September 28, 2024, 08:21:16 PM

Author Topic: iTunes Versions of the album  (Read 23405 times)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes Versions of the album
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2010, 07:08:13 PM »
I think anything released by STP is going to be great in the grand scheme of things. It's already been stated by most in this thread that only a handful of people have heard all the outtakes so this will make them more accessible to the general music public. Scott's voice on those demos were pretty much when he was at his peak, too.

Like some pointed out, I too am a little skeptical about the "flow" of the album with these bonus tracks. Those songs don't appear to be anything stylistically like this new album. We'll see how this goes. I'm excited none the less.

Overall, I'm happy about all these releases and special eidtions and dvds... Finally some promotion and push from Atlantic! I will be kind of broke though.

And I am a little confused. What's going to be on the DVD? We do need to make a fuckin' tally of all these releases. I saw one a page back. Gonna need some discriptions of the differences. I already preordered the vinyl and the stp.com delux edition (got the t-shirt last week). And I plan on just buying the regular version in the stores.
adhesive love

cotis

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cotisproductions.com
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2010, 08:36:19 PM »
I always picture B-Sides as being potential songs on the album that didn't quite make the cut, not older songs like what's going on here...

Could be good news though, maybe the other b-side they left off is so good they're holding it for the next album  ;)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2010, 08:45:31 PM »
I feel so relieved it's the same as Target's, one less item to worry about! Target doesn't ship internationally, and it's a DVD, I can't import DVDs because I can't play them (that thing about the area code). As much as I love the physical copies I won't be able to get this, so I'll have to feel happy with iTunes digital copy (which I don't really like :- ) That if I can pre-order it. God! it's a hell...  ha!

We can assume the bonus CD on the website is different then, right? If not, why would I buy iTunes/Target's one?  ???

I remember when I used to go to the store and buy the CD  :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2010, 09:47:50 PM »
I was thinking about the bonus tracks...

Maybe there will be a little business like card where you can go a web address to download the tracks??

So maybe it wont even be on the cd.
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

LaLaGrunge

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • And So I Know
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2010, 06:47:57 AM »
"Between the Lines" is creeping up on the iTunes Rock songs charts and is at #29 right now. It was only typical that another new and formulaic Jack Johnson song would take the #1 spot like a day after it was released as a single lol. Not surprisingly, it's kind of boring like some of his other tunes.

Godsmack is ahead of STP as well on that and other harder rockin' stuff like Shinedown, Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin. I guess kids just prefer the heavier and generic nu-metal/hard rock these days? Fine, it's still early but I can't help but kinda laugh at those style of bands who all still enjoy recycling early-90s grunge/rock. They put out the same album every time.
Alter Bridge: 10/20/07
Live: 3/15/08
STP: 5/18/08, 5/31/08/Scott Weiland: 1/24/09
Metallica: 1/17/09
The Smithereens: 1/14/14/Sugar Ray-Better Than Ezra-Eve 6: 8/21/15

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »
Quote from: "LaLaGrunge"
"Between the Lines" is creeping up on the iTunes Rock songs charts and is at #29 right now. It was only typical that another new and formulaic Jack Johnson song would take the #1 spot like a day after it was released as a single lol. Not surprisingly, it's kind of boring like some of his other tunes.

Godsmack is ahead of STP as well on that and other harder rockin' stuff like Shinedown, Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin. I guess kids just prefer the heavier and generic nu-metal/hard rock these days? Fine, it's still early but I can't help but kinda laugh at those style of bands who all still enjoy recycling early-90s grunge/rock. They put out the same album every time.

Yeah, but I love Shinedown. The other bands I could do without.

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2010, 08:17:28 PM »
I hope the iTunes version has one of those full screen semi-interactive 'booklets' like the latest Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains albums had.  That'd be a nice little bonus.
Sin make me strong.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2010, 05:03:18 AM »
Quote from: "STP92"
Quote from: "LaLaGrunge"

Yeah, but I love Shinedown. The other bands I could do without.

Shinedown is great. To this day I cannot get enough of the Sound of Madness. I still listen to Godsmack here and there, but not like I used too. The other two bands have some decent tunes, but that's really it.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2010, 05:57:22 AM »
I guess I was proven right after all. :-) I had this feeling they would at least release Samba Nova at some point. I like About a Fool but I agree that You Can't Drive Me Away would've been a better choice. Maybe they'll re-record that for the next album.

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »
Are the bonus songs being offered on the STP website the same as what is on the iTunes deluxe edition? I'd rather buy it from stp.com because I use Zune for my MP3s.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »
Quote from: "VeiledTrickerySTP"
Are the bonus songs being offered on the STP website the same as what is on the iTunes deluxe edition? I'd rather buy it from stp.com because I use Zune for my MP3s.

We don't know because they haven't listed the bonus tracks on the STP website's version.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Sweilandlvsu

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2010, 01:03:35 AM »
I hope ta christ its the same!

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2010, 03:16:50 AM »
Quote from: "Sweilandlvsu"
I hope ta christ its the same!

I don't.  I want something new :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2010, 03:18:07 AM »
Quote from: "VeiledTrickerySTP"

I don't believe iTunes sells protected mp3s any longer so they should work on any device.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

strykb

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2010, 03:35:31 AM »
i thought i was gonna buy the physical cd the day of, but it looks like this itunes has all the goods. eventually i'll get the cd, but it looks like itunes is the best. am i right?