old songs but im relieved to see my fave band back together and sounding awesome. Maybe they will do a b-side album because i totally 'love you can't drive me away'.
;D  i wish i could see them again in NJ but it would be cool if they saved me like 60 bucks and came to NYC.
\\\"Grab the hate and drown it out
Grab the beat and drum it out
It\\\'s all so confusing\\\"

Silvergun132

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2010, 02:44:45 PM »
So I was under the impression that different releases of the new album would have a few of the non-album tracks included.  I thought they cut like 16 or 18 songs in the end and ended up keeping 12 for the new album?  All of the different releases, whether iTunes, Amazon, Bestbuy, even freakin FYE all seem to have extra content, but nothing "new."  All the extra content is either live versions of older or new songs, or I've seen where some where outtakes from SLDD are included (Samba Nova, About A Fool).

Am I missing something here?  I personally pre-ordered the "deluxe edition" of the album from STP's main website, which supposedly included "extra tracks."  I'm hoping the extra tracks are outtakes from the new album...

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2010, 04:59:39 PM »
Anyone else here think the deluxe edition hard copy, whether it be from stp.com or Target, Best Buy, etc. will be exactly the same?  I know you get the bonus track with iTunes pre-order, but I find it hard to imagine that there will be 5 different editions depending on retailer.  Can't think of any recent releases from other bands where this has been the case unless anyone has any examples?

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »
Quote from: "DumbLove"
Anyone else here think the deluxe edition hard copy, whether it be from stp.com or Target, Best Buy, etc. will be exactly the same?  I know you get the bonus track with iTunes pre-order, but I find it hard to imagine that there will be 5 different editions depending on retailer.  Can't think of any recent releases from other bands where this has been the case unless anyone has any examples?

Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2010, 07:03:31 PM »

I agree... the bonus content is pretty much made up of the Shangri outtakes and the Chicago concert. So any release is going to be some permutation of that.  If that's true, then I'd hinge any purchase more on the bonus studio material than the concert recording.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »

Ahh, how did they handle that?  Were there drastically different bonus materials at each outlet?  Tarantula was so bad, I couldn't bring myself to even download that album.